Advice on how to prevent getting grapple "raped"

This is how you do it:

t5q81e.jpg

that suplay was a thing of beauty
it has to be tough to lose after slamming a guy like that.

So basically the argument is can you run away from him?

And what's up with him submitting people when drunk? Sounds very juvenile.
I've rolled with some friends who don't grapple, but only if they've asked.

Blue belt has a wide range of skill level. I think you got a chance if you can stay on top.

Get double under hooks and launch a knee into his sternum. When he drops, take his back sink on the hooks and choke.

At least this thread delivered a hackney and Harold Howard reference.

Pull guard and hold him there... It will mess his head up

I already know you deserve a raping from the way you talk. No true Aussie would use terms like 'sixth grade' or 'junior school' just to fit in on a forum.

Your two years of wrestling in primary school isnt gonna save your ass 12 years down the track, not even if you 'learned from ex-Soviet wrestlers'

This

If there is no time limit its kinda a lose/lose for you. Your not going to submit him and he gets all the time in the world to work.

That being said if he pulls guard, focus on posturing up, and keeping your posture up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_3TyX9RCk0
[YT]w_3TyX9RCk0[/YT]

As a general rule in closed guard, dont put your hands on the ground, dont extend your arms to far forward, dont cross your arms over his centre line, and dont put one arm under his legs - either both under or none.

If you can stand up and try to keep the fight standing, if you find yourself on bottom keep your arms in close to your body, and look to explode out of positions when you have the chance, dont settle for being in bad positions, use your takedowns as sweeps to either get dominant top position or to stand up.

Edit: also if things get hairy, try and force scrambles you should have an advantage here

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Some funny and interesting responses, thanks guys. Haha yes sounds very douchey I know, really it's just a grappling fan (the blue belt) who likes having a roll when he's been drinking thinking he can steam roll anyone untrained, and maybe he can, though as I mentioned, I've never really been tested in a grappling type situation as no one in this country wrestles, so the idea that someone weaker with subs would be able to get me down and keep me there if I didn't want it was an interesting one to me.

I already know you deserve a raping from the way you talk. No true Aussie would use terms like 'sixth grade' or 'junior school' just to fit in on a forum.

Your two years of wrestling in primary school isnt gonna save your ass 12 years down the track, not even if you 'learned from ex-Soviet wrestlers'

I translate for Americans, using terms like year six and primary school will just confuse matters. Calling someone out for not using Australian terminology then using the word "ass" is a little silly though, don't you think?

How long do you need to prevent the sexual assault to be victorious in this wager?

Not long, the assumption was I was going to get tapped pretty much instantly (like what happens to the other guys he grapples). If I can just shrug off a few of his attempts then my point will be proved.

I might seem a bit ridiculous assuming I could fend off a blue belt with no grappling other than my wrestling years ago. Imagine American posters that you are the only one who has really wrestled before in the entire country, no one I've ever met even knowing what a sprawl is, and you can see how I might consider such minimal experience years ago still so adequate.

The only grappling anyone knows is from rugby, and it's laughable. Just yesterday "experts" were discussing a "dangerous" tackle in a recent rugby league game. One was saying how it's only "leg tackles" that can be dangerous and "upper body tackles" aren't because "you can't dump people on their heads when you grab them above the waist". That's Australian grappling knowledge for you.

Last edited:
My advice...stop hanging out with douchers

The only grappling anyone knows is from rugby, and it's laughable. Just yesterday "experts" were discussing a "dangerous" tackle in a recent rugby league game. One was saying how it's only "leg tackles" that can be dangerous and "upper body tackles" aren't because "you can't dump people on their heads when you grab them above the waist". That's Australian grappling knowledge for you.

I swept a guy in league once, the ref gave me a penalty because he said the guy tried to keep holding me down. The dude wanted to throw down but it's always all talk.
Funniest moment of my league life, i love grappling hahahha.

EDIT: Hahhaah this brought up so many league memories. I've laterally tossed a few guys and they've either got winded or came up and started swearing at me. But the best thing I think I did was hip toss a guy playing rep footy. Was a hilarious way to get a massive guy down one on one hahahahha.

Once league players can use American wrestling effectively, we will see such a brutal sport.

Last edited:
Interesting rugby has been brought up, the professional rugby (union) players in the area all have mandatory BJJ training sessions at my gym, we've even had a few All Blacks in learning BJJ and rolling.

I can't believe they laughed at your wrestling credentials. You were the p4p best in 6th grade. They should show some respect.

Back