After Nate wins, where does this leave Connor?

In a parallel universe obviously, cause that's the only way Nate is going to win.

I disagree. Nate comes out of mediocrity having been practicality obscure at this point. The fight makes zero sense. It offers no upside but for Nate to come out of obscurity.

McGregor should have told everyone to go F themselves. This fight makes no sense. RDA should have stated he wants no part of a McGregor fight in the first place.

it all makes perfect sense to the guys fighting. they're getting paid a LOT of dough

Pointless discussion. Diaz will be in fetal position by middle/late third round. Ref will stop on TKO. It will be good for Conor prep for RDA.

1. There is NO Connor fighting Nate Diaz - There is however a Conor McGregor

2. This is where it leaves Conor

giphy.gif

Nate Diaz is going beat the shit out of him. Mark my words.

This fight is a stand up fight. Period no debates right? So with that said how does McGregor out box Diaz on the feet?

Diaz is going to be tagging his ass. Over and over and stalking him around the ring. If it goes to the ground Nate will submit him.

This is a horrible match up for McGregor and really thinking about it short camp or not he has to be praised for taking this fight. He beats Diaz and I will be truly impressed. This is a bad fight for him.

I disagree. Even Jones turned down a two week card.

No upside for McGregor and I think fighters should start getting dinged for magical injuries two weeks before a fight. How fucking convenient. I would never pay for a live event until it's the day of. The fans get fucked out if super fights time and time again.
you're right that if you are buying a ticket for RDA/Mac, and end up with Mac/Diaz... it would be disappointing.

Just my take on the fight. Sheepdog doesn't agree with me but I believe to Nate to be in shape and a superior striker. Although Canner has "spinning shit" I think his impeccable timing and accuracy will be taken away from him by Nate's pitter patter. This will lead to the ground and there Connie is threading water with a great white.

Please do not say shit like that, it gives me a chubby.

The UFC will still make the Conor RDA title fight. Insert bullshit Dana reasoning. Something like its the fight the fans wanted to see. Loss at WW doesn't count blah blah blah.

God, I am about to go rub the skin off of my penis and think about exactly this scenario. The correct answer is immediate rematch at 155lb.

Watch how fast Conor fans around here run after Nate touches his face 100 times per round.

I disagree. Even Jones turned down a two week card.

No upside for McGregor and I think fighters should start getting dinged for magical injuries two weeks before a fight. How fucking convenient. I would never pay for a live event until it's the day of. The fans get fucked out if super fights time and time again.

At least in Nevada if main event changes the NAC requires promoters to offer refunds. I submitted my refund and it was processed. But yes I was really pissed off with the replacement choice.

I'm not one of those to count Nate out entirely, but he is coming in with absolutely no fight camp, and he's been hit or miss in the past.

That said, assuming Nate DOES beat Conor:
Option 1) Conor goes back to FW. Defend the belt. Easy call is that Frankie gets the next fight with him.

Option 2) If Conor is done with the FW weight cut, he can try to stay at LW. Declare that he wants to take a run at the LW division now, and that he just needs to make some adjustments to adapt to LW or whatever. It's not a tough sell, but it won't make sense for him to get an immediate fight with RDA. More likely he rematches Nate, maybe gets another 10 Top LW tuneup fight before another crack at an RDA fight.

Conor will be a Leprechaun loser with a pot-o-gold, so he'll be fine.

I dont see how they can cancel the RDA fight it's already been contracted. Plus master marketeer Dana will sell it - he always does.

At least in Nevada if main event changes the NAC requires promoters to offer refunds. I submitted my refund and it was processed. But yes I was really pissed off with the replacement choice.

I like the Diaz bros but I wish RDA just said he wants no part of McGregor or an M BOMB followed by staring up at the ceiling instead of the "stubbed toe" excuse magically 2 weeks before the super fight. Amateur hour replacement. I hope everyone boycotts the event.

I dont see how they can cancel the RDA fight it's already been contracted. Plus master marketeer Dana will sell it - he always does.

It sounds fishy weeks before not a month or two but weeks (2) before the event. I would rather the honesty of saying he doesn't want any part of McGregor or getting KTFO like Aldo in 13secs too.

you're right that if you are buying a ticket for RDA/Mac, and end up with Mac/Diaz... it would be disappointing.

A buddy saw Pacman vs Money but he bought tickets once it was good to go. A replacement of that fight with something bush league is hard to swallow.

it all makes perfect sense to the guys fighting. they're getting paid a LOT of dough

We the fans get fucked out of super fights and replaced with amateur hour time and time again. I won't do ppvs until they give us what they want. Also with the Android box, I fail to see the purpose anymore.

We could have been watching gsp vs Silva vs bones but we got leites or other non interest matches. The whole thing seems fishy.

RDA with a stubbed toe injury. What?

Back