• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked AEW CXIII : It's Wednesday , Where's the Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This card for Wednesday looks weak as fuck. Still confused why Samoa Joe is granting an eliminator for the World Championship, when he's booked to defend the World Championship 10 days later already. Theoretically, what if Dustin wins, does that mean Dustin gets a shot at the World Championship before number 1 contender Swerve?

Shibata getting pulled into the Jericho suck is stupid.

Don't give a shit to see Penta lose another shot at a singles title.

At least Anna Jay vs. Mariah May is gonna be one of the greatest eye candy matches a company could book.

GKinCuxWkAApbG0

This card for Wednesday looks weak as fuck. Still confused why Samoa Joe is granting an eliminator for the World Championship, when he's booked to defend the World Championship 10 days later already. Theoretically, what if Dustin wins, does that mean Dustin gets a shot at the World Championship before number 1 contender Swerve?

At least Anna Jay vs. Mariah May is gonna be one of the greatest eye candy matches a company could book.

GKinCuxWkAApbG0

More nonsensical TK booking.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you.

Showing the footage and taking about it will lead to more conversation. More questions in interviews.
Tony Schiavone and Jim Ross who obviously work for AEW was asked about Punk's comments and BOTH their sentiments was they just want to move on from this.

This is not moving on. I am sure they both winced at Tony's actions here.

Looking forward to Okada vs PAC when it happens. Other than that AEW isnt worth the time.

@Stargazer Rex the protein drink I was telling you about is 150 calories for 30grams of protein I’d that good?

Last edited:
So apparently the tape will be shown with The Bucks narrating over top of it. Which is a solid idea and it 100% is to "Embarrass Cm Punk".

GKinCuxWkAApbG0

Everything is always so random and week to week for AEW.

The booking needs to change with this. Stars vs stars interacting all the time should be the mold.

Next week's Dynamite main event should be Ospreay/Swerve vs. Danielson/Joe.

Thumbs up to Tony for releasing the footage. I like that he’s getting a bit ballsier. However… I will laugh my ass off if the footage makes his side look worse.

I struggle to see how it doesn't unless its Punk getting his ass kicked, which it won't be because it was broken up quickly anyway apparently.

Its going to Punk is an asshole and underselling his part in the whole thing. So what? We know the guy is an asshole and giant mark for himself already. That doesn't bring us anything new.

I'm glad he's showing it. Why not? It's not like hes doing a whole 2 hour show on the footage. Why does everyone always have to take the high road with Punk after he causes problems wherever he goes then keeps talking about in interviews after it's over. Hulk Hogan and Mach crawled so Mr Khan can run by airing grievances on live TV, pal!

8f541ce4d1c22a0b-600x338.png

Observe this, Punk!

"This here is a rag sheet brooooother!"

Images you can hear.

Didnt Darby use real glass in that stupid spot that cut up his whole back? If so I wonder what Punk would have said, if he was still in the company.

Sugar glass but can still fuck you up a bit from that distance and shirtless.

You couldn't use real glass in a spot like that, you're risking literal death.

Correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

We've only heard Punk's side of this. His word is that, after an earlier disagreement between him and Perry about using glass in a segment, Perry used glass at All In. When he came back from the ring, he and Punk had words. Perry said something to the effect of, "what are you going to do about it". Then Punk grabbed him, they scuffed, Punk gets some kind of choke, then Joe tells him to let go. They separate and Punk goes back to his locker room.

So what will the tape show?

Either 1) it all goes down just as Punk said. His reputation is solidified, AEW look like fools. Not likely they'd go this route.

2) It shows Punk as a clear aggressor, shouting down his statements and damaging his credibility. Much more likely, but it'll look better if they don't try to embellish anything.

3) It's some kind of reenactment, in which case AEW's credibility is shit from here on out.

Did I miss anything?

Tony Schiavone and Jim Ross who obviously work for AEW was asked about Punk's comments and BOTH their sentiments was they just want to move on from this.

This is not moving on. I am sure they both winced at Tony's actions here.

He already did move on, by not showing the tape back in September 2023 (which apparently he wanted to do). The WWE, through a very coordinated effort bashed AEW all last week.

He had 2 options:

Ignore it, look like a bitch and allow Punk and WWE to continue to bash him. Which they would do.

Or lower to their level and show the tape and advance his own show and storylines. And basically shut CM Punk up.

Tony took the latter.

Correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

We've only heard Punk's side of this. His word is that, after an earlier disagreement between him and Perry about using glass in a segment, Perry used glass at All In. When he came back from the ring, he and Punk had words. Perry said something to the effect of, "what are you going to do about it". Then Punk grabbed him, they scuffed, Punk gets some kind of choke, then Joe tells him to let go. They separate and Punk goes back to his locker room.

So what will the tape show?

Either 1) it all goes down just as Punk said. His reputation is solidified, AEW look like fools. Not likely they'd go this route.

2) It shows Punk as a clear aggressor, shouting down his statements and damaging his credibility. Much more likely, but it'll look better if they don't try to embellish anything.

3) It's some kind of reenactment, in which case AEW's credibility is shit from here on out.

Did I miss anything?

There's no possible way Punk told the truth.

Danielson, his friend has seen the tape...and recommended Punk be terminated after seeing it.

I wish it showed Perry getting the better of him... that would actually be hilarious.

It probably shows Punk, in a rage, losing his mind and lashing at Perry unprovoked. Leading to Joe separating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back