AEW XLIV: Itoh Come Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the TNT title is pointless. Apparently anyone can challenge for it anytime, despite W-L record. Oh, but sometimes someone has to win a ladder match or a tournament for a shot. Depending on the week.

I think they need to add something to it.

Personally, I would like to see it lead to a World Title match. Like, defend the belt 10 times, then surrender it for a world title shot.

Make it rare for someone to defend it 10 times, like make it seem like a real accomplishment. OR. Have a heel insist on defending it against Dark level talent to weasel their way into a title match.

As it stands now, it is just a prop, and means nothing.

So the TNT title is pointless. Apparently anyone can challenge for it anytime, despite W-L record. Oh, but sometimes someone has to win a ladder match or a tournament for a shot. Depending on the week.

I think they need to add something to it.

Personally, I would like to see it lead to a World Title match. Like, defend the belt 10 times, then surrender it for a world title shot.

Make it rare for someone to defend it 10 times, like make it seem like a real accomplishment. OR. Have a heel insist on defending it against Dark level talent to weasel their way into a title match.

As it stands now, it is just a prop, and means nothing.

Cody and Tony Khan have said in interviews a few times since they introduced the title that they deem the TNT Championship as equal to the World Championship.

Obvious we as fans know it's not equal, but I don't think they ever want to book it like it's beneath.

Cody and Tony Khan have said in interviews a few times since they introduced the title that they deem the TNT Championship as equal to the World Championship.

Obvious we as fans know it's not equal, but I don't think they ever want to book it like it's beneath.
Fuego Del Sol = 2 time world title challenger.

Fuck Cody and Tony.

IMO, the TBS and TNT title should be dropped and changed to Men and Women's Open championship. Save the 2 big belts for your ranking system, and use the open titles for story development. I think one disservice they do to themselves is keeping belts on people too long. I know, "prestigious" but still, it gets stale.

I was channel surfing a bit on Wednesday and so I missed this... hell of a promo from Pillman though.

I was channel surfing a bit on Wednesday and so I missed this... hell of a promo from Pillman.

Felt like an early 90's promo, not in a bad way They need to drop the blonds gimmick though, and let him find his own thing that doesn't consist of being Brian Pillman's son.

Felt like an early 90's promo, not in a bad way They need to drop the blonds gimmick though, and let him find his own thing that doesn't consist of being Brian Pillman's son.
I actually think they should play up him trying to come to terms with his father more. As it is now, they just mention his dad on commentary during his matches, but they don't do much with it in terms of story telling. I think there is a lot of interesting stuff to do with him, but out of all the guys on the roster, he's the one who needs to be involved in some kind of long term "plot" not just matches.

Wonder if Lee Johnson will be free of Moons over my Hammy Anderson after all this Swole shit?

Wonder if Lee Johnson will be free of Moons over my Hammy Anderson after all this Swole shit?
This Swole shit will be forgotten in a week.

It would not even be a thing at all if Tony Khan did not feel the need to defend every slight against his company, considering no one gave two shits about Big Swole or her comments until Tony brought attention to them.

Some engagement that was.
vs.
Worst kept secret of the last few weeks.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back