after watching McGregor vs Mendes & RDA vs Pettis, I really like RDA's chances

it is what it is

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I really don't see the gap in stand up being so far that it's not competitive. McGregor took a lot more punches from Chad than I remember, and RDA was showing some smooth stand up and hard kicks. I was on the fence before, but I like RDA in this one.......of course McGregor has the power to render all the intangibles a moot point via separation of consciousness

If RDA follows the Mendes gameplan then he wins.

If RDA stands with Conor, he's going to sleep.

Did you 'just rewatched' the fights though ?

If so then I'll take you seriously

Some guys here say RDA won't get the takedown because he can only get takedowns close to the cage(he takes Nate Diaz down without using the cage though) and Conor is lethal on the back foot but then I watch Conor vs Brandão

Brandão threw some wild shit and made Conor go back a little bit then shot for a (slow) double, got in a clinch situation and was able to put Conor's back against the cage!

Why was Brandão able to do this? Can someone explain to me why RDA can't do something similar?

Conor's striking is completely overrated. He has BIG power and he's accurate but his defense is average. He gets hit a lot and he never checked a single leg kick that Piorier threw. He's pretty much a Chuck Liddell 2.0 where he is willing to take one to land one because he feels he can take their power but they can't take his. That will catch up to him eventually. If he eats ANY shot from RDA on the feet that RDA landed on Pettis, he's gonna be on full defensive mode. And it's at that point he will be taken down and dominated.

Conor has to get the KO early to win. The longer this fight goes, the less chance he has to win.

RDA just needs a few leg kicks to change everything.

If RDA is able to smother McG and drag this to the ground, he will absolutely victimize him.

That is for sure RDA's path of victory. However, if Conor gets in the guy's head, as he has before, RDA may forget that he's an ace grappler, and just try and take McGregor's head off.
Nobody so far has been able to take the left hand though, and 25 minutes is a long time.
RDA looks like a beast right now, but I think it's equally likely he tries to get in a striking match for his ego, and gets put out.

The bodykicks in the first were scary, Pettis is a beast for taking them without flinching. I wanna see Conor react to those.

That is because you are not a careful analyst of the sport. Pettis isn't anything like Conor and RDA is nothing like Mendes.

Conor's striking is completely overrated. He has BIG power and he's accurate but his defense is average. He gets hit a lot and he never checked a single leg kick that Piorier threw. He's pretty much a Chuck Liddell 2.0 where he is willing to take one to land one because he feels he can take their power but they can't take his. That will catch up to him eventually. If he eats ANY shot from RDA on the feet that RDA landed on Pettis, he's gonna be on full defensive mode. And it's at that point he will be taken down and dominated.

Conor has to get the KO early to win. The longer this fight goes, the less chance he has to win.

I agree that he's Liddell 2.0 in many ways. At one point Liddell was riding a huge win streak during which he knocked out every opponent and only one of them got out of the third round. And then Rampage blasted him in 2 minutes.

That is for sure RDA's path of victory. However, if Conor gets in the guy's head, as he has before, RDA may forget that he's an ace grappler, and just try and take McGregor's head off.
Nobody so far has been able to take the left hand though, and 25 minutes is a long time.
RDA looks like a beast right now, but I think it's equally likely he tries to get in a striking match for his ego, and gets put out.

Max Holloway.

Some guys here say RDA won't get the takedown because he can only get takedowns close to the cage(he takes Nate Diaz down without using the cage though) and Conor is lethal on the back foot but then I watch Conor vs Brandão

Brandão threw some wild shit and made Conor go back a little bit then shot for a (slow) double, got in a clinch situation and was able to put Conor's back against the cage!

Why was Brandão able to do this? Can someone explain to me why RDA can't do something similar?

Because Conor ko'd aldo in 13 seconds so none of his previous fights matter and Conor will ko all his opponents just by touching them with his left hand and everybodys heads coming clean off!

Man,RDA is such a monster in the Pettis fight,it's scary.

THis is pretty much bullshit and posters just repeating each other without watching fights, regarding RDA and his takedowns. He has landed plenty of takedowns in the open and away from the cage.

THis is pretty much bullshit and posters just repeating each other without watching fights, regarding RDA and his takedowns. He has landed plenty of takedowns in the open and away from the cage.

The first takedown he hits on Pettis they're close to the cage but he doesn't even use it, Pettis' back hits the cage but he was already falling

If you're like me and you're pretty mutual and down the middle, you are seeing the same things I'm seeing.

RDA via TKO 3rd Round from strikes on the ground, full mount against the cage.
I really am judging from a neutral standpoint, like you are. I might like RDA more, but I'm making my judgements based on what I viewed in these fights.

Back