Agree or Disagree: Reyes is more of a threat to Jones than Cormier was.

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Reyes is a tall, crisp striker. Takes and hits you from awkward good angles, throws good combinations, and has power and length. Also the man is young, in his physical prime. Reyes is just relatively unknown and doesn't have big names on his record.

Cormier is a short wrestler with decent power and striking. Nothing scary. Close to 10 years the senior of Jones. We learned very early in Jon's career that wrestlers were no match for him. What hyped their fights was the bad blood and their respective resumes.

Guess it all depends on how his defensive wrestling holds up.

Agreed

Cormier is too short to pose any threat to Jones

Reyes is tall and a better boxer than both

Would you pick Reyes to beat DC if they ever fought?...I wouldn't..

That is a completely different question all together. I would not pick Stipe to beat him either but he pulled it off.

50/50 its hard to tell if he's a bigger threat. He' younger for sure, but Jones is something when he fights a guy with no TDD. Jones by tko on the ground easily.

Nope. Have you seen DCs record?

That is a completely different question all together. I would not pick Stipe to beat him either but he pulled it off.
Just saying DC is the better fighter between the two. Hence DC being the bigger threat to Jones..

You'll see after tonight..

Last edited:

In MMA Style makes fights. Match ups in MMA isn't as straight forward as some liner equation.

For example take Petits-RDA & Chiesa. RDA crushed Petits couldn't do anything against Chiesa while Petits obliterated Chiesa.

You can see the same stylistic aspect in match ups in other sports too,

For example take Football, Where Gegenpress beats Tiki-taka but useless against park the bus. While Tiki taka is the perfect style for breaking up a bus parking defense.,

Yeah bro, I think Stipe might just be on a different level than Reyes.

In MMA Style makes fights. Match ups in MMA isn't as straight forward as some liner equation.

For example take Petits-RDA & Chiesa. RDA crushed Petits couldn't do anything against Chiesa while Petits obliterated Chiesa.

You can see the same stylistic aspect in match ups in other sports too,

For example take Football, Where Gegenpress beats Tiki-taka but useless against park the bus. While Tiki taka is the perfect style for breaking up a bus parking defense.,

Agreed. That doesn't change the fact that I think DC is/was the bigger threat to Jon..

I think a lot of Jon haters are just hoping Reyes can pull it off. It happens every time Jon fights..

Reyes is a tall, crisp striker. Takes and hits you from awkward good angles, throws good combinations, and has power and length. Also the man is young, in his physical prime. Reyes is just relatively unknown and doesn't have big names on his record.

Cormier is a short wrestler with decent power and striking. Nothing scary. Close to 10 years the senior of Jones. We learned very early in Jon's career that wrestlers were no match for him. What hyped their fights was the bad blood and their respective resumes.

Guess it all depends on how his defensive wrestling holds up.
Agreed. Jones still beats his ass though Tbf.

DC's wrestling was thought to be a bigger threat. Of course a counter KO punch is always a threat, but we're comparing a good left side to arguably the best wrestler in MMA to date.

On paper DC was more dangerous but Reyes have that Garbrandt/Weidman vibe, he is a young, fresh and undefeated hungry lion against a guy that have been on top for ages.

Reyes size and striking might be a problem for JJ

Last edited:
Yes.

DC has not one punch KO power at 205 and Reyes does.

And nobody is outworking Jones except one legged Thiago Santos or prime Gus.

In these circumstances, yes.

The circumstances being Jones is older, can't juice as freely and DC is also old.

But if DC was younger and Jon wasn't juicing as much then I'd go with DC.

Back