• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked AEW CXIII : It's Wednesday , Where's the Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said he was illegally recorded.

Nothing Punk said will stop anyone from watching AEW who likes AEW, no footage Tony shows will make more people watch (long term). If anything, it's possible people will be turned off by it. Like anyone pumped up about wrestling after this weekend and tuning in to see some more wrestling.

I tune into dynamite to watch a wrestling show, not relive drama that was an annoyance the first time around. I'm relatively sure that I'm not alone.

There's no upside, all the people who think Tony is a clown... That won't change. Punk will still be a huge star in WWE.

None of it matters anyways. It's all stupid pro wrestling shit. I don't really care enough to keep discussing it. Have a good one.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you.

Showing the footage and taking about it will lead to more conversation. More questions in interviews.

I'm not invested in the outcome. I don't care. But clearly they have a reason to dispute CM Punk possibly lying. I find nothing wrong with them getting the truth out there if that's their goal.

I'm sure they would rather have more conversation that's something along the lines of "do you feel vindicated?" vs. the bullshit they've been getting and the company getting dragged in the mud.

I'm not invested in the outcome. I don't care. But clearly they have a reason to dispute CM Punk possibly lying. I find nothing wrong with them getting the truth out there if that's their goal.

I'm sure they would rather have more conversation that's something along the lines of "do you feel vindicated?" vs. the bullshit they've been getting and the company getting dragged in the mud.
Just get out of the mud

Reactions: HHJ
releasing a recording of someone attack someone in a public setting is not bad for privacy haha

also makes me wish Dana White released the CCTV footage of Tito Ortiz getting KO'd by Lee Murray

releasing a recording of someone attack someone in a public setting is not bad for privacy haha
I don't know why I even try but...

It's not a public setting, you can't walk backstage. It's not right after a crime happened. It's not in the capacity of news or journalism.

It's being petty. It's releasing footage of employees backstage because you're butthurt.

If you think that's a good indicator for the people who work for Tony, good for you.

If it's footage that was shot for a doc with people aware they were being filmed and it would be shown, that's one thing.

Anything else is sending a shitty message to employees, all of them, about their privacy in general and especially if they upset Tony.
I mean there’s tons of security cam footage all over the net from every kind of job. I mean if a fight breaks out at an mlb game in the dugout and I whip my phone out and film it I can share it.

Looking forward more to Mariah May vs Anna Jay on Dynamite lol

He would have called Darby an idiot for doing that spot. And he would have been right.

and then Phil would've given verbal fellatio to some Japanese deathmatch legend who does 10x worse than Darby's glass spot.

1WMvsc0.png

Roll. The. Tape.

Its a bizarre move, sort of out of the Vince Russo playbook, but its something to give AEW a buzz. I'm not in support of it, but its really funny and will shut Punk up at least.

They also couldn't let WWE continue to bash them. Which was clearly a coordinated effort last week during Wrestlemania week. AEW will have their moment in August to really bash back. But what did people expect Tony to do? He doesn't do anything, he's a bitch. If he does something, he's just as petty as them. Its prowrestling, a carny, petty business. You have something on a top star in WWE. Ruin his reputation if you can. Also, they successfully got some buzz on their product during Wrestlemania week. A decent accomplishment.

What will the tape show? Punk's a liar (he lies about EVERYTHING) and probably crazy. I'm secretly hoping it shows Jack Perry getting the better of him, but its most likely showing a deranged lunatic starting a fight with Jack Perry over a comment. Punk fans will watch it, see he lied and then state he didn't lie, because they have full fledge brain rot on this point, but hey..it'll pop a rating.

Also, use it to bring back Perry and advance storylines please. Otherwise it really is just Russo shit. The Elite, with The Bucks, Okada, Perry and I'm hoping Mercedes after she turns should be your key storyline for the next year.

and then Phil would've given verbal fellatio to some Japanese deathmatch legend who does 10x worse than Darby's glass spot.

1WMvsc0.png

True, but he still would have been right in this case.

Roll. The. Tape.

Its a bizarre move, sort of out of the Vince Russo playbook, but its something to give AEW a buzz. I'm not in support of it, but its really funny and will shut Punk up at least.

They also couldn't let WWE continue to bash them. Which was clearly a coordinated effort last week during Wrestlemania week. AEW will have their moment in August to really bash back. But what did people expect Tony to do? He doesn't do anything, he's a bitch. If he does something, he's just as petty as them. Its prowrestling, a carny, petty business. You have something on a top star in WWE. Ruin his reputation if you can. Also, they successfully got some buzz on their product during Wrestlemania week. A decent accomplishment.

What will the tape show? Punk's a liar (he lies about EVERYTHING) and probably crazy. I'm secretly hoping it shows Jack Perry getting the better of him, but its most likely showing a deranged lunatic starting a fight with Jack Perry over a comment. Punk fans will watch it, see he lied and then state he didn't lie, because they have full fledge brain rot on this point, but hey..it'll pop a rating.

