after years of watching ufc

Nice.

Technique is a combination of understanding and implementation. Understanding you can get through observation or being instructed. Implementation is the part that takes time if you want to do it well.

It happens all the time in MA. You observe a technique and you understand it. You can perform it at a very basic level but with lots of technical errors. You correct your errors to improve the quality of your execution of the technique. You practice it over and over to establish muscle memory so that you can use the technique quickly without error.

Then you roll/spar a ton so that you can develop situational awareness so that you are able to recognize when to use the technique and when people are trying to defend the technique.

Obviously it's a bit more complicated than that, but that's kind of the gist.

So yes, it's perfectly conceivable that you could understand a technique from watching the UFC and then execute it on a person that is completely unprepared for the technique and unfamiliar with how to defend the technique. In spite of your lack of practice and the likely numerous errors in your execution, since you got the most critical fundamentals in place (like placement of the blade of your arm under their chin, the use of a grip to link your hands, and the use of your legs and/or body to create a fulcrum of leverage) the technique would still be effective enough to end the fight.

I wouldn't suggest using it against someone who has any level of training, but it will work on someone who has no idea what you're doing or how to defend against it.

The fattest country on earth?

am i getting warmer?

USA isn't the fattest country on Earth

You need to be more polite, like a good little Canadian :rolleyes:

my ufc traning regiment is half watching ufc and half listening to "the Champ". that way i am physically, visually, and adiologically prepared for anything.

and montages, montages are a big part of my ufc traning.

i have gotten beat up a few times--the other guy thought we were fighting, i made the mistake that we were gonna press conference and weight in first, then pow, right in the kisser. I recovered, said "pardon?" and landed a flurry to the solarplexus.

and thats why they call me the champ.

I work the heavy bag at my local boxing gym. Go there almost everyday for quick session. I have the key, I think most sherdoggers would be surprise by my hands. Even Roy Jones respects my hands

You do realize that by making this simple statement that your original argument holds no water? You said by simply watching.

Observation's important, but so is getting conditioned to being punched in the head.

Observation's important, but so is getting conditioned to being punched in the head.

It's better not to get punched in the head:)

I preffer perfectiong my evasion skills to trying to like to absorb punches:)

I call B.S. ! ! !

3377e7fdb441ae5608c7821a50905125.jpg

Are we really fighting about this??? Yes USA is fat, but also has best athletes...where y u from. I'm sure I can come up with something from your country.

not sure, but my guess would be that he's from a non-fat country. you tell him bro, tell those non-fat bastards!

my cousins who's 8 and much smaller than me I tried some UFC moves like head lock down to a rampage but much gentler slam, then to side control and he kept hitting me in the face and I didn't really know what to do, i couldn't just land some bows down so i would say its not working for me

Back