Agree or Disagree: Reyes is more of a threat to Jones than Cormier was.

no. Reyes is big, but so was Anthony Smith. the problem with Reyes to me is that he's not that versatile and that he has a timestamp on how long his effectiveness will be. we saw evidence of this vs Volkan.

Jon Jones isn't stupid, he's studied up and he knows that Reyes has 2 and half rds of gas before his game begins deteriorating. Jones will just wait out that 2 and half rds by systematically wearing him down with oblique kicks, and frustrating him with eye poke threats and clinching.

Cormier on the other hand brought the fight to Jon every time and pressured Jon like no one ever has. not to mention his game was way more versatile and it doesn't deteriorate over time, and in fact can actually become stronger the longer the fight goes.

Wrong

Cormier:
- olympic wrestler, some believed he will be the one to wrestle Jones
- undefeated
- beat good HWs in Mir, Barnett, Bigfoot, Roy.
- good boxing

Reyes:
- can he handle Jones' wrestling? because Jones will try and wrestle him
- he barely handed Oezdemir, who is not champion material and is smaller than him
- he has KO power, but so did Rashad, Rampage, Smith, Santos, Vitor, Machida. Sure, they were not in their prime some of them, but still...

After that lousy fight vs Oezdemir, I can't see how he wins.

Would you pick Reyes to beat DC if they ever fought?...I wouldn't..
Right? I can ignore DC's physicality. I remember watching fight with my cousin and he said he'd destroy mighty mouse because he was 5'7'' 200 pounds
DC is one of the best HW's and Jones would be too. I doubt DC gets that much better getting fat and unhealthier. Lets be real DC doesn't have good discipline.

People shit on Weidman but he was winning every single fight he lost aside from.the moussasi fight. Reyes and mousassi were the only ones to completely own him. The way Reyes beat Chris showed me that he is absolutely legit.

Lets compare them:
Boxing - adv. Reyes
Kicking - adv. Reyes
Wrestling - adv. DC
Ground - adv. DC
chin - ?
KO power - adv. Reyes
fight IQ - ?
cardio - adv. DC (?)

Disagree.

I think DC was more well rounded.

Reyes is a tall, crisp striker. Takes and hits you from awkward good angles, throws good combinations, and has power and length. Also the man is young, in his physical prime. Reyes is just relatively unknown and doesn't have big names on his record.

Cormier is a short wrestler with decent power and striking. Nothing scary. Close to 10 years the senior of Jones. We learned very early in Jon's career that wrestlers were no match for him. What hyped their fights was the bad blood and their respective resumes.

Guess it all depends on how his defensive wrestling holds up.
Agree and disagree
The old dynamic Jones walks through Reyes any way he wants to. Jones today, I feel this is Dominick's fight to lose. Will he fight Jon or be neutralized like Smith was? After all if he chooses to keep fighting safe he risks being put in the position where 3 judges decide your fate, and in Jones last fight 1 judge took the belt off Jon. Maybe we will see the old Jon come in and finish Reyes quickly, we'll see.

Cormier initially had a skill we thought would be too developed for Jones to compete with and would give him a tricky time overcoming it, I don't see what Reyes has that Jones hasn't exceeded already. It feels like a bum of the month club fight not a title defence

Reyes is a fucking bum who is shook and will slept within 3 rounds. He's a can that is here to pad Jones' record and get him exposure on ESPN. The only guy who Jones can fight that is legit is Stipe.

I will say yes, Reyes is more of a threat because I suspect Jones' will have less PEDS in his system.

Let's see how good his ground game is .....

Reyes is a tall, crisp striker. Takes and hits you from awkward good angles, throws good combinations, and has power and length. Also the man is young, in his physical prime. Reyes is just relatively unknown and doesn't have big names on his record.

Cormier is a short wrestler with decent power and striking. Nothing scary. Close to 10 years the senior of Jones. We learned very early in Jon's career that wrestlers were no match for him. What hyped their fights was the bad blood and their respective resumes.

When all is said and done, DC will be remembered as one of the GOATs, while Reyes will end up being a flash in Jones' frying pan.

I don't agree

DC beat the heavyweight Champ after he lost twice to Jones

DC is very well rounded and had many ways to beat his opponents

DC would also beat Reyes by taking him down beating him up and choking him out

Reyes is a big guy yes but Jones has beaten everyone they put in front of him because he has th better fight IQ

What happens when Reyes doesn't get the Ko in the first round , he will start doubting himself and get out pointed and dominated by Jones

Nah

<36>

Reyes I don't if he's a bigger threat than DC. But Reyes has the higher punchers chance to win. While DC is more overall a grinder, he also has good power in his right hand.

In terms of finishing him yes, in terms of beating him no.

In these circumstances, yes.

The circumstances being Jones is older, can't juice as freely and DC is also old.

But if DC was younger and Jon wasn't juicing as much then I'd go with DC.

Reyes is 30, Jones just turned 32. There isn’t a big age difference between the two and it’s not as though Jones has ever taken serious damage (other than injuring his foot). He’ll, Jones has shown himself to have an chin made of absolute granite. Reyes is in waaaaay over his head and it isn’t going to end well for him. He has a future in the division though; just not as champ until Jones decides he’s tired of wearing the crown.

Well in retrospect Cormier wasn't much of a threat for Jones whie we don't know what Reyes brings yet, so in that sense... but as for how it was perceived coming into the fights, Cormier was seen as an enormous threat to Jones - most people thought Cormier was going to win.

Back