AEW Double Or Nothing 2022, Live PPV Thread

Who Walks Out Of Double Or Nothing As AEW World Heavyweight Champion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the story was "are either of these two gonna turn heel?" Because they were both getting cheers and boos

I haven't watched AEW consistently lately, but I thought the story was whether Hangman would turn heel because of the fans cheering for Punk and Punk pushing his buttons.

That promo on Dynamite this past week was pretty bad, but that's what I got out of it. I still think that's where it will go - regret that he didn't bash Punk with the belt so now he goes off. Could be a good thing to jumpstart his character.

Gee, who would have thought all the bullshit about MJF buying a ticket home were false, and the dirt sheets know jack shit?

Re-watching some of the "sharpshooters" done last night. Dax Harwood needs to do a seminar with the AEW roster on how to do that thing properly. Fucking hell...

lol SRS is still getting worked, he's been arguing all day with no follower Twitter accounts, and calling every other dirtsheet guy saying there was no plane ticket "false".

and still his only supposed proof is a screenshot that he won't show anyone from a "non AEW, non MJF source that has been correct in the past".

Every other big name dirtsheet guy is calling bullshit today and SRS is still doubling down <Lmaoo>

Yeah, I notice Bryan Alvarez is saying this is was work as well.
lol SRS is still getting worked, he's been arguing all day with no follower Twitter accounts, and calling every other dirtsheet guy saying there was no plane ticket "false".

and still his only supposed proof is a screenshot that he won't show anyone from a "non AEW, non MJF source that has been correct in the past".

Every other big name dirtsheet guy is calling bullshit today and SRS is still doubling down <Lmaoo>

I don't think there's enough known about the situation to call anyone a liar or say that anyone is making shit up though.

Well, I watched the show. Dear lord - it was long. We didn't need 10 trillion matches. I don't care that AEW only do four of them per year, long is long. At least 3 botched Sharpshooters - WTF???

Opener was fantastic as anyone knew it would be. This has been pro wrestling perfection. Crowd going NUTS for the big man. Star made. This forum loves to talk about the slow burn, well we got the best one in years with this feud. Hope you enjoyed, I know I did.

Bucks vs Hardys was good. Better than I thought it would be as I was not hyped going in.

TBS title match was a bit all over the place. Could hear Anna's spot calling from Mars. Finished strong though. No idea who the dude who came out is and I really hope they aren't planning on having Ember Moon be the one who beats Jade. Crowd were very hot for her and Statlander. Do that.

HOB vs DT was a total spot fest that I tuned out of. Julia Hart however, likely saved her career. This match killed the crowd for the next hour or so too.

Joe vs Cole fine. This tournament could've been so much better.

Excalibur doesn't know what shredding is. Dude was literally strumming a few chords.

Britt vs Ruby was better. They had the crowd back but almost killed 'em with some interminable arm hold thingy. Tim Armstrong needs to shave that stupid beard.

The belts looked nice and the trophy kinda reminded me of the Champions League cup a little. It's pretty.

The mixed tag was a confusing disaster. No surprise considering the build. Night and day reaction between this and the ladder match from a few weeks ago. Total trainwreck. PVZ looked decent for her first match.

KOR takes out Sting. Darby challenges him to avenge Sting. Darby loses. Yeah, fuck that match. It was at this point I realised there were two hours left...

Women's title match was very good. Could've been special if not for the god awful build.

The Anarchy match sucked. I hated it. I wanted it over and done with. Highlight was Mox's theme playing twice.

No idea who white suit is. Don't really care.

Triple threat tag match was good. No complaints.

Main event was very good. Pumped for Punk as champ. He damn sure will be featured on the show prominently and not be shunted into the background.

Last edited:
I don't think there's enough known about the situation to call anyone a liar or say that anyone is making shit up though.

I don't think SRS is a liar or making anything up. He probably does have his source and that source probably did send him a photo of some sort document with MJF's name on it. But when people who are actually in Las Vegas, speaking with Tony Khan in person is calling bullshit and SRS is still doubling down based on "a source who is not MJF and doesn't work for AEW" and now he's having a melt down on Twitter. Guy is losing his credibility fast.

I don't even give a shit about dirtsheet stuff, but it's fun watching a guy who's job it is to suck the fun and magic out of pro wrestling getting blasted for possible faulty reporting where he was trying to suck the fun and magic out of pro wrestling.

I don't think SRS is a liar or making anything up. He probably does have his source and that source probably did send him a photo of some sort document with MJF's name on it. But when people who are actually in Las Vegas, speaking with Tony Khan in person is calling bullshit and SRS is still doubling down based on "a source who is not MJF and doesn't work for AEW" and now he's having a melt down on Twitter. Guy is losing his credibility fast.

I don't even give a shit about dirtsheet stuff, but it's fun watching a guy who's job it is to suck the fun and magic out of pro wrestling getting blasted for possible faulty reporting where he was trying to suck the fun and magic out of pro wrestling.
I have noticed that before with SRS and a lot of wrestling media. They hate being called out and corrected on stuff. They also can't seem to draw a line between professional and personal, which then leads to their opinions of certain people clouding their reports.

Be nice if someone just once could admit they probably got played. Even after the demise of kayfabe, wrasslin's still full of fucking carnies that will lie to your face.

PWD, what say you?

is the MJF stuff all story line calling back to Pillman, maybe even the Outsiders, or is there legitimate beef building there?

dirt sheets all seem sold on there being real beef, but if MJF is great at anything it's playing the character, old school style, and we know AEW can do some long term stories.

PWD, what say you?

is the MJF stuff all story line calling back to Pillman, maybe even the Outsiders, or is there legitimate beef building there?

dirt sheets all seem sold on there being real beef, but if MJF is great at anything it's playing the character, old school style, and we know AEW can do some long term stories.
tenor.gif

Re-watching some of the "sharpshooters" done last night. Dax Harwood needs to do a seminar with the AEW roster on how to do that thing properly. Fucking hell...
I said Botchamania needs to do a Bret Hart buries the world segment with these sharpshooters laced in. They were bruuuutal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back