Advanced BJJ only: High Percentage Escape from Truck/Twister

bjjfighter1981

White Belt
Reaction score
When someone (even a whitebelt) wraps his legs around me and puts me in the truck and maintains a good grip on my legs - it seems its impossible to escape my leg. I can defend the twister and banana split and calf crank etc, no big deal, but that's it! I am stuck over there and all I can do is defend the ongoing attacks which my opponent can throw at me - without being able to escape. In a match I would be in trouble since even if my BJJ is better - if my opponent gets me in the truck - its over. He can ride me until the time runs out.

This video was of little help - did not work for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6AMOyZ5cZA

So for the more advanced guys out there - who can help me out here

Last edited:
go to a real gym and ask a legit instructor. It really sounds like you do not train as it is

go to a real gym and ask a legit instructor. It really sounds like you do not train as it is

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a sport which is constantly evolving. No coach knows everything my friend. I also do not believe whatever the coach says works for everyone. I am just trying to see what knowledge is out there.

I know a thing or two about Jiu Jitsu but when a whitebelt wraps his legs around me and puts me in the truck and maintains a good grip on my legs - it seems its impossible to escape my leg. I can defend the twister and banana split and calf crank etc, no big deal, but that's it! I am stuck over there and all I can do is defend the ongoing attacks which my opponent can throw at me - without being able to escape. In a match I would be in trouble since even if my BJJ is better - if my opponent gets me in the truck - its over. He can ride me until the time runs out.

Hahaha

No one can help you out dude. You suck. :)

What a bunch of snobs in this thread.

1. Anyways, start by knowing what you are doing to make yourself vulnerable to the truck transition. Is it from side mount, mount, back mount, which one?

2. If already in your opponents truck, vigorously defend your free leg (your leg which is not trapped in your opponents lockdown) to kick / stomp / push on your opponents lockdown to break free.

3. Ask the guys who get you in the truck.

I love it when guys think they have better BJJ than a guy who gives them troubles because they put them into vulnerable positions and spam submissions.
Good thing your BJJ is better, so you can escape. Wait. I mean, never get put there, wait. Um.

He made a thread demanding advanced belts to help him escape from a position that white belts trap him in even though he thinks his jiu jitsu is better and somehow WE'RE the snobs?

LOL.

He made a thread demanding advanced belts to help him escape from a position that white belts trap him in even though he thinks his jiu jitsu is better and somehow WE'RE the snobs?

LOL.

Wait doesn't it say that your snob? Like right above your avatar?

Wait doesn't it say that your snob? Like right above your avatar?

Quite right my good man. Nothing burns me more than the peasants trying to converse with the gentlemen.

What a bunch of snobs in this thread.

1. Anyways, start by knowing what you are doing to make yourself vulnerable to the truck transition. Is it from side mount, mount, back mount, which one?

2. If already in your opponents truck, vigorously defend your free leg (your leg which is not trapped in your opponents lockdown) to kick / stomp / push on your opponents lockdown to break free.

3. Ask the guys who get you in the truck.

Thanks man - very kind of you. Sounds like good advice.

A similar thing happens to me when I go from Drunken Aardvark to Space Ship. If I could just switch to Krypton control my jelly bean game would be unstoppable!

When someone (even a whitebelt) wraps his legs around me and puts me in the truck and maintains a good grip on my legs - it seems its impossible to escape my leg. I can defend the twister and banana split and calf crank etc, no big deal, but that's it! I am stuck over there and all I can do is defend the ongoing attacks which my opponent can throw at me - without being able to escape. In a match I would be in trouble since even if my BJJ is better - if my opponent gets me in the truck - its over. He can ride me until the time runs out.

Why do I feel like ALL of your bjj training has come directly from Jiu Jitsu Unleashed? I want to answer but I think I would be embarrassing myself since this probably wasn't a legitimate question....

brazilian jiu jitsu is the base for 10th planet, not the other way around. you were using 10th planet terms that mean nothing to people that don't use that method.

In all seriousness though if one were to avoid using 10th Planet terms, what would you call the "truck"?

This is called the leg ride in wrestling. Look it up on youtube. there are a million ways to escape this.

the thing parked in the driveway

I lol'd. To TS, think about how you get out of any bad position, first you frame, then you minimize or create space as necessary, then you move. And I'm sorry--when you're completely lost in a position, then your process should begin with first relaxing, breathing, looking around, and then you begin framing once you have your bearings and know what you want.

From the looks of it you should be able to get an under or over-hook on what should be the closest leg, pull into that, that's your frame and creation of space, eventually you should get a leg free, from there look to come up, take the back, or be ready for a tilt sweep or inverted triangle if they are moving into a single-leg.

Think about the bad spot you're in, figure out how to unwind yourself, then think about how you got into it, then unwind that, and you won't be getting caught in the position anymore, instead you'll get caught in something else, isn't grappling fun!

Back