Crime Ahmaud Arbery Shooting v4 (autopsy report)

Except we don't know that he was doing anything that day and neither did they (they admitted this to the police that day, they didn't witness him do anything other than run past their house) and you're leaving out context that Arbery only went for the gun after the McMichaels chased him for 5 minutes, cornered him, and threatened that if he didn't stop running they'd blow his fucking head off. They were threatening his life and he was defending himself, and they shot him for it.

You suspecting somebody of a crime that you, by your admission, didn't even witness them commit doesn't give you the authority to chase them with a gun and threaten their life. The fact that they killed him during the confrontation makes it a murder. They're murderers.
It's really baffling that he thinks they are justified in their actions. I've no clue how someone can have such a rotten moral compass.

Travis McMichael gets "Life without the possibility of parole +20 years."

Greg McMichael gets "Life without the possibility of parole +20 years."

Roddy Bryant gets "Life with the possibility of parole." He'll be in his 80's when he's eligible.

All 3 of Ahmaud Arbery's convicted killers get sentenced to life in prison (msn.com)
And to think they would have gotten away with it if Roddy or Greg hadn't given the video to the lawyer who then gave it to the local radio station. The D.A. and police covered it up and weren't going to do anything.

Ahmaud just had to stop and explain why he was trespassing in a house that was not his.

Ahmaud grabbing the gun is why he is dead today
He doesn't need to stop and explain anything to these guys, but guys like you think every Black person needs to explain themselves to good ole boys.

It's a bad ruling. But we don't live in the era of justice, we live in the era of "social justice," which is something completely different

But we aren't talking about murderers.

We are talking about a guy that had to shoot once Ahmaud charged him and grabbed his gun after Ahmaud ( a previous thief) was caught trespassing in another person's house.

And 2 guys never pulled a trigger

Ahmaud just had to stop and explain why he was trespassing in a house that was not his.

Ahmaud grabbing the gun is why he is dead today

These aren’t hot takes ladies and gentlemen. These are mentally ill takes.

<6>

They all 3 deserve time but those sentences are excessive, especially for Gregory McMichael and Bryan. I don’t think they’ll survive an appeal.

Reactions: JSN
They all 3 deserve time but those sentences are excessive, especially for Gregory McMichael and Bryan. I don’t think they’ll survive an appeal.

Why? They were convicted of murder because they participated in the events that directly lead to Arbery's murder.

I swear the judge is eyeing himself up for Judge Judy or some reality show he was so wordy. He could have got that done in 5 minutes.

Why? They were convicted of murder because they participated in the events that directly lead to Arbery's murder.
That’s correct. Which is why I said they deserve time.

And to think they would have gotten away with it if Roddy or Greg hadn't given the video to the lawyer who then gave it to the local radio station. The D.A. and police covered it up and weren't going to do anything.

That is what is so frightening about it. If they had just wiped the tape, they'd be at home right now because justice would've been perverted just to protect THEM.

That is what is so frightening about it. If they had just wiped the tape, they'd be at home right now because justice would've been perverted just to protect THEM.
You have to wonder how many people around the US got away with such shit because the local authorities covered it up. In this same Georgia town, a White woman was murdered by cops and the same D.A. covered it up.

So what exactly is excessive about what they got?
Take the Bryan guy for example. Soonest he could get parole is 30 years which means he’d be 82, ie beyond his life expectancy. That seems harsh considering his role. Do you think he knew the situation was going to escalate the way it did? Just my opinion.

When you look at the sentencing you have to also weigh in the defendants. These weren't some drunk teens out on a Friday night looking for kicks. One was a former cop, one was former military, and the other just joined in because he saw a Black guy running fast.

They all knew better, ignored it, and a man lay dead at their hands minutes later.

Justice has been served.

I dunno. I feel like this incident mirrors the Rittenhouse incident almost to the exact detail and that's how the juries saw them.

In both cases you have three men who give chase and attempt to force an up close, physical confrontation, matched against one man who does everything he can to escape. The three continue to pursue. And once the one is out of options for fleeing the scene he is left with no other option but to fight back.

The juries in both cases determined that it was within the rights of the man who was being chased, and who exhausted all of his avenues of flight, to fight back. They also decided that whatever happened after that point was the responsibility of the three who were giving chase, and not the one who was given no choice but to fight back.

In the Rittenhouse case, that meant that Rittenhouse was not responsible for the deaths or injuries of the three men he shot, as they were the aggressors and therefore responsible for what happened.

In this case, that meant that Arbery was not responsible for his own death (as the defense tried to argue) but that the men who chased him down and pushed the issue were responsible for what happened. All of them. Because they worked as team to force the situation into a violent (and ultimately deadly) confrontation that Arbery was clearly trying to avoid.

It's actually pretty gratifying to see juries agree so clearly on what constitutes an aggressor and a victim and what differentiates murder from self defense, even with regard to incidents that turned out so differently but were so parallel in the way they developed.

You have to wonder how many people around the US got away with such shit because the local authorities covered it up. In this same Georgia town, a White woman was murdered by cops and the same D.A. covered it up.

Prosecution for the coverup is something that needs to happen here.

I see one of the DAs who covered up has been charged and the other has not.

Btw the offense she was charged with has a potential 1 year in prison if found guilty. Wow.

I dunno. I feel like this incident mirrors the Rittenhouse incident almost to the exact detail and that's how the juries saw them.

In both cases you have three men who give chase and attempt to force an up close, physical confrontation, matched against one man who does everything he can to escape. The three continue to pursue. And once the one is out of options for fleeing the scene he is left with no other option but to fight back.

The juries in both cases determined that it was within the rights of the man who was being chased, and who exhausted all of his avenues of flight, to fight back. They also decided that whatever happened after that point was the responsibility of the three who were giving chase, and not the one who was given no choice but to fight back.

In the Rittenhouse case, that meant that Rittenhouse was not responsible for the deaths or injuries of the three men he shot, as they were the aggressors and therefore responsible for what happened.

In this case, that meant that Arbery was not responsible for his own death (as the defense tried to argue) but that the men who chased him down and pushed the issue were responsible for what happened. All of them. Because they worked as team to force the situation into a violent (and ultimately deadly) confrontation that Arbery was clearly trying to avoid.

It's actually pretty gratifying to see juries agree so clearly on what constitutes an aggressor and a victim and what differentiates murder from self defense, even with regard to incidents that turned out so differently but were so parallel in the way they developed.
There are parallels, but there are substantial differences. Rittenhouse was being didn’t do anything wrong prior to the shootings whereas Arbery was a habitual thief and was trespassing.

This is one of those cases where I think just about anything is kind of “eh I can see it” from the DA never pressing charges up to murder.

It’s being sold to us as nice black man jogging when rednecks, enraged by his presence, hunted him down and killed him. Really it’s a case of four idiots doing stupid shit. Arbery is casing a place, overzealous hicks gamble their freedom by going after him, and shitstorm ensues.

The only thing I can really say with some certainty is that this isn’t the type of homicide that’s on par with a serial killer or someone blasting a person who dissed them.

Back