after watching McGregor vs Mendes & RDA vs Pettis, I really like RDA's chances

Did you 'just rewatched' the fights though ?

If so then I'll take you seriously
Unless you sending me money, you don't have to take me seriously, but I just "rewatched" them both back 2 back.......fights have a tendency to seem different after a few months with less big fight emotions attached

It's gonna be a good ass fight, is what we're all saying lol. War FRANKENSTEIN!!! disclaimer for the picky motherfuckers (yea yea I know he's fucking Frankenstein's monster not Frankenstein himself) y'all know who y'all are!!:D:p

I really don't see the gap in stand up being so far that it's not competitive. McGregor took a lot more punches from Chad than I remember, and RDA was showing some smooth stand up and hard kicks. I was on the fence before, but I like RDA in this one.......of course McGregor has the power to render all the intangibles a moot point via separation of consciousness

First, conor was injured for that fight. Why this is never said, is beyond me. And chad is Far more dangerous on the feet than pettis. Especially with punches...And chad never once even stunned conor. not once. I can count the number of punches mendes landed on 1 hand. That's it...He landed a few wild, winging right hands, that only caught conor at the end of the punch...

Some guys here say RDA won't get the takedown because he can only get takedowns close to the cage(he takes Nate Diaz down without using the cage though) and Conor is lethal on the back foot but then I watch Conor vs Brandão

Brandão threw some wild shit and made Conor go back a little bit then shot for a (slow) double, got in a clinch situation and was able to put Conor's back against the cage!

Why was Brandão able to do this? Can someone explain to me why RDA can't do something similar?

Brandao was only able to keep conor against the cage for a very very short time. Hence, it being a 1st round KO.

RDA isnt half the wrestler Chad is, and to my knowledge, Conor isnt injured in this camp.

First, conor was injured for that fight. Why this is never said, is beyond me. And chad is Far more dangerous on the feet than pettis. Especially with punches...And chad never once even stunned conor. not once. I can count the number of punches mendes landed on 1 hand. That's it...He landed a few wild, winging right hands, that only caught conor at the end of the punch...

Did you just say that Chad is the more dangerous striker than Pettis?

Some guys here say RDA won't get the takedown because he can only get takedowns close to the cage(he takes Nate Diaz down without using the cage though) and Conor is lethal on the back foot but then I watch Conor vs Brandão

Brandão threw some wild shit and made Conor go back a little bit then shot for a (slow) double, got in a clinch situation and was able to put Conor's back against the cage!

Why was Brandão able to do this? Can someone explain to me why RDA can't do something similar?

Conor is only 27 years old. People forget that. He was 25 in that fight. The dude is JUST hitting his physical prime. He is gonna keep getting better.

Pettis and Conor are not the same, conors mental strength is way higher the totem pole.

Whats this common misconception among McGregor fanboys that you have to be Mendes or have Mendes level wrestling to take him down? He's been taken down before by lesser wrestlers. RDA has enough grappling ability to take McGregor down. Not that he has to, but it will improve his chances. He will land some brutal shots on Conor standing let alone on the ground, mark my words.

THis is pretty much bullshit and posters just repeating each other without watching fights, regarding RDA and his takedowns. He has landed plenty of takedowns in the open and away from the cage.

That is simply not the case. RDA's wrestling is almost entirely cage dependent. Even then, he secures less than 50% of his attempts.

Conor's striking is completely overrated. He has BIG power and he's accurate but his defense is average. He gets hit a lot and he never checked a single leg kick that Piorier threw. He's pretty much a Chuck Liddell 2.0 where he is willing to take one to land one because he feels he can take their power but they can't take his. That will catch up to him eventually. If he eats ANY shot from RDA on the feet that RDA landed on Pettis, he's gonna be on full defensive mode. And it's at that point he will be taken down and dominated.

Conor has to get the KO early to win. The longer this fight goes, the less chance he has to win.

Calling mcgregors striking completely overrated is the most retarded shit ive ever heard. Rofl. Let them tears roll though, delusional twat.

McGregor has NOTHING off his back. He only got up from that last Mendes TD because Chad was gassed and couldn't hold the position on his choke attempt.

