Advanced BJJ only: High Percentage Escape from Truck/Twister

I could not care less since I know these so called trolls are actualy victims. Trolls are insecure people who have a chemical inbalance in their brain due to a lack of breast milk when they were babies. It's very sad indeed.

Strong science, bro.

Oh wait, were you trolling? I guess you were dropped on your head as a baby then. That's my science. Trolls were all dropped on their heads as a babby.

DON'T ARGUE IT! It's science. With explosions and shit.

But honestly, pretty sure in The Twister Eddie shows a match where he got a guy in the Position Soon to be Known as Truck at like, purple belt or some shit? He was going for the tweester but couldn't get it and the guy also couldn't get out of the Jeep. It can just be a difficult spot to get out of. Like the window seat on the public bus when a really elderly obese woman sits beside you and nods off while knitting. You'd just step past her to not wake her up, but all her thread gets caught on yours legs and shit cause it's in the way and you just don't have that much space between her belly and the seat. You end up kicking the guys chair in front of you a bunch and your hands are all up in their business as you try to get past this bloated old woman, you end up waking up the woman, who thinks you're trying to feel her up or steal her socks she just knit for her grandson, who has diabetes and needs special socks. She starts going off on your whacking away with her knitting back, which hurts like hell because it's full of pointy needles and shit. Then you miss your stop because of all the hassle, so you end up having to walk back 5 blocks, all just because you wanted the window seat so you could look at all the summer girls flirting past in their short skirts. What's with you boys these days and your oogling of girls in short skirts.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

He made a thread demanding advanced belts to help him escape from a position that white belts trap him in even though he thinks his jiu jitsu is better and somehow WE'RE the snobs?

LOL.

You are a snob because you come to a thread to rip on a guy that you don't even know, that is asking for an escape.

Palharas escaped from the truck when alan belcher tried to twister him. Check that out.
When I'm caught in the truck, I'm stuck. The calf crank, crotch ripper, r'n'c and the twister are a lot of things to fight off at once.
We've got one guy in our gym that twisters everyone, so I had to learn how to beat it... ill try and make a video tomorrow!

Last edited:
Strong science, bro.

Oh wait, were you trolling? I guess you were dropped on your head as a baby then. That's my science. Trolls were all dropped on their heads as a babby.

DON'T ARGUE IT! It's science. With explosions and shit.

But honestly, pretty sure in The Twister Eddie shows a match where he got a guy in the Position Soon to be Known as Truck at like, purple belt or some shit? He was going for the tweester but couldn't get it and the guy also couldn't get out of the Jeep. It can just be a difficult spot to get out of. Like the window seat on the public bus when a really elderly obese woman sits beside you and nods off while knitting. You'd just step past her to not wake her up, but all her thread gets caught on yours legs and shit cause it's in the way and you just don't have that much space between her belly and the seat. You end up kicking the guys chair in front of you a bunch and your hands are all up in their business as you try to get past this bloated old woman, you end up waking up the woman, who thinks you're trying to feel her up or steal her socks she just knit for her grandson, who has diabetes and needs special socks. She starts going off on your whacking away with her knitting back, which hurts like hell because it's full of pointy needles and shit. Then you miss your stop because of all the hassle, so you end up having to walk back 5 blocks, all just because you wanted the window seat so you could look at all the summer girls flirting past in their short skirts. What's with you boys these days and your oogling of girls in short skirts.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

Best post of the year so far in sherdog.

Palharas escaped from the truck when alan belcher tried to twister him. Check that out.
When I'm caught in the truck, I'm stuck. The calf crank, crotch ripper, r'n'c and the twister are a lot of things to fight off at once.
We've got one guy in our gym that twisters everyone, so I had to learn how to beat it... ill try and make a video tomorrow!

I COMPLETELY agree with this part: When I'm caught in the truck, I'm stuck. The calf crank, crotch ripper, r'n'c and the twister are a lot of things to fight off at once.

