After Nate wins, where does this leave Connor?

Idk man, I just hope that Nate hasn't already had "a lot of nice shit" so that his dopeass submission doesn't get turned into a NC.

Connor will get stockton slapped, end up on the ground and then submitted. But where does this leave him? Is the RDA fight then off? Obviously. Back to 145 to fight midgets like Frankie?

Who is "connor"?

I think Conor is again showing how smart he is. Who is going to fault him for losing a 170lbs fight. Win Win rake in the green

LOL holy shit you guys are nuts. Neither Conor or Nate fights at 170 pounds, neither are welter weights, this is a catch weight at 170 pounds because Nate doesn't have time to make the last second cut down to 155 where he fucking fights. This is 2 155 pound fighters.....

Do you guys actually believe the bullshit you spew all over these boards every day? LOL at Conor losing a Welter fight.....when both he and Nate are 155'ers.

Just my take on the fight. Sheepdog doesn't agree with me but I believe to Nate to be in shape and a superior striker. Although Canner has "spinning shit" I think his impeccable timing and accuracy will be taken away from him by Nate's pitter patter. This will lead to the ground and there Connie is threading water with a great white.

Nate is slow, doesn't hit hard enough to keep conor off. conor will be all over nate. hitting him non stop with either kicks or punches or both. Nate won't have much room to do much of anything. This fight will be stopped within 2 minutes.

I think Conor is again showing how smart he is. Who is going to fault him for losing a 170lbs fight. Win Win rake in the green

What ??? A 170 lbs fight ?

It doesn't matter what weight this fight goes at. Nate is the number 5 LW. Losing to the number 5 LW puts an end to pretty much all talk of 2, or 3 division belts. At least for now. The only logical fight if Conor loses is defending at FW. If he won that, only then can the multiple belt nonsense begin again.

Losing to the number 5 LW would have to be considered one of the biggest fails in UFC history, imo.

Defend the 145 pound belts against Frankie and probably either Aldo or Holloway. He loses to Nate and he doesn't get a shot at immediate RDA.

The beautiful thing about this fight happening at 170, is that even if Conor loses, they can still do the super-fight between Conor and RDA. If Conor lost to Nate at 155, the super-fight would obviously lose its meaning, and Nate should be in the discussion of getting a title shot.

That is, if Conor loses. If he wins, things get really easy and straight-forward for the match-makers.

What ??? A 170 lbs fight ?

It doesn't matter what weight this fight goes at. Nate is the number 5 LW. Losing to the number 5 LW puts an end to pretty much all talk of 2, or 3 division belts. At least for now. The only logical fight if Conor loses is defending at FW. If he won that, only then can the multiple belt nonsense begin again.

Losing to the number 5 LW would have to be considered one of the biggest fails in UFC history, imo.

There is way too much focus on only taking fights you can win in my opinion. This saves the event and Nate and everyone makes a good payday in what should be a fun fight.

Connor will get stockton slapped, end up on the ground and then submitted. But where does this leave him? Is the RDA fight then off? Obviously. Back to 145 to fight midgets like Frankie?

Aldo or mendes couldn't beat conor, yet somehow, nate is going to??!!

There is way too much focus on only taking fights you can win in my opinion. This saves the event and Nate and everyone makes a good payday in what should be a fun fight.
Agreed. But the UFC is a fickle world where Anderson Silva, Ronda, and even Jose Aldo are now cans.

LMAO, how does he get a Lightweight title shot after losing to Nate Diaz? Are you serious? How is the UFC going to book that fight with a straight face? What a joke.

They've done worse.

LMAO, how does he get a Lightweight title shot after losing to Nate Diaz? Are you serious? How is the UFC going to book that fight with a straight face? What a joke.

He gets everything else he asks for. He has the arrogance and the following to push it through.

If Conor loses then we get to see how 'next-level' his self-promotion skills really are.

Either he goes on a big enough tirade and talks enough convincing shit to STILL drum up interest in a fight with RDA, he stays at LW or cuts back down to FW. If his next fight isn't against RDA I'd say the dream of being multi-division champion is over, at least for the foreseeable future. He has to pick a division and stick to it.

Just my take on the fight. Sheepdog doesn't agree with me but I believe to Nate to be in shape and a superior striker. Although Canner has "spinning shit" I think his impeccable timing and accuracy will be taken away from him by Nate's pitter patter. This will lead to the ground and there Connie is threading water with a great white.

Brando was landing kicks and punches in bunches when he fought McGregor, but Conor was stronger and bigger and it did not work out for Diego. Nate has that range and if Conor is getting his with 4-6 for every 1 he lands it might be a bad night for Conor.

Back