Advanced BJJ only: High Percentage Escape from Truck/Twister

I love all this 10th planet hate. Keep being ignorant thinking 10p moves do not work because they are outside of the box, when u get caught in a tournament and have to tap because you failed to drill these technique due to ignorance we will laugh :)

I love all this 10th planet hate. Keep being ignorant thinking 10p moves do not work because they are outside of the box, when u get caught in a tournament and have to tap because you failed to drill these technique due to ignorance we will laugh :)

i don't hate 10th planet, i use some of the methods in 10th planet during practice, but i feel that i should have a base in bjj before i use solely 10thpjj

This is called the leg ride in wrestling. Look it up on youtube. there are a million ways to escape this.

So if you were coaching someone and told them to leg ride they would go to that position that sets up twisters and the such?

I call it a 'hip crucifix' when taking notes. Can't stand nonsensical terminology like the 10th Planet lingo.

If a damn karate guy shows me a legit ground move I will learn it and be aware of it. Not knowing something that could catch you due to ignorance is well.. Ignorant.

So if you were coaching someone and told them to leg ride they would go to that position that sets up twisters and the such?

the twister is called guillotine in wrestling. look it up on youtube. there are a million defense against it.

If a damn karate guy shows me a legit ground move I will learn it and be aware of it. Not knowing something that could catch you due to ignorance is well.. Ignorant.

This is the ONLY 100% non trolling comment in this entire thread.

This is the ONLY 100% non trolling comment in this entire thread.

Thanks sir. You may not like or agree with certain techniques but Atleast be aware of them so you don't get caught. That would be like me only doing 10p techniques and forgetting anything anyone else teaches. That's stupid. With a constant evolving sport you need to be aware of everything.

The immaturity of the majority of posts on this thread reminds me of why I rarely post here. That said, I'm a purple belt and whenever someone who really knows the "truck" or whatever you want to call it gives me trouble.

I've never been taught any formal escapes to this position, and while I have a few tricks up my sleeve I use when caught there (the best defense is don't allow yourself to be put in this position), I too would be interested to hear the thoughts of the non-trolls here on reliable escapes/counters from the "truck".

Thanks sir. You may not like or agree with certain techniques but Atleast be aware of them so you don't get caught. That would be like me only doing 10p techniques and forgetting anything anyone else teaches. That's stupid. With a constant evolving sport you need to be aware of everything.

10th Planet doesn't invent jack. 10th Planet gives ludicrous names to moves that already exist. Nino Schembri invented the rubber guard and actually used those setups in high level competition (though he wasn't silly enough to base his whole game around one decent omoplata setup) years before Eddie, the truck has been around in wrestling as a leg ride for years (which is probably where Eddie got it from), as has the twister/wrestler's guillotine. His half guard game is basically just everything he learned from JJ Machado, just renamed in a silly manner. We all practice 10th Planet stuff about as much as it deserves, which is to say relatively little. You'd be hard pressed to find a competitive purple belt anywhere who didn't have some answers to the most common '10th Planet' moves. Every school emphasizes certain moves and strategies over others, but they don't feel the need for the endless and annoying re-branding. It would be like if the Mendes brothers named their DLR game after cookies and every move was given a stupid cookie related name...though of course they actually win tournaments with their specialized game so I guess it's an incomplete analogy.

The immaturity of the majority of posts on this thread reminds me of why I rarely post here. That said, I'm a purple belt and whenever someone who really knows the "truck" or whatever you want to call it gives me trouble.

I've never been taught any formal escapes to this position, and while I have a few tricks up my sleeve I use when caught there (the best defense is don't allow yourself to be put in this position), I too would be interested to hear the thoughts of the non-trolls here on reliable escapes/counters from the "truck".

