AEW Fight Forever

Quick gameplay video

Holy shit, the animations are embarrassing. I can't believe Yukes worked on this. The animations look like an indie game.

I was reminded of the N64 WCW games.

Was previously intrigued by a new and unique evolution of wrestling games, but its just a regression... a devolution at best.

1qzzkyvmnzz61.jpg

I don't mind the game being a throwback to the N64 games, as that was peak rasslin' games for this guy. The N64like graphics are okay.

However, everything I've see so far of this game when it comes to gameplay is ass. AEW showed a little bit of a simmed demo before the Double or Nothing event featuring the "Four Pillars" and the wrestlers moved like janky shit.

Still trying to stay optimistic about this game. Not going to rush out and buy it so there's plenty of time for quality reviews to roll in.

**edit: was posted above. Not a great preview, especially at a minute and a half? What's the point?

I guess I'm seeing things a bit different than you guys here. There's nothing I've seen to suggest the game is going to be amazing, but there's plenty of positives to be found. The think the animations are actually pretty good, like the characters don't just have all round presets, they actually move like they do in real life. Maybe that's to do with it not being mocapped at all, and it all being handcrafted.

"AEW has announced more details for the Elite Edition of AEW Fight Forever, which were discovered on the Steam page for the game. It includes more wrestlers and mini-games, including:

– Matt Hardy Pack which features two of the many Matt Hardys: Matt Hardy and Broken Matt Hardy.
– FTR: Revival Pack, which features AEW wrestlers Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler PLUS minigames JoinUs and Deth Race-X
– Forever Limitless Bunny Bundle, which features AEW wrestlers The Bunny and Keith Lee PLUS minigames MJF Car Thrash and Sloth Sling
– Hookhausen Very Handsome, Very Evil Pack, which features AEW wrestlers HOOK and Danhausen"

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4389-PPSA09351_00-AEWELITEEDITION0
If you preorder now on PSN, you can get the Elite edition for like $72.

This extra game modes don't sound all that great. Glad time was spent on them and not the actual wrestling game.

newlegacy just uploaded 15 minutes of footage from them playing it.

Quick IGN review from their time playing it this weekend.

Judging from these two videos, it's looking fun.

It looks more fluid than the WWE games but I just can't get past the weird stylized graphics.

Time to kick someone's leg out of their leg

Back