After Nate wins, where does this leave Connor?

The beautiful thing about this fight happening at 170, is that even if Conor loses, they can still do the super-fight between Conor and RDA. If Conor lost to Nate at 155, the super-fight would obviously lose its meaning, and Nate should be in the discussion of getting a title shot.

That is, if Conor loses. If he wins, things get really easy and straight-forward for the match-makers.

Nate is ranked at LW, Conor losing to him takes away his chances at RDA for some long time, Nate wasnt even in the LW top 5 until this fight where they moved him up in records for some shady reason.

Just my take on the fight. Sheepdog doesn't agree with me but I believe to Nate to be in shape and a superior striker. Although Canner has "spinning shit" I think his impeccable timing and accuracy will be taken away from him by Nate's pitter patter. This will lead to the ground and there Connie is threading water with a great white.
I want to believe as a big fan of Nate but I fear his best days are behind him.

I don't see Conor being that much better on the feet and Diaz is much better on the ground.

It leaves him with no fanboys on sherdog that following day because they will all be hiding, accountless, and looking for a new man crush to nut hug.

Connor Rhonda and Holms will retire with their millions,obvs

T'S is buzzing away at his computer. Win or lose McGregor already won. The dude is getting that gwap. I like Nate but he is b level at best.

IF conor loses, i think his only logical step is to defend his 145 title at ufc 200 against edgar.

I'm more excited about this fight than RDA to be honest. The UFC really needs to stop killing great fights though.

As far as your question, in my opinion probably in the same spot he was before Nate. Maybe he'll drop back to 145 and defend the belt there.

Not really expecting too much out of Diaz though (want him to win but..). Hope its a good scrap for around or 2.

1). Not sure Nate wins.

2). IF Nate were to win it wouldn't matter in my opinion. McGregor's two losses did nothing to stop his meteoric rise to fame. Also, despite what many say, he took punishment at the hands of Mendes with no ill effect.

McGregor is a great showman and, in general, people have always identified with a good Horatio Alger (look it up) story. If he loses his people (and there are a lot of them) will rally and CM will turn it into something positive.

In a way, I hope Nate wins because people need to see (as they can't seem to reason it out themselves) that everyone is fallible. Also, a success for Nate would be good for the overall narrative.

LMAO, how does he get a Lightweight title shot after losing to Nate Diaz? Are you serious? How is the UFC going to book that fight with a straight face? What a joke.

Bottom line, RDA either over trained or trained poorly. Magic injury weeks away from the mega fight and fans get screwed.

Bones turned down a two week notice. McGregor did not but it's a bad decision with little upside.

LMAO, how does he get a Lightweight title shot after losing to Nate Diaz? Are you serious? How is the UFC going to book that fight with a straight face? What a joke.

although i agree with you, this conor phenomenon is like no other phenomenon we've seen in the ufc. i really could see dana giving him a title shot against rda after a loss to diaz, cuz dana jacks his dong at night over conor. i could see dana saying "we're fucking giving fucking conor a fucking fight against dos anjos. this is a fight the champ dos anjos fucking asked for and he's the fucking champ so we're going to give the champ what he wants." would it be ridiculous? of course, but i wouldn't put it past dana.

I think Conor is again showing how smart he is. Who is going to fault him for losing a 170lbs fight. Win Win rake in the green

I disagree. Even Jones turned down a two week card.

No upside for McGregor and I think fighters should start getting dinged for magical injuries two weeks before a fight. How fucking convenient. I would never pay for a live event until it's the day of. The fans get fucked out if super fights time and time again.

In a parallel universe obviously, cause that's the only way Nate is going to win.

I could see Conor in a triangle while getting flipped the double bird.

Connor will get stockton slapped, end up on the ground and then submitted. But where does this leave him? Is the RDA fight then off? Obviously. Back to 145 to fight midgets like Frankie?

I like Nate but he is a gatekeeper at best. He is runner up in a stacked division and a fraction of the fighter his brother is.

Sonnen and Nick both got undeserved title shots.

Back