Also, use it to bring back Perry and advance storylines please. Otherwise it really is just Russo shit. The Elite, with The Bucks, Okada, Perry and I'm hoping Mercedes after she turns should be your key storyline for the next year.
Apparently the plan is to use it to further the FTR/Bucks build and to bring back Jack Perry, outside of the obvious ratings grab and possibly making Punk look bad/weak. But sounds like it's going to be the legit footage so they seem confident it won't hurt them in any way.

True, but he still would have been right in this case.

I don't think he would've been right and I think the argument is stupid.

This is a business where these guys drop themselves on their heads and necks every night. Steve Austin's neck was broken and he lost all feeling in his body for a few seconds from a pile driver. Mitsuharu Misawa's spine snapped and he died in the ring from a basic back suplex. Darren Drozdov got paralyzed from a power bomb. Sabu's neck was broken from a suplex. Taz's neck was broken from a pile driver. I can give these examples all day. Hell CM Punk himself keeps getting put on the shelf from the most basic of matches. CM Punk has had 3 different surgeries in the last 2 years from basic shit.

These high road dorks talking about "dangerous spots being stupid" when in reality it's all fucking stupid. There's zero reason to high road unless you want to act like some holier than thou dork that sniffs your own farts.

Apparently the plan is to use it to further the FTR/Bucks build and to bring back Jack Perry, outside of the obvious ratings grab and possibly making Punk look bad/weak. But sounds like it's going to be the legit footage so they seem confident it won't hurt them in any way.

Yeah, if it advances a storyline, which really has already started (Jack Perry calling himself The Scapegoat), I'm a little bit more in support of it. Adam Copeland can be with FTR and do the job for Jack Perry. Plus the Christian connection with Perry is a nice little added bonus to the storyline.

The footage is clearly going to show Punk is a pathological liar. One of his friends Bryan Danielson has saw the tape and recommended for him to be terminated, LOL. Its probably pretty bad.

Young Bucks have been giving shout outs to Jack Perry lately. In their entrance on Dynamite last week Matthew Jackson looked into the camera and said "Scapegoat, we love your work"

A few weeks back in New Japan, Jack Perry cut a promo congratulating Sting on retirement and gave a shout out to the Bucks when he said "Congratulations on your retirement, you got to end it with two of the best professional wrestlers in the world".

Jack Perry helping them beat FTR at the PPV could be good shit.

Young Bucks have been giving shout outs to Jack Perry lately. In their entrance on Dynamite last week Matthew Jackson looked into the camera and said "Scapegoat, we love your work"

A few weeks back in New Japan, Jack Perry cut a promo congratulating Sting on retirement and gave a shout out to the Bucks when he said "Congratulations on your retirement, you got to end it with two of the best professional wrestlers in the world".

Jack Perry helping them beat FTR at the PPV could be good shit.

Perry's in the US right now, given he works the New Japan this Friday...in CHICAGO of all places.

I'm very certain Perry will be at Dynamite. They'll beat down FTR. I would break glass over FTR bald too if I where them.

That show on Friday could be a great moment for Perry who could become a complete star by heeling on that crowd.

I don't think he would've been right and I think the argument is stupid.

This is a business where these guys drop themselves on their heads and necks every night. Steve Austin's neck was broken and he lost all feeling in his body for a few seconds from a pile driver. Mitsuharu Misawa's spine snapped and he died in the ring from a basic back suplex. Darren Drozdov got paralyzed from a power bomb. Sabu's neck was broken from a suplex. Taz's neck was broken from a pile driver. I can give these examples all day. Hell CM Punk himself keeps getting put on the shelf from the most basic of matches. CM Punk has had 3 different surgeries in the last 2 years from basic shit.

These high road dorks talking about "dangerous spots being stupid" when in reality it's all fucking stupid. There's zero reason to high road unless you want to act like some holier than thou dork that sniffs your own farts.

I get what you're saying. Wrestling is an unsafe profession no matter what. Hell, look at Darby. That fall didn't take him out, a basic match the next week did.

The reason I say he's an idiot is because he risked losing out on his Everest dream (which he ended up doing anyway, of course). Something like that can be a once in a lifetime opportunity. He was in a tough spot, since Sting's final match ever is also a once in a lifetime opportunity, but if Everest really was his dream he shouldn't have been wrestling at all. I had something similar happen to me last year, on a much smaller scale, of course, but I lost out on a once in a lifetime opportunity due to injury and it fucking sucked.

But hey, it's his life, his body and his dreams. If he wants to risk any or all of them it's his choice.

I mean there’s tons of security cam footage all over the net from every kind of job. I mean if a fight breaks out at an mlb game in the dugout and I whip my phone out and film it I can share it.
TK should have been smarter and leaked it. It's about him, not that footage exists or someone might see it.

Usually when footage leaks from a dugout it's not cause the manager got sand in his pussy listening to a podcast.

Honestly, I just like arguing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back