Advice needed for pull day

Universal

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I know what movements I'll be doing but am not sure as to what order to place them.
For now, this is how it looks: Deads (working up to singles), Deep Squats, BOR, Highpulls, Shrugs, laying glute/ham raises, a few curls and pinch grip work.

Opinions please.
Much thanx.

If I were to pick I would do it in this order: high clean pulls, deep squats, RDL's, GHR's, BOR's, and then skip the shrugs and curls and move on to grip training.

its a pullday and yet you have no clean grip pulls? or upright rows?

1. High clean grip pulls are also called high pulls, in case you didn't know.

2. Upright rows aren't a very good exercise for strength training and they are bad for your rotator cuff.

GHRs stands for Glute/Ham Raises.

Sherddog said:
whats GHR? and chin ups are better then curls

GHR = Glute/Ham Raises. I'll already be doing rows which will eventually be alternated with wide grip pull ups. I wont be doing standard chins using a supine grip cause they are already one of my strong points. I'll be doing a bit of curling cause it is one of my weak point and I can actually wrist curl much more than I can bicep curl.
Thanx for the reply nonetheless.

yes, upright rows are not good for strength training beacuse the higher weight you go the more prone you will be to injury... for a pull day do cleans, do high pulls because you can be more explosive as well as not hurt your back by bad tequnique after that do some squats however you want to do them and make sure you work your hamstrings a lot because that is the most neglected body part in the legs, especially since most of the thngs you listed are not main hamstring workouts.

Judoka_ said:
its a pullday and yet you have no clean grip pulls? or upright rows?

I have High pulls = explosive upright rows using hip power.

chia said:
1. High clean grip pulls are also called high pulls, in case you didn't know.

2. Upright rows aren't a very good exercise for strength training and they are bad for your rotator cuff.

GHRs stands for Glute/Ham Raises.

uhh acctaully no they are not

im an olympic lifter my freind i do not need you telling me what is what.

if you know anything about the lifts you will know that the mechanics are totally diffrent also up right rows are just fine as long as you rotate your damn elbows and noobs just cannot do that

Judoka_ said:
uhh acctaully no they are not

im an olympic lifter my freind i do not need you telling me what is what.

if you know anything about the lifts you will know that the mechanics are totally diffrent also up right rows are just fine as long as you rotate your damn elbows and noobs just cannot do that

For a close grip upright row to have proper mechanics you would have to widen your grip as the bar goes up. I guess us "noobs" just cannot do that yet.

Also, "freind" please enlighten me as to what is the difference between a clean grip pull and a high clean pull, besides the fact that a clean grip pull can be pulled to various heights while a high pull is pulled high.

ok.. when you perform a clean pull you will obviously start from the ground. i would go through the steps along the way up but it gets way to technichal, so just lift the bar to your upper quad and with your quads and traps violently explode up. this is called a clean pull. no arm usage what so ever

but an upright row you must pull up using your arms. the mechanics are diffrent

Judoka_ said:
ok.. when you perform a clean pull you will obviously start from the ground. i would go through the steps along the way up but it gets way to technichal, so just lift the bar to your upper quad and with your quads and traps violently explode up. this is called a clean pull. no arm usage what so ever

but an upright row you must pull up using your arms. the mechanics are diffrent

I know the difference between an upright row and a clean pull. I was asking for the difference between a clean grip pull (pulled high) and a high pull.

Why is there no actual deadlifting?

And scratch the queerbate oly lifting.

CarnalSalvation said:

I know but it's just that the way I dead almost looks like I'm doin romanian style DL (hips real high), and I've always pulled real good this way. Works great for me. I never even do GM's but tried the other day and did 360 x5 with real good form and I for sure could've done 400 for 3-5 with solid form.
Anyways, Why no highpulls?

Universal said:
I know but it's just that the way I dead almost looks like I'm doin romanian style DL (hips real high), and I've always pulled real good this way. Works great for me. I never even do GM's but tried the other day and did 360 x5 with real good form and I for sure could've done 400 for 3-5 with solid form.
Anyways, Why no highpulls?

By GM's, you mean good mornings? 360 x 5? What the fuck? You have some sort of mutant lower back or something? That's just silly.

LOL
I do. I weigh 203 (6''1) right now, but even when I was a skinny 168 pounder I had a strong lower back and solid grip. My squat is garbage in comparison with a measly 325 x 1 but I'm working on it.
Something else that's retarded is that I Wrist curl (supine of course) a hell alot more than I can bicep curl.

CarnalSalvation said:

i remember you from along time ago on these forums back like 2 years ago.

did you not have a long absence from the site? were did you go?

chia said:
I know the difference between an upright row and a clean pull. I was asking for the difference between a clean grip pull (pulled high) and a high pull.
again its the mechanics of the pull.

clean grip high-pull is with the drive of your legs and a high pull is your arms

Universal said:
LOL
I do. I weigh 203 (6''1) right now, but even when I was a skinny 168 pounder I had a strong lower back and solid grip. My squat is garbage in comparison with a measly 325 x 1 but I'm working on it.
Something else that's retarded is that I Wrist curl (supine of course) a hell alot more than I can bicep curl.

I've never heard of anyone lifting more on good mornings than squat. You are a mutant.

Back