Agree or Disagree? Jacare > Weidman for all time great @185 as of right now.

Of course finishing top5 Okami and Mousasi when Jacare did would have got you a tittle shot in normal circunstamces.
Weidman got it by beating Munoz who is lesser competition than the aforementioned
So you think he was being shafted?

So you think he was being shafted?

Not sure what shafted means, English is not my first language.
Call it as you wish
- Destroying the #3 ranked guy in the divisiom should get you a tittle shot, or at least a tittle eliminator, not a fight with a fringe top10 guy in Carmont who nobody wanted to fight for being unpopular and making for ugly fights, win or lose.
- Finishing Mousasi should no doubt get you a tittle shot, as it actually did for Machida, despite he won by points instead of sub, and with controversy.

Not even then Jacare got it. Clear as day. Even champ Bisping admitted Jacare was being "shafted"

Silva routinely fought with his hands down. Not only does it protect vs TDs, it also allows him to disguise his strikes and bait his opponents into over-extending. He's been doing it his entire career
Yeah but we're now talking about an Anderson Silva who was no spring chicken anymore AND TO CHRIS 'S CREDIT was able to be successful in the way he went about his stand up vs Anderson. Anderson 's counter game was reduced to point scoring with hard leg kicks. Maybe he was confident that itd be a matter of time before he was able to connect on Chris ...... and if he wasnt acting like an ass - who knows. I believe the " devil is in the details" in this one. He realised Chris wasnt going for TDs and was rather comfortable standing with him. I think this bothered him and then started acting up because of it. He was yelling at Chris between rounds to come and stand. ???? He was and he did.

A king has his reign and it ends. Andersom had one helluva a reign ( and, yes, in some of his fights he did showboat with hands down BUT it was against competition who was already intimidated by him or someone he was HEAVILY favored to beat. ).

Most consider Anderson the best 185er of all time and Chris was the one to end his reign. I cant take that away from him and even though Anderson was getting up there, it was still a very good version that weidman bested ( in fact Chris was like +200 on the line - or something close).I'm not trying to slight Chris.

Both very solid resumes, but I have Weidman here because he was champ and defended a few times. I can see strong arguments for Jacare since he actually beat Weidman, beat Mousasi (who beat Weidman) and also beat Romero on most scorecards (at least according to MMADecisions.com). Weidman being the champ, however, defending multiple times, and defeating Gastelum gives him the slight edge for me. Now that I type this out, it really does seem that maybe it is Jacare haha I don't know TS lol

Yeah but we're now talking about an Anderson Silva who was no spring chicken anymore AND TO CHRIS 'S CREDIT was able to be successful in the way he went about his stand up vs Anderson. Anderson 's counter game was reduced to point scoring with hard leg kicks. Maybe he was confident that itd be a matter of time before he was able to connect on Chris ...... and if he wasnt acting like an ass - who knows. I believe the " devil is in the details" in this one. He realised Chris wasnt going for TDs and was rather comfortable standing with him. I think this bothered him and then started acting up because of it. He was yelling at Chris between rounds to come and stand. ???? He was and he did.

A king has his reign and it ends. Andersom had one helluva a reign ( and, yes, in some of his fights he did showboat with hands down BUT it was against competition who was already intimidated by him or someone he was HEAVILY favored to beat. ).

Most consider Anderson the best 185er of all time and Chris was the one to end his reign. I cant take that away from him and even though Anderson was getting up there, it was still a very good version that weidman bested ( in fact Chris was like +200 on the line - or something close).I'm not trying to slight Chris.
Fair enough. I will just note that Weidman did rough him up on the ground in Rd 1 and it was after that when the taunting and baiting began

Jacare is pretty far above Weidman in an all-time MW ranking imo.

Beating a 40-year old past his prime Silva doesn't mean that much. As evident by Weidman's downfall.
Yes, it does mean much, Chris would always be a horrible stylistic matchup for Silva cause he’s a strong wrestler, with decent boxing and is mentally tough to not fall into tricks of Silva. Silva was 38 as well, which sounds better than 40.

Also Weidman’s downfall began after the Rockhold fight which I believe he was winning up until that retarded spinning shit that got him in a horrible position where he got pounded by Luke. He was doing great against Jacare and Yoel before he got KOed, this just means he has a bad chin but the fights were still competitive with top contenders. He finished Gas whom not many can.

Chris is top 3 GOAT MW imo.

No, that's stupid as fuck.

Weidman was the #1 MW in the world for years. Jacare has never been.

Yes, it does mean much, Chris would always be a horrible stylistic matchup for Silva cause he’s a strong wrestler, with decent boxing and is mentally tough to not fall into tricks of Silva. Silva was 38 as well, which sounds better than 40.

Also Weidman’s downfall began after the Rockhold fight which I believe he was winning up until that retarded spinning shit that got him in a horrible position where he got pounded by Luke. He was doing great against Jacare and Yoel before he got KOed, this just means he has a bad chin but the fights were still competitive with top contenders. He finished Gas whom not many can.

If he had not power or chin, or not as much as other top contenders, it does make him worse, man. Its the way it goes this game. From a technical standpoint, he mith be top 3 ever, but there is more than tecnique in fighting.

Weidman beat a almost 40-year-old Silva past-his-prime Silva who already had 10 title-defenses, a extensive and long career and broke multiple records.
You don't take the achievements of the guy you beat, not at all in fact. Weidman has arguably declined worse at 35 than Silva did who's now 44. People say Weidman is out of his prime now but refuse to admit Silva was out of his prime after a much longer, more accomplished and great streak and career and at age 39.

The Chris has a better claim to a higher overall rank because he captured and defended the UFC title. Jacare has a really good resume, is a great fighter, but falls short in accomplishments.

Look closely at their careers. Weidman's claim to fame is dethroning Silva and being UFC MW champ for a bit. Jacare has a better resume overall and has been competing for longer. He just never got the same opportunities as Weidman when it comes to the UFC, because he doesn't look or talk like Weidman.
All time goat???

Put the crack pipe down and start breathing get that fresh air in..

Theres already an all time 185 goat and those 2 are no where near him. Let alone in the same ocean

Jacare also loved sitting out and waiting then being upset when they took his title shots away

Is this even a real question? Weidman blasted through the UFC MW division, dethroned Anderson Silva and defended a couple of times. Jacare lost what were essentially title eliminators one after another, that's why never got the title shot.
Blasted through lmaoo, like before his 1st Anderson fight? If that's what you mean, than man, you are really trying your hardest to make weidman seem better than he is because that is so dumb

U smokin crack

Jacare has a better resume overall
Weidman - 7 ranked wins - 4 championship titles
#1 fighters defeated (1):
Silva
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Belfort
Machida
Silva
Munoz
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Gastelum
Maia

vs

Jacare - 6 ranked wins - 0 championship titles
#1 fighters defeated (0):
Top 5 fighters defeated (3):
Weidman
Belfort
Okami
Top 10 fighters defeated (3):
Brunson
Mousasi
Carmont

Cool story bro.

Last edited:
Jacares last fight left an awful taste in my mouth. Hope he comes back with to MW with a better game plan

Back