• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Adesanya or Whittaker - Were you impressed by their performance?

Were you impressed by their performance?

• Total voters
I was not impressed by their performance

Nw2vWl8.gif

I was impressed with Izzy the most. It was a great fight for anyone that loves a striking chess match. People complaining that it was boring are just a bunch of fucking casuals that have never fought a day in their life tbh.

Both fighters were displaying very high fight IQ but Israel is just a tad faster and slippier than Bobby. Both men were trying to take each other out. This is a game of hit and nor get hit. Sure, a good old fashioned brawl is fun, but I was very entertained tonight.

Standard boring Izzy fight. It's laughable thinking back at people complaining about Silva Maia when every other Izzy fight is similar to that.

It was a game of both just trying to do enough to win without taking much risk. Not much urgency from either one and the level wasn't overly impressive. Given their physical differences it will always be a difficult fight for Rob.

Whittaker will never be champ again unless Izzy retires or decides to move up.

Didn't watch so not impressed tbh ngl imo tbh.

Impressed by both. Easy showing that they are 2 top guys and nobody else is close, at least from the known top 10 guys. New blood is coming i guess.

i thought rob looked better prepared and stuck to a gameplan. he also overcame the first round knockdown and rallied well.

had he done this the first time, he probably wouldn't have lost.

izzy looked ok, didnt want to push the pace unless he had rob hurt. his grappling still needs work but luckily there isn't any real threats at 85.

id like to see a third match personally.
Think the first round knock down is vastly overrated. Rob was standing on one leg and shelled up when the punch went through his guard. Think it had more to do with him being off balanced than being rocked. Basically if he was standing on both feet, he wouldn't have fell down from the punch.

Back