after watching McGregor vs Mendes & RDA vs Pettis, I really like RDA's chances

I really don't see the gap in stand up being so far that it's not competitive. McGregor took a lot more punches from Chad than I remember, and RDA was showing some smooth stand up and hard kicks. I was on the fence before, but I like RDA in this one.......of course McGregor has the power to render all the intangibles a moot point via separation of consciousness

It's funny how people love to go on about how McGregor is easy to hit as if it's a serious flaw in his game. He doesn't give a fuck because no-one he's faced has any punching power and can't hurt him. People always say the same thing about Nick Diaz, another guy who just doesn't give a fuck and walks through nothing punches to land his own. I'm sure you'd see Conor's evasive skills if he actually thought his opponents had any power in their punches.

RDA doesn't have much power in his punches anyway. Nate Diaz was slapping him trying to get him to hit harder. Nate was just bored at the end of the 3rd round because Rafael couldn't hurt him.

Pettis, who's a lousy boxer, tee'd off on Rafael on numerous occasions in their fight. Rafael is very hittable. Conor doesn't need many openings to do some serious damage with his hands.

Conor will dust him inside 2 rounds.

Pettis was massively over-rated anyway and Cerrone is weak as piss.

It's funny how people love to go on about how McGregor is easy to hit as if it's a serious flaw in his game. He doesn't give a fuck because no-one he's faced has any punching power and can't hurt him. People always say the same thing about Nick Diaz, another guy who just doesn't give a fuck and walks through nothing punches to land his own. I'm sure you'd see Conor's evasive skills if he actually thought his opponents had any power in their punches.

RDA doesn't have much power in his punches anyway. Nate Diaz was slapping him trying to get him to hit harder. Nate was just bored at the end of the 3rd round because Rafael couldn't hurt him.

Pettis, who's a lousy boxer, tee'd off on Rafael on numerous occasions in their fight. Rafael is very hittable. Conor doesn't need many openings to do some serious damage with his hands.

Conor will dust him inside 2 rounds.

Pettis was massively over-rated anyway and Cerrone is weak as piss.

So who is good in the LW division?

The other fighter didn't throw any leg kicks. I'm just saying RDA's leg kicks are strong as fuck. What you're saying is like if Conor happens to not land his left hand on RDA, I start saying after that his left hand can't change a fight.
Why didn't he? Because he got KTFO that's why.

First, conor was injured for that fight. Why this is never said, is beyond me. And chad is Far more dangerous on the feet than pettis. Especially with punches...And chad never once even stunned conor. not once. I can count the number of punches mendes landed on 1 hand. That's it...He landed a few wild, winging right hands, that only caught conor at the end of the punch...

Chad is far more dangerous on the feet than Pettis? What a fucking Joke this shitty post is. I practically root against pettis in all his fights but the guy is one of the best strikers at LW not to mention a better striker than Pettis. Lets also not forget that pettis is as big or even bigger than Connor, while Chad is much smaller and has a height and reach disadvantage.

I remember them saying that about another fighter Conor faced.

Yeah, but conor's leg is even more available for RDA with them both being southpaws. Who knows if it will matter though.

I remember them saying that about another fighter Conor faced.

So if Connor gets wrestlefucked and TKO'ed before he throws his left does that mean his left is shit now?

You just got bigpunched

The other fighter didn't throw any leg kicks. I'm just saying RDA's leg kicks are strong as fuck. What you're saying is like if Conor happens to not land his left hand on RDA, I start saying after that his left hand can't change a fight.

So much this. RDA needs to do what he did to pettis to Connor and he wins. I believe he can hang with Connor standing, he just needs to be more cautious with Connor's punches, like he was with Pettis' kicks and also grapple with Connor.

Yeah, but conor's leg is even more available for RDA with them both being southpaws. Who knows if it will matter though.
There's a lot of what ifs and what coulds ... I have no problem pointing them out. It's when you claim it WILL happen you go off the rails. we have no idea.

That wording/language connotes that the ratio is somewhat balanced. It is surely not. The overwhelming majority of RDA's takedowns come off of the cage. His wrestling is just not anywhere near solid in the absence of that crutch. This is why Conor is going to run through him, in my eyes.

I'm pretty sure he's just saying that RDA has the ability to do double legs in the open mat, which is a correct statement.

pPpVpm.gif

whether he can do that to conor or not remains to be seen.

So if Connor gets wrestlefucked and TKO'ed before he throws his left does that mean his left is shit now?
It means wrestling and not leg kicks were what mattered.

You just got bigpunched
Is that a way of saying you are lowering my IQ with stupid posts?

So much this. RDA needs to do what he did to pettis to Connor and he wins. I believe he can hang with Connor standing, he just needs to be more cautious with Connor's punches, like he was with Pettis' kicks and also grapple with Connor.
So you think a few leg kicks are going to change the whole fight for RDA?

yeah only Khabib is good at LW...... Too bad he keeps getting injured and is unable to PROVE it by being champion. Tell me it's only Khabib when he becomes champion, till them it's just your opinion as bad as it is.

It means wrestling and not leg kicks were what mattered.

Is that a way of saying you are lowering my IQ with stupid posts?

So you think a few leg kicks are going to change the whole fight for RDA?

That was just an example. So i'll do it again differently. How about if RDA KO's Connor with a head kick or TKO's him with a body kick without Connor throwing his left does that mean his left is shit?

You just got bigpunch'ed now.

Of course RDA has tools, the question is will he get the time to apply them and if he does could he apply them to Conor?

That is because you are not a careful analyst of the sport. Pettis isn't anything like Conor and RDA is nothing like Mendes.

Story of the heavies.

That was just an example. So i'll do it again differently. How about if RDA KO's Connor with a head kick or TKO's him with a body kick without Connor throwing his left does that mean his left is shit?

You just got bigpunch'ed now.
Does it mean Conor would have killed him with the left if only he got the chance?

See how stupid that is?

Also .. it means the leg kicks were not what won the fight, so if that happened I would win ... thanks.

agree, Pettis and Diaz were brutalised against RDA, PETTIS, who was basically the most feared striker I remember, and it's amazing how they both just managed to survive the full fight, RDA's different fighter now after Nurmagamedov loss, but I really wish McGregor victory, it would be amazing if Conor technique will take the RDA power

Last edited by a moderator:
His friend and confidant werdum will have a solid gameplan. Werdum has rose to the occasion a few times in his carrer

There's a lot of what ifs and what coulds ... I have no problem pointing them out. It's when you claim it WILL happen you go off the rails. we have no idea.
Even though I usually disagree with you, I agree here

On both extremes, I hate when someone says "this will happen"

Does it mean Conor would have killed him with the left if only he got the chance?

See how stupid that is?

Also .. it means the leg kicks were not what won the fight, so if that happened I would win ... thanks.

I'm not saying he will win if he lands them or that he will land them, I said they can change a fight. I was replying to the guy saying Conor didn't check the leg kicks Poirier threw and based on the Nate Diaz fight, If it were RDA instead of Poirier he would just need a few to make a lot of damage.

We already saw many times that leg kicks can be very effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loverich
Back