Agree or Disagree? Jacare > Weidman for all time great @185 as of right now.

It's not "the belt", it's dethroning Anderson Silva. But if you want to name common opponents, you have Rockhold and Yoel who they both lost to. Weidman beat Gastelum who beat Jacare. Jacare beat Mousasi who won a controversial fight against Weidman. The best case for Jacare and against Weidman is based on activity, Weidman doesn't fight that often.
First of all, Jacare is well older than Weidman and has been fighting longer.
He lost a VERY close fight to Luke. Weidman got destroyed by a staff infected Luke.

Weidman got destroyed by Yoel. Jacare was arguably robbed in that fight. Yoel had to grab the fence multiple times.

Nothing was controversial about Weidman's loss to Mousasi. He fuccin quit. Jacare wrecked Moose.

Gastelum is a good win for Weidman. But then Jacare knocked Weidman out so...

To me it looks like Weidman was in the right place the right time. He beat aging legends as they were clearly on the decline. Then he fought elite competition and got his ass kicked and handed to him. Repeatedly.

Jacare came to the UFC on a Strikeforce win streak and kept winning, only losing a decision to a monster named Yoel Romero. That would’ve earned him the title shot had Jacare won vs Romero.

Then he earned two first round finishes over Belfort and Boetsch before losing a title shot contender fight, again, to Whittaker who went on to win the belt.

And that’s basically the story of Jacare’s UFC career. Won some fights spectacularly, won some tough fights, lost some very tough fights.

As for who has had the better career... I don’t know. I guess Weidman’s star shined brighter, but then it came crashing down.

<Fedor23>

OF COURSE Jacaré is in front of Weidman. Who is Weidman, anyways?

Jacaré > 10 abysses > pile of crap > Weidman.

OF COURSE Jacaré is in front of Weidman. Who is Weidman, anyways?

Jacaré > 10 abysses > pile of crap > Weidman.
Your opinion can't be taken seriously as we ALL know why you really hate Weidman. Fuckin weirdo.

Look closely at their careers. Weidman's claim to fame is dethroning Silva and being UFC MW champ for a bit. Jacare has a better resume overall and has been competing for longer. He just never got the same opportunities as Weidman when it comes to the UFC, because he doesn't look or talk like Weidman.
at this point jacare has a better resume:
1. finishes vs mousasi, weidman, brunson,belfort
2. in my eyes souza was robbed vs gastelum and romero. He looked like a zombie vs gastelum at times but he connected far more strikes and clearly he got 2 and 3 rounds vs romero.

Look closely at their careers. Weidman's claim to fame is dethroning Silva and being UFC MW champ for a bit. Jacare has a better resume overall and has been competing for longer. He just never got the same opportunities as Weidman when it comes to the UFC, because he doesn't look or talk like Weidman.

Moose is Jacare's only good win in the UFC...…. Jeeze… They fucking fed him Camozzi twice to fluff his record. Still he has five losses in his last nine matches.

Wiedman ? His only good UFC win is over Lyoto (A great win by the way) But does not put him in the all time great conversation

Title wins and title defenses desperate the two

Jacare was a good fighter; only problem was he kept losing the most important fights.

Rockhold, Romero, Whittaker, and so on, those are all guys he would have had to fight had he held the belt, which means they'd've taken it from him anyways (which in Rockholds case in strikeforce he did).

Jacare came to the UFC on a Strikeforce win streak and kept winning, only losing a decision to a monster named Yoel Romero. That would’ve earned him the title shot had Jacare won vs Romero.
He should have gotten the nod in that fight imo

Weidman has had higher highs but lower lows. He also seems to have much more wear and tear despite fighting far less frequently. I don't think anyone can deny that he had the better opportunities earlier in his career to become a ufc star. To answer your question, I think Jacare has the much more impressive career overall and the better overall skill set. Jacare is betetr imo

@Franklin U. @NoBiasJustMMA @moreorless87 How do you weigh in on the subject.
My favorite anthem " timing and circumstances " was a big factor for Chris. I'm not trying to slight Chris, either.
Chris happen to be the one standing across cage when Anderson was ready to get ticket punched and didnt help matters by showboating in a fight where Anderson wasn't looking terrible before letting his hands down and acting the way he was. At the time , Chris understood his game plan, was good at it and led to a few title defenses which was understanding distance and keeping opponents at end of his punches. It became his bread and butter which, ironically, led to his undoing as UFC digested SFORCE and the plethora of talented middles which became the main part of their purchase. Chris also caught a freak break ( no pun) in re match with Silva , was an enormous favorite agsinst Vitor and his best win( imo) was Machida. This is a close debate . It's not like Bisping where when SFORCE middles came over, the pecking order buried Mike , imo, as a 185er. Chris , at the time, belonged with those names. I'll give Chris credit for the mere fact that he refused to fight nobody but the best after dropping title. The problem is - he made the decision and he paid the price . Longevity counts cause it goes hand in hand with fight IQ. He was unable to adapt / sustain after his title reign. He lost to Jacare ....a smaller and older version of Souza.

On paper - you look at the fact that Chris ended Anderson's reign( which I tried to explain ) and had 3 defenses and the less popular Souza ( who shouldve earned a shot A LONG time ago but didnt) has much less to show .... and youd think easy decision. I don't look at that way. Souzas record in other top promotions and in UFC is nothing to sneeze at. Chris became a name ( of course- after dethroning Anderson Silva) and all those talented Sforce middles were just getting their footing AT THE START of their UFC tenures.

Unlike Bisping, Chris was a legit champ but also had timing on his side the way everything went down. I can only answer this one way . Forget about their fight against each other for obvious reasons.
I'd still bet money on "prime" Souza over "prime" Chris in a tight and close fight ( much like their fight). Timing and circumstances as well as Chris getting that name/draw power and Jacare was one of the first to come over and his winning streak was ignored.

Dont get me wrong, Chris was a beast when it counted and owns a spot on the all time middles but so does Souza. I have no horse in this race but that's how I break it down as I've watched both entire careers.

Jacare is probably greatest "what if" in MW history. I think he probably would've had a good chance of dethroning Silva, but we'll never know. I do think the Machida that Weidman defended against would've been a tough fight for Jacare, just a bad style matchup

Overall I have to give the all-time ranking to Weidman over Jacare (if even by only one spot on the list), given Weidman's successful UFC title run. Weidman proved to be what I think Jacare might've been able to be. And prime vs prime I do think Weidman had the higher ceiling

Ya ill take Jacare, he shouldve got a shot a few times and head tp head he smashed him

Chris happen to be the one standing across cage when Anderson was ready to get ticket punched and didnt help matters by showboating in a fight where Anderson wasn't looking terrible before letting his hands down and acting the way he was.
I feel like people who say this are either unaware of or simply choose to ignore Andy's career

Back