There is just so much from there. Very kind of you of taking the time to make a video. I look forward to seeing it.

If someone is good enough to put me into "truck position" I would expect them to be able to finish me also. If your BJJ is better, how do the white belts get into the position?

If a white belt gets me in a fully locked triangle, how do I escape?

If someone is good enough to put me into "truck position" I would expect them to be able to finish me also. If your BJJ is better, how do the white belts get into the position?

same way you escape if any belt color gets you locked into a triangle that you can't get out of, you tap.

I put myself in that position. Class was over and the coach told us we could hang out on the mat if we wanted to and one of the guys approached me and said if he could try something out so I let him and then to my suprise I was stuck. I could not escape my leg.

I kid you prodigies out there not (I am guessing we have a lot of super talents here since a lot of people think a good BJJ guy should easily escape this position) to try it for yourselves - ask a good white belt or a blue belt to put you in the truck/leg ride/or whatever name you want to call it and hold your arm and see how fast you can escape. I think a lot of people will be suprise how tricky it is to freeing your trapped leg if the other guy has a good lockdown.

Last edited:
I put myself in that position. Class was over and the coach told us we could hang out on the mat if we wanted to and one of the guys approached me and said if he could try something out so I let him and then to my suprise I was stuck. I could not escape my leg.

I kid you prodigies out there not (I am guessing we have a lot of super talents here since a lot of people think a good BJJ guy should easily escape this position) to try it for yourselves - ask a good white belt or a blue belt to put you in the truck/leg ride/or whatever name you want to call it and hold your arm and see how fast you can escape. I think a lot of people will be suprise how tricky it is to freeing your trapped leg if the other guy has a good lockdown.

Since nobody takes this thread seriously, lemme give this another shot:

How are you trying to escape the position?

First of all, you need to push his elbow and start freeing the leg (starting with the knee if he is hugging the thigh) that he is controlling with his arms, then scoot your ass down to the mat. If your hips are on top of his, then he is controlling you. Now you can use your free leg to remove the lockdown, and you are in a back control defense scenario, defending against a single hook. If you want to be real smooth, you can then invert, grab his knee and hip, switch your knee position on his hooking leg and put him in the 'truck' instead. (See Ryan Hall's rolling back take DVD.)

Now, obviously, this is not going to be easy, because just as you're trying to undo everything he has done, he can re-do it as you try to escape. This is just how it is, as it happens to be a very dominant position. It is after all a form of back control.

My training partner with the sick twister wasnt at class this morning. If i catch him tomorrow ill make a video of my twister defense from multiple positions. I made this lil "system" up on my own so itll be cool to see you guys try it.

Since nobody takes this thread seriously, lemme give this another shot:

How are you trying to escape the position?

First of all, you need to push his elbow and start freeing the leg (starting with the knee if he is hugging the thigh) that he is controlling with his arms, then scoot your ass down to the mat. If your hips are on top of his, then he is controlling you. Now you can use your free leg to remove the lockdown, and you are in a back control defense scenario, defending against a single hook. If you want to be real smooth, you can then invert, grab his knee and hip, switch your knee position on his hooking leg and put him in the 'truck' instead. (See Ryan Hall's rolling back take DVD.)

Now, obviously, this is not going to be easy, because just as you're trying to undo everything he has done, he can re-do it as you try to escape. This is just how it is, as it happens to be a very dominant position. It is after all a form of back control.

Thank you - the tips everyone gave me really helped me a lot

I love all this 10th planet hate. Keep being ignorant thinking 10p moves do not work because they are outside of the box, when u get caught in a tournament and have to tap because you failed to drill these technique due to ignorance we will laugh :)

I believe this is an exact quote from the latest 10th Planet member to win Nogi Worlds and ADCC.

This is called the leg ride in wrestling. Look it up on youtube. there are a million ways to escape this.

not realllllly. Last time i checked one does not leg ride from flat on ones back. Leg ride is one of the entries into, but not the only.

And I would probably just call it a rolling back-take.

Back