Agree or Disagree: Reyes is more of a threat to Jones than Cormier was.

Reyes is a tall, crisp striker. Takes and hits you from awkward good angles, throws good combinations, and has power and length. Also the man is young, in his physical prime. Reyes is just relatively unknown and doesn't have big names on his record.

Cormier is a short wrestler with decent power and striking. Nothing scary. Close to 10 years the senior of Jones. We learned very early in Jon's career that wrestlers were no match for him. What hyped their fights was the bad blood and their respective resumes.

Guess it all depends on how his defensive wrestling holds up
fixed

Nope not more of a threat. A different threat. Younger, bigger, body that can actually kick above Jones knees, not a low center of gravity, not a DC level wrestling powerhouse, c'mon you know this...

I think it will come down to Dom's TDD. But I still give the standup to Jones due to his amazing kicking game and fight IQ.

Agree or Disagree: Reyes is more of a threat to Jones than Cormier was.

giphy.gif

Reyes is a tall, crisp striker. Takes and hits you from awkward good angles, throws good combinations, and has power and length. Also the man is young, in his physical prime. Reyes is just relatively unknown and doesn't have big names on his record.

Cormier is a short wrestler with decent power and striking. Nothing scary. Close to 10 years the senior of Jones. We learned very early in Jon's career that wrestlers were no match for him. What hyped their fights was the bad blood and their respective resumes.

Guess it all depends on how his defensive wrestling holds up.
Can't disagree more, Reyes is about as uninspiring a contender for Jones as there's ever been. Would love to be wrong and see a new LHW champ but can't say I have much faith in Reyes.

Reyes is so boring even if he wins it will be so anticlimactic that no one would care

Reyes is 30, Jones just turned 32. There isn’t a big age difference between the two and it’s not as though Jones has ever taken serious damage (other than injuring his foot). He’ll, Jones has shown himself to have an chin made of absolute granite. Reyes is in waaaaay over his head and it isn’t going to end well for him. He has a future in the division though; just not as champ until Jones decides he’s tired of wearing the crown.
Jones will lose tonight.

DC. Not to be a dick but knocking out Weidman does not make Reyes some Goliath. I predict Jones by choke or lackluster decision.

Agree! Reyes by TKO! Mark my words. I got money down!

Would you pick Reyes to beat DC if they ever fought?...I wouldn't..
Different match up. DC doesn't usually play (aside from Stipe 2) he would get in on Reyes slam him and work gnp. Jones is the favorite but I could see Reyes clipping him

DC, Jon was so nervous thats when he was saucin’ hard and partying to fight off anxiety.

Plus DC’s resume is retarded, Reyes could never beat that lineup in the way DC did.

Would you pick Reyes to beat DC if they ever fought?...I wouldn't..

Agreed and this is a perfect example of why styles make fights. Or, in this case, genetics as well. Lol.

I don't know if he's more of a threat, but I think he's going to win. Jones looks like he's on a clear decline now. So while DC may have been a bigger threat, I think Jones isn't as good as he was back then

I was 100% right. Jones has clealry declined and Reyes should have won but got completely fucking robbed of history.

DC never beat Jones. Reyes did. I don't think Reyes will beat him in the first rematch (maybe the 2nd), but I think he got it done tonight. ;)

Just saying DC is the better fighter between the two. Hence DC being the bigger threat to Jones..

You'll see after tonight..

Reyes is a fucking bum who is shook and will slept within 3 rounds. He's a can that is here to pad Jones' record and get him exposure on ESPN. The only guy who Jones can fight that is legit is Stipe.

Lol, no. Reyes is a can compared to Daniel. You only say this because Cormier fights are seen history.

Lol this is ridiculous he has no chance and this will be Jons easiest fight

Absolutely not, Dominick.
<36> oof

Wrong

Cormier:
- olympic wrestler, some believed he will be the one to wrestle Jones
- undefeated
- beat good HWs in Mir, Barnett, Bigfoot, Roy.
- good boxing

Reyes:
- can he handle Jones' wrestling? because Jones will try and wrestle him
- he barely handed Oezdemir, who is not champion material and is smaller than him
- he has KO power, but so did Rashad, Rampage, Smith, Santos, Vitor, Machida. Sure, they were not in their prime some of them, but still...

After that lousy fight vs Oezdemir, I can't see how he wins.

I only have seen one fight from him. The Volkan fight and he was awful in that fight. Lost the first 2 rounds IMO. Was backing up and not landing. I think Jones better come forward and grapple. Otherwise this is going to be a snooze fest. From what I saw Reyes is not going to attack. He wants Jones to come to him.
I'll admit I missed his fight with Oezdimir so my last impressions of Reyes were against Weidman and OSP. So I guess it's all perspective.

Back