Agree with Chris Weidman on this one?

I remember when Weidman beat Silva. Sherdog was crowning this dude the GOAT, he's better than Jones, he will be the greatest fighter ever, blah blah blah...

My how the times have changed...
Yeah he got lucky as fuck but as you said, his luck ran out. I think Weidman's problem was thinking that he could survive off the power he absorbed from Silva's leg break, but apparently that wasn't enough.

Such a shame. Whittaker vs. Weidman is an interesting fight.
He has a puncher's chance I suppose. But other than that, Whittaker brutalizes him to a KO in the 1st. If Yoel can't take him down, the Weidman isn't and CW is just to slow in the stand up for Whittaker.

Yeah he got lucky as fuck but as you said, his luck ran out. I think Weidman's problem was thinking that he could survive off the power he absorbed from Silva's leg break, but apparently that wasn't enough.
The Chris has the 2nd longest MW title reign in the history of MMA (UFC and PRIDE), and The Chris has the 2nd most MW title defenses in the history of MMA (UFC and PRIDE).

Not sure if they were all top 5 but they were close to it if they weren't and he was competitive. He hasn't been the same since Herb Dean didn't stop the Rockhold fight in round 3. Weidman's chin got much weaker after that.

Does he consider his fights against Romero and Rockhold winnable?

He was ahead or even with Yoel and most scored round 1 for Weidman against Rockhold and he was doing well in round 3 till he thought he was Barboza.

The chris is a good fighter but his bjj is not on the level most people think. I first realized it when he had machidas back and didnt even put his hooks in, and did nothing with it. I couldnt help but think if that was GSP or someone else they would have secured position and went for a choke.

The Chris has the 2nd longest MW title reign in the history of MMA (UFC and PRIDE), and The Chris has the 2nd most MW title defenses in the history of MMA (UFC and PRIDE).
Don't forget about Chris' book he wrote
287p6hg.jpg

It's like some people forget he dominated a very game Lyoto Machida.

And yes the fights were all competitive against a murderer's row.

I'll concede that the Vitor he defeated was Vitor off the testosterone cold turkey and didn't belong there.

But the 2nd Anderson fight was a legit win, not a fluke. He hurt Anderson bad before the leg check breaking Anderson's leg.

He was 2 minutes away from winning a decision if he played it safe. He could have, but he didn't just coast for a decision. And he doesn't get enough credit for it, instead he get ridiculed and people call for him to retire.

Such a shame. Whittaker vs. Weidman is an interesting fight.

Agreed. And I don't see anything arrogant about his tweet. God forbid a professional fighter believes in himself and isn't giving up.

The mocking his father thing gets old too. A father openly expresses support for his son on TV and gets made fun of and called a creep 4 years later.

Nah, his supposed skill gets old.
Any half way intelligent person knows that his first royal dominance is a meaningless token.

By R3, he’s a nobody.

Winning every single moment of R1 doesn’t matter.
He would have gotten lit up by prime Anderson and got lucky when he was saved against Gastellum.

He has fought brutal competition but his chin is shot and he will never under any circumstances win a title again. People around him should be telliing him to retire while his health is still fair, imo

Back