• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

After Jailton Almeida little brothers Curtis Blaydes will you still have hate in your heart or praise his name?

Bad match up for Jailton. Blaydes has the wrestling chops, size, and strength to nullify Jailton's style of offense. Outside of an early submission out of a scramble, he has few ways to win the fight.

I feel like Blaydes' wrestling is overrated. It is not special in any way. There are simply too many HWs without any wrestling.

This is one of those fights were 1 guy will beat almost everyone except for this 1 other guy and this 1 other guy will lose to a 3rd of the roster

I'm down with Almeida, anyway. As far as HWs go, he kinda a throwback, to me.

Considering he wasn't able to do much to Lewis on the ground I would be surprised. Curtis is a much better wrestler. I'm intrigued to see how Almeida does if he's put on his back.

honest question and it sounds funny asking it, but does Blaydes even have the gas tank that Lewis has? He sure don't have the striking. For sure college wrestlers dominate white belts and blue belts, and NCAA d1 guys might be able to hang with purples and non competitive browns, but its like 2 different sports man. And i belive Almeida is a LEGIT competitive HEAVYWEIGHT BB.

I would assume Blaydes has the TDD as good as BB, but not necessarily better.

Starting to feel "Muscly" has more of a chance.

honest question and it sounds funny asking it, but does Blaydes even have the gas tank that Lewis has? He sure don't have the striking. For sure college wrestlers dominate white belts and blue belts, and NCAA d1 guys might be able to hang with purples and non competitive browns, but its like 2 different sports man. And i belive Almeida is a LEGIT competitive HEAVYWEIGHT BB.

He's went 5 rounds before with Volkov and took him down 14 times. His cardio should be ok for a 3 round fight.

How does Blaydes not have the striking BB has? He was outstriking him easily lol. It was like 28-8 on strikes and Blaydes had him hurt multiple times.

Lewis only KOd him because for some reason Blaydes decided to start going for naked takedowns in the 2nd. He was way better on the feet. Lewis landed 7 strikes lol and 2 of those were when Blaydes was out cold on the ground.

And if Blaydes doesn't have better TDD than Lewis, then he should just retire now.

How does Blaydes not have the striking BB has? He was outstriking him easily lol. It was like 28-8 on strikes and Blaydes had him hurt multiple times.

Lewis only KOd him because for some reason Blaydes decided to start going for naked takedowns in the 2nd. He was way better on the feet. Lewis landed 7 strikes lol and 2 of those were when Blaydes was out cold on the ground.

And if Blaydes doesn't have better TDD than Lewis, then he should just retire now.

I think a huge factor in this fight might just be speed. Almeida is just a lot faster than these guys. You can have great TDD all you want, but if your opponent is significantly faster than you, it won't matter much.

Saw a little nugget earlier that Almeida weighed in at 261, holy shit balls.

After Jailton Almeida little brothers Curtis Blaydes will you still have hate in your heart or praise his name?​

Jailtime has two little brothers called Curtis and Blaydes?

Almeida is way too jacked for someone who has cardio for 5 hard rounds

This fight has all the makings for a very boring push up to the cage style grindfest.

Last edited:

Blaydes has the striking, people underestimate his hands. He finished JDS standing.

Back