AEW XLVI: Oh You Didn't Know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh... I might be done watching Rampage regularly. They have somehow managed to make a >1 hour show a bit of a chore to get through. That fucking fake crowd noise - I hate it so much. It's also way too wrestling-heavy for me. That's what I feared it would be when it started, pointless matches thrown out there to fill time. Also, a minor issue, Starks is wasted in commentary. He may as well not be there.

First match was OK. Nothing special, etc.

Spears wrestled some dude. I would've had instead an angle that furthered the Wardlow tension.

Caster's rap vid was alright. Not his best barbs, but some of it was quite funny.

Trios match was grim. Did notice that Penelope has quite the nice ass. Good thing she was on the apron for most of it.

Dear lord help me, Ethan and Sky were pretty good. I think at this point I was looking for anything to like.

I hope that where Sydal failed, Jay Lethal will beat Ricky, relieve him of that anchor and retire the FTW belt.

Main event was good. Kinda had to be considering those involved. Best thing on the show other than possibly the rap imo.

1st and last match of Rampage saved it from a shitty show. Seemed to be too much talking for an hour show.
They are wasting the Alien Pawg with that womanlet, Leyla. Leyla and Red Velvet are too green in the ring. Telegraphed moves and sloppy, and I am saying that when they shared a ring with Bunny.
The Ladies division does not have any faces to give Britt a rub. They need a good face, and Alien Pawg could give her a decent program if built up right.
Main Event was great and Adam Cole has eclipsed the Young Bucks. They need to lose each other and let Cole go on his on with his group. I fear they will wait until Omega comes back and bury Adam Cole with the groups feuding and having the Young Bucks go over.
I gave last night 28 out of 44nutmans.

Eh... I might be done watching Rampage regularly. They have somehow managed to make a >1 hour show a bit of a chore to get through. That fucking fake crowd noise - I hate it so much. It's also way too wrestling-heavy for me. That's what I feared it would be when it started, pointless matches thrown out there to fill time. Also, a minor issue, Starks is wasted in commentary. He may as well not be there.

Spears wrestled some dude. I would've had instead an angle that furthered the Wardlow tension.

Caster's rap vid was alright. Not his best barbs, but some of it was quite funny.

Trios match was grim. Did notice that Penelope has quite the nice ass. Good thing she was on the apron for most of it.

Dear lord help me, Ethan and Sky were pretty good. I think at this point I was looking for anything to like.

I hope that where Sydal failed, Jay Lethal will beat Ricky, relieve him of that anchor and retire the FTW belt.

Main event was good. Kinda had to be considering those involved. Best thing on the show other than possibly the rap imo.
I always look forward to your views, because they are generally pretty positive. The fact you are done with Rampage says something. No snark implied.

Honestly, my favorite part of the episode was Taz saying he didn't give a damn about RoH. Big Tone throwing some shade at the invasion gimmick?

Hangman's title reign has flopped for me so far. He has two "good matches" of course but he's not been presented as the top star on the show, hasn't had any interesting stories and generally doesn't really do anything. He's almost an afterthought on most of these shows.

Punk/MJF has been the real top program.

He can wrestle, he can talk quite well, but he doesn't strike me as a star. Even as a cowboy who may have legitimately grew up on a cow farm, he strikes me as too clean-cut for the gimmick. He's coming after Jericho, Moxley and Omega, who all had something special about them.

He isn't bad, and can have good, exciting matches, but he is a natural midcarder in my opinion. Should be doing something with Sammy Guevara and the TNT title instead.

Hangman's title reign has flopped for me so far. He has two "good matches" of course but he's not been presented as the top star on the show, hasn't had any interesting stories and generally doesn't really do anything.

Yeah and it's pretty much impossible not to have an at least "good" match with Danielson.

I always look forward to your views, because they are generally pretty positive. The fact you are done with Rampage says something. No snark implied.

I think this episode was a perfect storm of irritating shit for me. If I don't have to subject myself to something I won't. Same reason I don't watch Dark. After a bit a puzzler of a Dynamite this week and now this, as is often said here they have to show me something next week. I'm not 100% on Rampage, but I very likely won't be watching it. Show went from Dynamite's equal, to their definitive B show, to completely missable in only five months.

I think this episode was a perfect storm of irritating shit for me. If I don't have to subject myself to something I won't. Same reason I don't watch Dark. After a bit a puzzler of a Dynamite this week and now this, as is often said here they have to show me something next week. I'm not 100% on Rampage, but I very likely won't be watching it. Show went from Dynamite's equal, to their definitive B show, to completely missable in only five months.
Everyone keeps talking about this stacked roster, which I'm not arguing, but yet they still manage to put on matches that no one gives a shit about. Why were Alien Pawg and Hirsh even paired together to begin with? Then you have them team with Red Velvet? It just feels so random.

I think AEW's deal is they are great at big show and always deliver on big matches. The week to week shows and particularly the storylines are just kind of there. It's almost the same thing ever week. If you miss a few weeks of the show, chances are you haven't missed much.

I'll continue to buy their PPVs because they always deliver on the big matches but the build getting there usually isn't that interesting.

I bet he was told to take it easy on sting

Just saw an interview with Eddie Kingston.

Says he is quitting smoking, and is going to get in shape.

I need a training montage of him and Mox clangin and bangin in the gym, while keeping each other clean from booze and smokes.

Just saw an interview with Eddie Kingston.

Says he is quitting smoking, and is going to get in shape.

I need a training montage of him and Mox clangin and bangin in the gym, while keeping each other clean from booze and smokes.

He was saying he was gonna get in shape like a year ago on BTE. I'll believe it when I see it.

Just watching Rampage now.
  • Opener was weird. Why were all those people just hanging out at ringside? There needed to be more tension if they were going to be there, like it was about to spark off at any moment. Instead, they were just standing around like lumps.
  • Sean Spears promo was "fire" (as the kids say).
  • Max's rap left me sports entertained.
  • Women's match: Statlander and Penelope Ford are good. Bunny has grown on me for her passion and theatrics. Everyone else out there was dead weight.
  • Jay Lethal is really good. Does the most he can with whatever he is given.
  • Liked the main event more than I thought I was going to. The build up to the big tower spot was cool. The finish was a bit flat, but overall a pretty good match. Alex Reynolds is a good worker.

Overall, not bad. Typical AEW mixed bag with some people putting in excellent work and others just being in the way.

Last edited:
Condensed

onidaikx5ix71.jpg

Last edited:
Quoth the luckyshot nevermore (until tomorrow)

Last edited:
I think AEW's deal is they are great at big show and always deliver on big matches. The week to week shows and particularly the storylines are just kind of there. It's almost the same thing ever week. If you miss a few weeks of the show, chances are you haven't missed much.

I'll continue to buy their PPVs because they always deliver on the big matches but the build getting there usually isn't that interesting.

Build?? What builds? Seriously, I did not miss a single dynamite and ramapge all of 2021, and like 99% of ppv buildup matches are almost always done 3 weeks or less before the PPV. Kingston/Miro, Conti/Baker, Pac/Cassidy/Omega, etc. etc. Usually the only exceptions are angles involving Jericho for the most part which drag out for fucking ever. I guess three weeks is long term storytelling in this short attention span generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back