AEW Fight Forever

So for those who haven't seen it, the AEW game got delayed because they were trying to get a Teen ESRB rating.

They finally got it today, and I can see why it was a struggle.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/38936/aew-fight-forever/

20230209_194158.jpg

Molotov cocktails, barbed wire, blood, and swearing are probably the ones that stand out lol

Haven't played a wrestling game in 11 years, and I rented that one for 3 days and basically played everything that needed to be played within that timeframe.

Before that, it was 7 years... around 2004.

Have wrestling games made decent advances over the years? Is this looking to be better than the WWE games?

Haven't played a wrestling game in 11 years, and I rented that one for 3 days and basically played everything that needed to be played within that timeframe.

Have wrestling games made decent advances over the years? Is this looking to be better than the WWE games?
WWE 2K22 is actually pretty solid imo and apparently 2K23 is expanding upon it FWIW. Really moved away from the janky, overcomplicated mess that the 2K wrassling games were known for

From everything I've seen and read so far it seems that this AEW game is gonna play similarly to some of the older N64/PS2 era games, so that may be what you are looking for assuming they actually nail it.

WWE 2K22 is actually pretty solid imo and apparently 2K23 is expanding upon it FWIW. Really moved away from the janky, overcomplicated mess that the 2K wrassling games were known for

From everything I've seen and read so far it seems that this AEW game is gonna play similarly to some of the older N64/PS2 era games, so that may be what you are looking for assuming they actually nail it.

The zoomed in view totally wrecked 2K22 for me. I'm not usually that picky, but it makes the game unplayable for me. I bought it on sale about a month ago and tried getting into it, but I can't.

I tried a couple of the early PS4 ones but always go back to Smackdown 2 on PS1

So this is possibly being held up again now because of the Fight Forever name. When it does release it'll have an outdated entrance set, outdated roster, and released after what appears to be a good WWE game.

So this is possibly being held up again now because of the Fight Forever name. When it does release it'll have an outdated entrance set, outdated roster, and released after what appears to be a good WWE game.
Fingers crossed that means they're polishing things in the meantime so there's no chance of it being a buggy mess lol

We'll be playing GTA 8 before this

I tried a couple of the early PS4 ones but always go back to Smackdown 2 on PS1

Yeah man, that game was the shit. My roommate and I had a coop career mode that lasted a long time. Even though we were using a PS2, that's the game we played most.

They did recycle a lot of things, but it was crazy how we'd get a new type of cut scene we never saw before.

@Kaybee what did the last 2K game do that changed things up? I haven't played a wrestling game in quite a while, but I'm kinda itching to get back in. How's the career mode?

Now that we're a few years into the new gen, I'm hoping they step things up graphically. Is it going to be a PS4 title as well?

All the achievements for this leaked, if they can pull off some of the gameplay that the achievements say, then it sounds very fun. Rumors are a late June release.

They had a twitch stream today with Orange Cassidy and Evil Uno playing the game. Few things they confirmed/showed off:

The game isn't mocapped, all animations are handcrafted.
You can have intergender matches
You can jump your opponent before the bell/be jumped
To get out of pins/submissions it's a mash
There aren't full entrances
Despite not having fun entrances, you can control the camera during the entrance and control when the pyro goes off
You can make Orange Cassidy wrestle with his hands in his pockets

They had a twitch stream today with Orange Cassidy and Evil Uno playing the game. Few things they confirmed/showed off:

The game isn't mocapped, all animations are handcrafted.
You can have intergender matches
You can jump your opponent before the bell/be jumped
To get out of pins/submissions it's a mash
There aren't full entrances
Despite not having fun entrances, you can control the camera during the entrance and control when the pyro goes off
You can make Orange Cassidy wrestle with his hands in his pockets

I think what everyone wants to know, is Wardlow in the game?

I think what everyone wants to know, is Wardlow in the game?
Still unconfirmed. They've said there's 50 wrestlers available on launch, and they've announced 41. There's still a chance!

The gameplay looks very fun, they weren't kidding with the throwback look which I dig. It's gonna have a heck of a battle getting it to the current AEW product as the set and roster are instantly out of date and missing big names with outdated music and entrace videos. I wonder how quick they will update it.

They showcased some of the fluid moves and reversals, they also showed off a pretty smooth basic reversal into a finisher.

The best wrestling game in my opinion just forgo the idea of it being realistic and just made it fast pace and crazy.

watch

Back