AEW XLVI: Oh You Didn't Know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clinch

We want no war here, but that empire won't listen!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
giphy-downsized-large.gif

kiera-hogan.gif

angelico-aew.gif

anna-jay-tay-conti.gif

tumblr_pzfvm8vfNQ1vla0d3o1_500.gif

r0uvk85l-jpg.879723

thunder-rosa.gif

Thought Dynamite was OK overall this week with some baffling elements. They have got to stop doing the thing where the first match on the show should be the main event. You have a red hot feud with Punk/MJF, a rising star in Wardlow and the tension between him and MJF and some friggin' TNT title match headlines???

The opening segment was meh... until Britt showed up. Looking forward to the mixed tag match. As ever, I can do without the Elite drama.

Wardlow vs Punk was very good. Punk made him look like $1,000,000. The only thing I would've changed is that Punk win by DQ or something to keep Wardlow even stronger while maintaining Punk's undefeated record. Though, if a powerbomb through a table won't get a DQ then what would?

Hobbs vs Dante was fine. No major complaints.

Punk vs Spears should be something I guess.

Liked the back and forth with Hangman and Lambert. Some funny barbs. Good to see Archer back.

Shida vs Deeb was a puzzler. Super short and what did it accomplish???

Fucking Matt Hardy match - skip!

I am interested to see this Brody King fella. He has the look of a badass. I am intrigued. Also, props to them actually mentioning where he came from for those of us who hadn't seen him previously.

Then we had another puzzling segment. The Acclaimed win a decent match (with a funny rap prior) and then Sting and Darby beat them down afterwards like they were a couple of jabronis. Max and Bowens are two dudes clearly on the rise and gaining in popularity, why feed them to Sting/Darby?

Andrade and Matt Hardy? RIP Andrade's AEW run. He's done. Unless this is a Dante/Team Taz-like swerve.

Main event was a random TNT title match that meant dick-all. Skip!

Thought Dynamite was OK overall this week with some baffling elements. They have got to stop doing the thing where the first match on the show should be the main event. You have a red hot feud with Punk/MJF, a rising star in Wardlow and the tension between him and MJF and some friggin' TNT title match headlines???

The opening segment was meh... until Britt showed up. Looking forward to the mixed tag match. As ever, I can do without the Elite drama.

Wardlow vs Punk was very good. Punk made him look like $1,000,000. The only thing I would've changed is that Punk win by DQ or something to keep Wardlow even stronger while maintaining Punk's undefeated record. Though, if a powerbomb through a table won't get a DQ then what would?

Hobbs vs Dante was fine. No major complaints.

Punk vs Spears should be something I guess.

Liked the back and forth with Hangman and Lambert. Some funny barbs. Good to see Archer back.

Shida vs Deeb was a puzzler. Super short and what did it accomplish???

I am interested to see this Brody King fella. He has the look of a badass. I am intrigued. Also, props to them actually mentioning where he came from for those of us who hadn't seen him previously.

Then we had another puzzling segment. The Acclaimed win a decent match (with a funny rap prior) and then Sting and Darby beat them down afterwards like they were a couple of jabronis. Max and Bowens are two dudes clearly on the rise and gaining in popularity, why feed them to Sting/Darby?

Andrade and Matt Hardy? RIP Andrade's AEW run. He's done. Unless this is a Dante/Team Taz-like swerve.

Re the Andrade matt hardy thing, my immediate thought was he buys parts of his group, hardy ditches the rest for jeff hardy.

Re the Andrade matt hardy thing, my immediate thought was he buys parts of his group, hardy ditches the rest for jeff hardy.

I'd rather the group just beat Hardy down.

We "get" a Hardy Bros. reunion for a couple months and then both Hardys retire.

None of Hardy's goons match up with Andrade at all. ..Maybe Angelico if they dress him up a little bit.

Went to the Xavier / Villanova game last night so I missed Dynamite. Sounds like I didn't miss anything other than Punk / Wardlow.
Anyone notice how AEW never goes to the west coast?

This is the portion I saw and I agree with all of this. I came home just in time to see Matt Hardy ... ooph.

So much of the writing in AEW is not making much sense. Feeding the Acclaimed to Sting and Darby was puzzling for sure.

Brody King is an awesome Bruiser/brawler.

Hes toned up and looked meaner since I saw him live too. Good dude.

Was made to look awesome.

But I think there will be three more members or so of the house of black. He posted a picture with how brodie had become death. There's three more horse men and I think pac and Julia are coming

I'd rather the group just beat Hardy down.

We "get" a Hardy Bros. reunion for a couple months and then both Hardys retire.

None of Hardy's goons match up with Andrade at all. ..Maybe Angelico if they dress him up a little bit.
Put Butcher and Blade with Malakai Black, then Andrade gets the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back