after years of watching ufc

callofdutyNBA

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I feel as tho I can emulate fighters movements, footwork, and striking technique.

Now hear me out, you might think its a joke, but. I'm a big fight fan & have been watching boxing since 95 as a kid, then ufc around the time 2005 ish.

After watching thousands of fights, I find that my punching technique is really on point. The other day, I got in a scrap with this idiot at the basketball court after I fouled him from preventing a game winning layup, he thought I was trying to hurt him & made a dramatic scene, which I responded by saying "don't be soft pussy" (emotions are high during games)

So he came at me after trying to swing, immediately, my ufc instinct kicked in. It was all about survival mode since that kid had his fist up, and started swinging at me. I managed to avoid his first few strikes by head movement, but did get caught with one, not flush, but grazed because i rolled with the punch. After that, I fainted a lot to see how he reacted to my faint jabs, then i timed him, jabbed him, followed a overhand right. Boom, it was over !

If your somewhat athletic & practise techniques, you can do some serious damage.

Last edited:
I feel ya, been training martial arts for years (muay thai, judo and bjj), but stopped training about 8 years ago... definately became better the last 8 years just by watching hundreds of MMA fights...

Then again.. prepare to get flamed because Sherdog.

Agree 100%, I've been watching for a long time as well, and at this point I feel as if I can emulate the footwork of Shayna Bayzler, the power of Tecia Torres, and the sub skills of Kane Velaskes.

I feel as tho I can emulate fighters movements, footwork, and striking technique.

Now hear me out, you might think its a joke, but. I'm a big fight fan & have been watching boxing since 95 as a kid, then ufc around the time 2005 ish.

After watching thousands of fights, I find that my punching technique is really on point. The other day, I got in a scrap with this idiot at the basketball court after I fouled him from preventing a game winning layup, he thought I was trying to hurt him & made a dramatic scene, which I responded by saying "don't be soft pussy" (emotions are high during games)

So he came at me after I said trying to swing, immediately, my ufc instinct kicked in. It was all about survival mode since that kid had his fist up swinged at me. I managed to avoid his first few strikes by head movement, but did get caught wirh one, not flush, but grazed becaused i rolled with the punch. After that, I fainted a lot, jabbed him, floowed a overhand right. Boom, it was over !

If your somewhat athletic & practise techniques, you can do some serious damage.

So you touched him with the jab, and trane UFC?

without a doubt you will learn how to fight just by watching a fight. however you can't be taught how to react to things. anyway you hone the talents you learn in the gym, it's pretty simple.

Expect sherdogs to flame you because they are idiots. Observation is a huge learning tool and I agree with you. While you won't become a versed fighter just by watching you can certainly pick up a ton of nuances from just watching. It's kind of like learning a language. You can read/listen a ton and get a good clue but until you try speaking for yourself your tongue won't quite react the way you think it will.

without a doubt you will learn how to fight just by watching a fight. however you can't be taught how to react to things. anyway you hone the talents you learn in the gym, it's pretty simple.

True, I learned how to throw my hooks with more power, just by using more hips & legs.

2 problems...#1 is basketball...#2 your spelling of "practise" is spot on

Nice story bro. Need more dinosaurs.

tell it again

H2I8dZB.gif

True, I learned how to throw my hooks with more power, just by using more hips & legs.

Also a main thing we tend to forget since we watch so much mma... being familiar with the sport can help keep your cool during a fight... that can help a LOT.

Expect sherdogs to flame you because they are idiots. Observation is a huge learning tool and I agree with you. While you won't become a versed fighter just by watching you can certainly pick up a ton of nuances from just watching. It's kind of like learning a language. You can read/listen a ton and get a good clue but until you try speaking for yourself your tongue won't quite react the way you think it will.

Yeah man, you can pick up a lot by just watching high level guys go at it & you can emulate & drill those techniques.

Sure, you won't kick like Pettis or punch like vitor, but you can become lethal.

Back