Advice on how to prevent getting grapple "raped"

Just spazz out heaps. The BJJ kryponite is a wrestler who spazzes.

If the op " just stood up in his guard" his guard must suck. If you can get out of his guard that easy then you my have a chance if you do in fact have good wrestling skills. Do you know for a fact he's a blue belt? Any white belt can pull guard then sweep and mount someone that has no knowledge of whats going to happen. If he is a good blue belt you should stay off the ground.

Stop hanging out with people who threaten to rape you

in a back yard grappling situation

Is this really a good idea in Australia?

People joke about lava and needles, but you guys basically have every imaginable type of venomous creature everywhere. On the positive side, being upside down and all, can't you just hug the ground and let him fall off the earth?

Tuck your chin, keep your elbows to yourself- let's see if the dude can attak in transition :)

I don't have any specific advice, but I do ask that you post the video - I wish to be entertained

Truth be told, it's hard to prevent a good guard puller from pulling guard if they really want to

My advice is to change your mind and decide that grappling without strikes is unrealistic. He's less likely to agree to a fight with strikes

My advice: Get better friends, and hopefully it will rub off on you. Everybody in this situation sounds like a waste of oxygen.

n3xectp4.jpg

What a silly story. You all sound like douche bags.

And if one of my drunk friends tried to "submit" me while drunk, and I didn't want to grapple at the moment, they would totally get punched in the dick ala Keith Hackney.

joe-son-punched-o.gif

I think you and your friends should just stop beating around the bush and kiss. Come out of the closet dude, its 2014, its gonna be alright.

Just kimura him and he can cry about it being a strength move.

Stupid story ever. If your going to fight this guy then fight him. Trying to schaub him is stupid and will make you look stupid.

If he is an advanced blue belt there is probably nothing you can do even with your amazing grade school wrestling skillz. If he is a new blue belt of white belt your wrestling skillz might get you through.

Whatever you do you need to engage just running around and away makes you look like more a bitch than you already are.

Actually you and your friends all sound like bitches.

sneak up behind him, hit him with a folding metal chair, then slap a camel clutch on him. game over.

I want to hear how this turns out.

Can we can a Vbookie thing going for this?

hopefully he leg locks you til it snap crackles and pops. then you both win.

My wrestling has always meant I could handle much larger untrained guys easily enough in grappling situations, but I've never grappled against an actual BJJer other than the one or two times he tried to trip me, the guard situation etc. For all I know circling and disengaging might be as foolish and easily to counter as a front headlock is to a bjjer.
Plenty of experienced grapplers here who would know if my " theories" have any real merit as a grappling defence strategy that I could pull off.

right but if you really believe you can handle people with your wrestling, such that it led to a pub argument whereby a BJJ guy claimed he could "rape you" in a grappling match, then coming on here to 'scout' your opponent is essentially a tacit acknowledgment that your wrestling is insufficient on its own.

right but if you really believe you can handle people with your wrestling, such that it led to a pub argument whereby a BJJ guy claimed he could "rape you" in a grappling match, then coming on here to 'scout' your opponent is essentially a tacit acknowledgment that your wrestling is insufficient on its own.

Eh, the issue is mainly the rules. No points, no striking, submission only? Is there a time limit? If not you got screwed.

I mean if it were a grappling match with freestyle wrestling rules then junior high wrestler could probably just wing it and win. Under the agreed rule set he probably needs to come up with a game plan ahead of time. Coming up with a game plan doesn't mean his skill set if insufficient to win. It's just smart. Happens all the time when two BJJ players fight.

Also if the totality of your wrestling/grappling experience was two years in junior high then the blue belt was right to laugh at your credentials. I'd do the same.

Last edited:
I have one thing to say to TS about wrestling his "buddy".

If you're coming on . . .

THEN COME ON!!!!

Back