Agree or Disagree? Jacare > Weidman for all time great @185 as of right now.

Agree! Jacare fought for every inch to get noticed to get on cards I can't even say if he's ever turned down a fight. Weidman had the great fortune of being coached by a guy who happens to be buds with Dana and catching a way too over confident Anderson Silva clowning for which he got put down, then freakishly getting him again. Where Chris had a bigger spotlight and easier opportunities to play Jacare did it quietly fighting all the dangers that Chris got to side step.

Jacare is the best fighter at 185 that didn't become a champ.

Jacare was Strikeforce middleweight champ, but even if talking only UFC...

hi-res-55c831153274a335d1870ff45cd241fb_crop_north.jpg

Though he would've been interim champ if he had made weight for the Rockhold fight.

Jacare was Strikeforce middleweight champ, but even if talking only UFC...

hi-res-55c831153274a335d1870ff45cd241fb_crop_north.jpg

Though he would've been interim champ if he had made weight for the Rockhold fight.

champions have losses too. Jacare was top 3 for a long time. Never got ts during his prime.

At first when Weidman won the belt and defended 3 times I thought he was the real deal. But then he proceeded to get his shit pushed in his next 5 out of 6 fights. Makes you wonder if he was ever really that good and just beat past prime legends.

They could be seen as equals. But I personally give Chris the slight edge. I think head to head on their primes, it would have looked a lot like his fight with Maia.

Explain .
Silva routinely fought with his hands down. Not only does it protect vs TDs, it also allows him to disguise his strikes and bait his opponents into over-extending. He's been doing it his entire career

Silva routinely fought with his hands down. Not only does it protect vs TDs, it also allows him to disguise his strikes and bait his opponents into over-extending. He's been doing it his entire career

Agree. Actually his set ups came from there for the most part, when he was forced to lead was pretty limited

Agree.

I think Weidman might be the better fighter from a technical standpoint. Him vs Mousasi is, in my opinion, the match up with highest level of all around tecnique we have seen in the MW division. It was a thing of beauty while it lasted.

I think Jacare was the better fighter though, because he was also very well rounded but had more power and durability.

Jacare beat more good fighters too, and KOed Weidman himself

He really only fought like that in the latter part of his career, and that was usually after he established his range and his opponent's timing.

Against Weidman he never established his range and he was being very extra. It dos appear as though Weidman would gas

Jacare is the best fighter at 185 that didn't become a champ. ufc screwed him too many times.
are people really still going with this narrative? lmao.

jacare lost EVERY SINGLE FIGHT that would have gotten him the titleshot had he won, EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Weidman's run was from beating aging legends of the previous gen. He's lost to almost every top fighter of his generation, including Jacare. 1-4 against them. Jacare has some depth on his record.

He really only fought like that in the latter part of his career, and that was usually after he established his range and his opponent's timing.

Against Weidman he never established his range and he was being very extra. It dos appear as though Weidman would gas

He always had that style, was never very comfortable on the lead, he just mastered at the end, and obviously can only work after reading the opponents timing/range.

Difference is Weidman had the footwork and boxing to make you pay and not allowing Silva to take one whole round just for "reading". Actually took him down in the first and had him in some bad positions, never allowed Silva to sit back and find his pace

This is a very , very weak troll attempt.
It's a solid point. Remember when jacare and romero were the top contenders and romero was just coming off the usada farce and had that ped stench following him around? Jacare was the obvious choice but they just kept giving him bs filler fights like Tim boetsch. So I gotta go with his point. Ufc just didn't like jacare for whatever reason. I doubt jacare fucked Dana White's wife or made a diss track about him. The only logical reason would be that he didn't look or sound the way he wanted him to. Think how lit bisping vs jacare would've been. This man is right.

are people really still going with this narrative? lmao.

jacare lost EVERY SINGLE FIGHT that would have gotten him the titleshot had he won, EVERY SINGLE ONE.

If he was American and marketable, he would have got the tittle shot earlier, especially after he finished Mousasi. Even before that, if an American posterboy would have KOed #3 ranked Okami in the 1st round, it would have got him a tittle shot.

Widman got it by KOing Munoz, who is a lesser opponent than Okami or Mousasi, actually lost to both

Look closely at their careers. Weidman's claim to fame is dethroning Silva and being UFC MW champ for a bit. Jacare has a better resume overall and has been competing for longer. He just never got the same opportunities as Weidman when it comes to the UFC, because he doesn't look or talk like Weidman.
I gotta play devil's advocate though. Unless beating Chris camozzi 100 times, yushin okamk or eternal gatekeeper gegard gets you a title shot, jacare didn't have top shelf wins did he? He beat post trt, post Weidman still dangerous but not quite there Vitor, lost to romero no shame but still an L. Had he beaten a 2016 1 2017 rockhold, a gastelum or some shit then I'd agree. But to be fair he never suffered the Weidman slump. That's an eternal shit stain on weidman's career. Weidman ruined silva, beat machida, Vitor and even past his prime was able to defeat gastelum. Those are better wins than any of jacare's ufc wins with fewer fights and less mma experience. So let's be fair about this.

I gotta play devil's advocate though. Unless beating Chris camozzi 100 times, yushin okamk or eternal gatekeeper gegard gets you a title shot, jacare didn't have top shelf wins did he? He beat post trt, post Weidman still dangerous but not quite there Vitor, lost to romero no shame but still an L. Had he beaten a 2016 1 2017 rockhold, a gastelum or some shit then I'd agree. But to be fair he never suffered the Weidman slump. That's an eternal shit stain on weidman's career. Weidman ruined silva, beat machida, Vitor and even past his prime was able to defeat gastelum. Those are better wins than any of jacare's ufc wins with fewer fights and less mma experience. So let's be fair about this.

Of course finishing top5 Okami and Mousasi when Jacare did would have got you a tittle shot in normal circunstamces.
Weidman got it by beating Munoz who is lesser competition than the aforementioned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back