I am REALLY torn on this fight.

I had the opportunity to re-watch a number of McGregor and RDA fights yesterday, and frankly couldn't have been more impressed with both men. It is incredible how much both of them have improved in the past few years as well.

Conor's athleticism is well ahead of the curve, and his timing and power are really uncanny. His ability to land clean, powerful punches from numerous positions is incredible. He is effective attacking and countering, and his durability looks to be top notch. And his most impressive attribute might just be his confidence. He might not be as good as he says he is, but I really think he believes most of what he says in that regard. McGregor looked a little sloppy at times early in his career against lower competition, but I don't think those performances outside the UFC are particularly relevant.

RDA has become a beast as well, and is as legitimate a champ as we could hope for. I have a ton of respect for his commitment to the sport. I love the way he gets the absolute most out of his abilities; he reminds me of GSP in that regard. The man has become so well rounded, and he has the ability to win fights virtually anywhere. Speed, power, pace, cardio, focus, wrestling, JJ, GNP, fight IQ...he really has put it all together. Something that really impresses me about RDA is the combination of accuracy and power he has developed in his striking. IMO the reputation he has with some people as being "wild" with his MT is largely unfounded. He puts together hellacious combinations with his kicks and punches, and is accurate from all kinds of angles. It looks like his opponents are constantly guessing where his punches are going to land; hooks to the body and head come from similar angles with nasty power. RDA isn't necessarily a defensive wizard, but he does posses solid head movement, and he usually does a good job of covering up after his kicks to avoid the counter.

The only result that will shock me in this fight is a submission by McGregor. IMO, everything else is in play. If the fight makes it out of the first round, I really think we will have seen a little bit of everything these guys have to offer. I think both men's chins will be tested, and I think RDA will eventually get McGegor to the mat. Put a gun to my head, and I would probably go with RDA because I think he has a few more ways to win, and I think his camp will have put together a solid game plan and RDA should have the experience and mentality to execute it.

As a fan, I am just hoping for a competitive fight, and this match up has all the makings of a classic IMO. It has been a while since I have been as intrigued and torn coming into a fight. Let's hope both men are healthy and prepared.

Wasn't Conor injured in that fight? Or was that just talk. Real question.

For 1.5 round he wasn't injured and he didn't come close to finishing Holloway. Holloway is just that good. If not for shady match-making, he could already fight for the title.

Conor is only 27 years old. People forget that. He was 25 in that fight. The dude is JUST hitting his physical prime. He is gonna keep getting better.
Actually physical prime for a male is around 23-25.

Say whatever you want but you haven't trained a day in your life. I've been in boxing and kickboxing since I was 15. Conor has holes in his striking and he gets tagged frequently because of it. His offense is elite, but his defense is average And he never checked a single kick that's ever been thrown his way. He's not gonna be able to get away with that forever. He's nothing more than a young Chuck Liddell 2.0 without the sick takedown defense and Cal Poly Division 1 Wrestling background.

By the way kid, why do you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Conor fans get so upset when someone critisizes your hero? Clear sign that you have a pussy between your legs. You mad?
dude you are talking bullshit from another planet. You know nothing about fighting, and if u have been training for that long you have zero talent, lol.

And btw, i bet im waay more skilled than you in most areas of mma and a better athlete, so shut the fuck up with that bullshit. Show me a video of what u got, then we'll talk.. i got plenty.

Conor has AWESOME striking, he has extremely fluid movement with top notch boxing, and very good and precise kicks TKD style. His defense isnt average, he is just a OFFENSIVE fighter that presses the action constantly.. He isnt afraid to get hit to get in a shot, because when he connects - ITS OVER. Thats how you have to fight with that style.

But CLEARLY you are to stupid to understand this.. Conor could easily play it safe and counter-strike instead of running his opponent down, then he would be hit ALOT less..

Educate urself little boy.. And dont speak to me like a tough guy, when your clearly a little beta male. Clueless punk.

My man, did you really say that Chad is far more dangerous standing than Pettis?....lol. come on bruh. Your humor aside, stunned or not, he was getting tagged often by the shorter man, and everyone at this level fights with injuries......let's not forget the 10 day notice for Chad

Back