Agree with Chris Weidman on this one?

I agree he was always competitve

tumblr_phni00MDxO1rofocqo1_400.gif

Still kind of a kooky punch. I still think Chris suffered something similar to a neck stinger here. Don't see many kd's from a high forehead punch.

They were “very winnable” KO/TKO losses though.

Unfortunately, results tend to be largely binary... He came up with the 0 on most of them. But yeah, I agree, they were largely competitive fights.

I still maintain he should've won vs Jacare and Romero. No reason to engage Jacare in a fire fight nor shoot on Romero

Still kind of a kooky punch. I still think Chris suffered something similar to a neck stinger here. Don't see many kd's from a high forehead punch.
Yeah, most people's brains take mighty exception to being forced into one side of the cranial cavity...
N2MxMjdhYjQ2YSMvd3lKd1lNVy1DdmNQNktjaFBvMGhrc2lNY0VzPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vdWh0NGlyYmZ5NGx6Y2hpcmg2eGxwZmZrcG14OGZkdWV5aGdxb2J2Z3VtZnVyNmkweXh2a25mcWlxNzl6bXh0ci5naWY.gif

He’s still his fathers son, that’s all that matters

He losses hard, too. Like definitive losses. He threw a bad kick against Rockhold, snatched up off balance and Rockhold is a grizzly on top but would have never gotten that TD otherwise, how tragic...

In an even fight with Yoel, he ducks too low for a TD and Yoel times a perfect knee, how unfortunate...

Against Moose, he got put in that clinch where those knees would have ended him anyway.

Jacare just damn exploited Chris when he let off the gas peddle.

All this points to is that Chris is a good fighter, but he is not elite. Gotta break Jacare to beat him because that fucker just comes forward... Chris has success when he was keeping Jacare at the end of the punches and kicks, but then he stopped the pressure... Cannot do that. And for wrestler, he has suspect cardio...

I remember when Weidman beat Silva. Sherdog was crowning this dude the GOAT, he's better than Jones, he will be the greatest fighter ever, blah blah blah...

My how the times have changed...
Silva has rebounded better than he has

Weidman gets too much flack. He’s a great fighter. He also had fans around here until he lost, in typical Sherdog fashion...

Fair enough, Chris.

I can't deny he has a heart.

No denying that, and he's got a pretty good record vs top 5 competition going 7-4. Most top 5 level fighter when facing top 5 comp have .500 records so The Chris has done pretty well. What makes this point of his career look bad is he's 1-4 with all losses by TKO.

The man needs a win bad. I think he needs to take fights vs a top 6-15 ranked fighter to get back on track. Fight Branch and Tavares or Canoneir and gets two wins back to back.

Weidman is coming off a loss to Jacare. He needs to focus on his next opponent and make sure he wins his fight because he is slowly becoming irrelevant.

He losses hard, too. Like definitive losses. He threw a bad kick against Rockhold, snatched up off balance and Rockhold is a grizzly on top but would have never gotten that TD otherwise, how tragic...

In an even fight with Yoel, he ducks too low for a TD and Yoel times a perfect knee, how unfortunate...

Against Moose, he got put in that clinch where those knees would have ended him anyway.

When you look at his biggest wins they have the same chancy characteristic to them. His elbow against Munoz was in the right place at the right time capitalizing on Munoz forward movement. Then who would have thought that Silva would go full retard sticking his chin out in a title fight. Then the one in a million leg breakage.

Weidman’s biggest moments are fluky

Does he consider his fights against Romero and Rockhold winnable?
He was on his way towards a close decision against Romero until he got his head exploded in the third round. The fight with Rockhold was competitive and winnable until you know what.

Yeah, most people's brains take mighty exception to being forced into one side of the cranial cavity...
N2MxMjdhYjQ2YSMvd3lKd1lNVy1DdmNQNktjaFBvMGhrc2lNY0VzPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vdWh0NGlyYmZ5NGx6Y2hpcmg2eGxwZmZrcG14OGZkdWV5aGdxb2J2Z3VtZnVyNmkweXh2a25mcWlxNzl6bXh0ci5naWY.gif

Waiting for the long list of examples where someone was dropped by a punch to the forehead area.

It's like some people forget he dominated a very game Lyoto Machida.

And yes the fights were all competitive against a murderer's row.

I'll concede that the Vitor he defeated was Vitor off the testosterone cold turkey and didn't belong there.

But the 2nd Anderson fight was a legit win, not a fluke. He hurt Anderson bad before the leg check breaking Anderson's leg.

He was 2 minutes away from winning a decision if he played it safe. He could have, but he didn't just coast for a decision. And he doesn't get enough credit for it, instead he get ridiculed and people call for him to retire.

Such a shame. Whittaker vs. Weidman is an interesting fight.

Weidman gets too much flack. He’s a great fighter. He also had fans around here until he lost, in typical Sherdog fashion...

Agreed. And I don't see anything arrogant about his tweet. God forbid a professional fighter believes in himself and isn't giving up.

The mocking his father thing gets old too. A father openly expresses support for his son on TV and gets made fun of and called a creep 4 years later.

Last edited:
Back