Agree with Chris Weidman on this one?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
kTDN9cI.png

The Chris has definitely fought a murderers row in his ufc career.

He takes no easy fights, and that’s respectable

1 win out his 5 last fights.

4 KO/TKO losses in his last 5 fights.

Yep. Weidman was winning at least one round against Rockhold, Jacare, Romero and Mousasi.

positive message but I feel sorry for Chris
I think he still belives he is just a fight away from the title fight

Does he consider his fights against Romero and Rockhold winnable?

No.

He is the best fighter in the world for the first 5 minutes.
Thus, he is “winning every single moment”.

He is a lower Top 10 fighter in the 2nd round.

And he is barely Top 20 in the 3rd round.
Here, he often gets brutally finished.

Generally, that is what to expect.

Which top-5 does he mean? Sherdog or UFC?
I'm just asking, because the UFC top-5 can change every hour. Depending on who Dana promises more money from ....

Don't completely agree but Weidman's level of competition is definitely impressive.

<StillMyBoy>

Chris needs some finishes to get back to the top. Watching his last few fights made me feel like he was on the decline instead of improving

I agree. He was doing pretty good against the likes of Romero, Jacare and Rockhold. I don't remember the Mousasi fight all that much but I think he was doing alright in the first.

Sadly, he either got hit with the ol' right there Fred or got completely dismantled in the last couple of minutes in the fight.

Credit to him though, he's fought absolute killers for years.

The Chris has definitely fought a murderers row in his ufc career.

He takes no easy fights, and that’s respectable
He has beaten several PED cheaters and now is also helping the youth to go away from drugs . Respect to Teh Chris.
He is still pretty deluded though . I heard only a guy in NJ can match him in that regard .

I remember when Weidman beat Silva. Sherdog was crowning this dude the GOAT, he's better than Jones, he will be the greatest fighter ever, blah blah blah...

My how the times have changed...

He has beaten several PED cheaters and now is also helping the youth to go away from drugs . Respect to Teh Chris.
He is still pretty deluded though . I heard only a guy in NJ can match him in that regard .
Agreed, Mickey Gall is probably the most deluded guy in the UFC currently

That still doesn't stop brain damage. He has nothing left to prove.

Weidman schedule has been crazy. He's not a ducker that's for sure.
Maybe it would be good for his career to take a little step down in competition though for a while

positive message but I feel sorry for Chris
I think he still belives he is just a fight away from the title fight
Guy is super delusional. I don't dislike the guy and I think watching him lose just hurts because I can see all the hope draining from his soul and it's always sad.

That said, the guy is 1/4 in his last 5 and there's no glossing that over. A bunch of KOs and TKOs are good for concussions and long term problems but not much more. I feel sorry for the guy.

Split rounds with all of his past 5 opponents except Jacare whom he tooled nearly the whole fight.

"bUt BuT bUt JaCaRe Is ElItE hE gEtS rObBeD oF tItLe ShOt"

Mean while Weidman was the second top win of his 15+ year career and had to pull it out of his ass rather than out skill his opponent. Mousasi is the other top win of his who I believe would beat Jacare a 3rd time around that was also like 5 years ago.

Weidman his hella underrated bc of his brutal losses to some of the best MWs to ever compete.

Back