Adesanya jumps Weidman into top 5 haha

https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/4/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-149539

20190211100358_Rankings_Header_MW.PNG

I have Rockhold a little lower due to inactivity the past few years (1-2 since 2016 with a win over former-top ten Branch) but otherwise it's hard to argue these SD rankings. I think I have Santos moving out of these since he's firmly at LHW now.
Bah god awful list

Clearly the fight to make. Israel may want to wait, but he'll be forced to take another fight before he gets a title shot. Anderson was promised a title shot. Israel wasn't.

That's crazy. He deserves to be over adesanya!!! He lost to #s 1, 2, & 3, while beating Gastelum #4. Hes a former champ.

Israel beat anderson and brunson , cmon
i think this losing a fight thing needs to have a rule, if you lose regardless of ranking in placement, you drop 3 spots in the rankings.

we have always seen a fighter just drop to number 1 contender after losing a title shot or losing the belt, thats bullshit. need to drop more each fight. and rank back up by winning.

also i dont think gastelum was ranked 4 when he faced weidman.

i was just saying why i think weidman shouldnt be top 5 and not really acknowledging izzy entering it.

Imagine Israel going against any of the top5 in a 5 round fight
<36>

<6>
<31>

<StillMyBoy>

Theodorou would fuck Romero up. (Not really tho)

Theodorou is 8-2 in the UFC so pretty good tbh people just haters. Would be good to see him someone ranked a bit higher.
Yeah I don't see anyone below the top 8 or so beating him. Which is unfortunate, because he is not very fun to watch.

Getting ktfo in 4 of your last 5, and still being ranked #6, is overrated. Going 1-3 in your homestate is overrated. Could you even imagine Aldo with a losing record in Brazil? 9-10 years ago, going 1-4 at any point would've been an automatic expulsion from the top 10 by most rankings. At most, Chris should be #9 or #10 right now.

Weidman is lucky to still be in the top 10.

Weidman has lost to only to top ranked guys. He is now obviosuly ranked below all of the guys he has been beaten by. Not sure what your problem with his ranking is. How in the world would it make any sense for any sense for any of the guys that are behind him in the ranking (e.g. Brunson, Tavares, Cannonier, etc.) to jump ahead of him?

Dana White: Make sure Izzy is in the Top 5 in the rankings now so a title fight won't seem too much out of order

How the fuck Weidman was in top 5 after going 1 in 5 and with 4TKO losses is beyond me.

He jumps Weidman by decisioning a guy Weidman has already finished twice?

Still My Boy must be fuming with the overrated Israel ranked above him.

MIDDLEWEIGHT
Champion: Robert Whittaker
1 Yoel Romero
2 Luke Rockhold
3 Jacare Souza
4 Kelvin Gastelum
5 Israel Adesanya +1
6 Chris Weidman -1
7 Paulo Costa
8 Derek Brunson
9 Jared Cannonier
10 Brad Tavares
11 David Branch
12 Antonio Carlos Junior
13 Uriah Hall
14 Elias Theodorou
15 Anderson Silva

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/2/12/13302038/ufc-234-rankings-israel-adesanya-mma
How the heck is Brunson 8 when Anderson whooped him lol

Israel last few fights

-Silva
-Brunson
-Tavares
-vettori
-Wilkinson

The Chris last few fights

-jacare
-kelvin
-Gerard
-Yoel
-Luke
-vitor
-machida

How the fuck Weidman was in top 5 after going 1 in 5 and with 4TKO losses is beyond me.

Yep, it honestly baffles me why people were talking about him as if he was in tittle contention when the fight between Kelvin and Whittaker was made.

Weidman has lost to only to top ranked guys. He is now obviosuly ranked below all of the guys he has been beaten by. Not sure what your problem with his ranking is. How in the world would it make any sense for any sense for any of the guys that are behind him in the ranking (e.g. Brunson, Tavares, Cannonier, etc.) to jump ahead of him?
Because he’s 1-4 in the past 3/4 years. That’s why he shouldn’t be ranked in top 5 and maybe not even top 10. If the Patriots go 2-14 next season. They don’t make the playoffs because they did well this year. Get it?

How the fuck does beating someone ranked 10 below you move you up?

Fucking retarded.
It doesn't make you move up.

It makes that fella above you move down.

Look it from the perspective 'Weidman dropped' (rightfully so).

Rockhold is looking for a fight at light heavyweight. He also has one top 10 victory in last 3 fucking years! Let that sink fucking in.

When was the last time Romero had a middleweight bout? Basically, two years ago (first Whittaker fight), and that's a loss. Romero's last win is November 2016!!!! Why he's sitting at the #1 I don't fucking know. It makes no sense.

Thrdly, Weidman is like 1-4 in his last 5. Congrats, you have beat Gastelum when he was #8... Other than that, Weidman has no top 5 wins for a very long time (Vitor Belfort the last one). That's pretty sad if he's still ranked in the top 5.

Jacare beat Weidman and that's his argument for being in top 5, which is ok.

Adesanya has beat #6 Brunson, #8 Tavares and #15 Anderson (MW GOAT), he has 5-0 in last 12 months and is active more than anyone else on the planet. Jacare also refused to fight Israel.

Real rankings should look like this:
#1 Gastelum
#2 Adesanya
#3 Jacare
#4 Romero
#5 Rockhold (until he beats somebody at LHW)
#6 Weidman
Your ranking doesn't only depend on your status, but status of others!

Last edited:
Back