Nicely said - I reported one comment way in the beginning of the guy who so intelligently said that I sucked after I simply asked a question and last time I checked - that's what forums are for? - hopefully Sherdog will do something about this since this kind of behaviour will discourage others who have legitimate questions to post them out of fear of getting attacked. I could not care less since I know these so called trolls are actualy victims. Trolls are insecure people who have a chemical inbalance in their brain due to a lack of breast milk when they were babies. It's very sad indeed.

Thanks everyone who actually shared their knowledge. For me it is really a difficult position to escape and at our academy we do not do a lot of this stuff. I am one who like some said - am interested in knowing as much as I can and I do respect all BJJ - regardless of who invented it. If it works it works and I want to know everything there is to know about something that works.

If you guys can post some videos it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
the twister is called guillotine in wrestling. look it up on youtube. there are a million defense against it.
In eddie bravos book it says he knows this and is where he got it from, it was jj machado who kept calling it twister thing and so eddie took the name

10th Planet doesn't invent jack. 10th Planet gives ludicrous names to moves that already exist. Nino Schembri invented the rubber guard and actually used those setups in high level competition (though he wasn't silly enough to base his whole game around one decent omoplata setup) years before Eddie, the truck has been around in wrestling as a leg ride for years (which is probably where Eddie got it from), as has the twister/wrestler's guillotine. His half guard game is basically just everything he learned from JJ Machado, just renamed in a silly manner. We all practice 10th Planet stuff about as much as it deserves, which is to say relatively little. You'd be hard pressed to find a competitive purple belt anywhere who didn't have some answers to the most common '10th Planet' moves. Every school emphasizes certain moves and strategies over others, but they don't feel the need for the endless and annoying re-branding. It would be like if the Mendes brothers named their DLR game after cookies and every move was given a stupid cookie related name...though of course they actually win tournaments with their specialized game so I guess it's an incomplete analogy.

all im saying is just because someone thinks rubberguard or the truck doesnt work and chooses not to KNOW IT so they can properly defend it is stupid. if it is out there in competition and you may have to defend against it you should learn it.

im not here to say 10p named this or named that or invented anything.

why do 99% of 10th planet dudes roll the same, you guys don't seem to do shit outside an Eddie Bravo book

all im saying is just because someone thinks rubberguard or the truck doesnt work and chooses not to KNOW IT so they can properly defend it is stupid. if it is out there in competition and you may have to defend against it you should learn it.

Fair enough. Rubber guard especially you should have an answer to, because if you've never encountered it before it can be very tricky. I actually really like rolling back takes from a lot of positions, but unless you come up with a move that allows me to clap my hands thrice and break someone's knee I'm not calling it 'the vaporizer'. And I like to smoke.

why do 99% of 10th planet dudes roll the same, you guys don't seem to do shit outside an Eddie Bravo book

You're barking up the wrong tree directing that question to 10thPlanetRoc. Do a youtube search of 10th Planet Rochester and come back and report your findings.

i havent rolled with many outside the gym besides tournaments but i dont know what you mean by that. i try to learn from outside sources and rep those moves into my arsenal as well.

I used to find it annoying when I'd ask my Brazilian instructor the name of a move and he'd jus shrug and say it doesn't have a name.

Surely that's arrogant. Not even beng able to cross reference certain techniques. It's not very organised. And for a lot of ppl that's fine, they are able to learn with or without that degree of organisation, the cues in naming certain steps in a transition or other technique are not of use to them, personally.

But we all learn differently. There was a really interesting thread on here not long ago about how different people learn through different means. Our minds tune in to various frequency, some people learn more and focus better when background music is playing for instance.
So if there's a proportion of people who like to have steps named and listed and that helps their development as a grappler then it doesn't hurt to recognise this. Rather than the shrug of the shoulders and muttering of some cryptic shit which ain't helping anyone learn a damn thing.

It's out there in competition, but it's not like it's doing much. I have zero ability out of rubber guard and truck, yet I've never been submitted by a 10P guy in competition or when I've visited their schools.

You definitely don't need to know 10P jiujitsu to defend against it, solid grappling works fine.

Back