Adesanya jumps Weidman into top 5 haha

What...the...fuck?

MW is a mess...gahdamn!

Ultra competitive divisions + endless strings of injuries, rematches, and rescheduling has just about every divisional rankings list look like utter horseshit.

Perfect time to be a fight fan and a terrible time to be a rankings and stat junkie.

Anderson Silva's prime / before Marquardt and Hendo matches, and all the time before then was the last time rankings and stats could fool people into losing debates or w/e people do with stats and rankings...which can end up being meaningless in a combat sport once they evolve from their infancy, which is just now happening for our beautiful, weird, still learning and still so very young sport.

It has become much more about the PPV than legit rankings. Dana, "we have to get Isreal as high as possible to make it seem legit for title". I might add it is kinda a fun mess. Somethings going to happen soon bro. Any fight in the top 7 or so is fun & compelling. With Isreal, if he is the next thing cool, if he gets knocked out maybe even cooler. Win, win.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/4/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-149539

20190211100358_Rankings_Header_MW.PNG

I have Rockhold a little lower due to inactivity the past few years (1-2 since 2016 with a win over former-top ten Branch) but otherwise it's hard to argue these SD rankings. I think I have Santos moving out of these since he's firmly at LHW now.

I feel like it has Kelvin too high, I like the rest.

Long overdue for Chris to be out of the top 5, guy hasn't put together a winning streak since 2015 and is 1-4 in his last 5 with all 4 losses by (T)KO

Issue is that winning streak from 2015 was his entire career.

He also finished Gastelum since then and he's only lost to the top guys in the division.

If they lost, why does it matter? Anybody on earth could also fight those guys and lose.

So weidman beating silva twice in his prime < adesanya getting handed a win by a payed off silva that he couldn't finish with his hands down standing in front of him, makes sense.

So weidman beating silva twice in his prime < adesanya getting handed a win by a payed off silva that he couldn't finish with his hands down standing in front of him, makes sense.
You realize both of those fights were over 5 years ago, right?

Adesanya fanboys are in for a rude awakening when he fights any top guy with grappling.

Going from old man Silva to fighting Whittaker for 5 rounds?

Solid plan

People should not dismiss Weidman in this context. He lost to top dudes who would put Adesanya in a coma.

Why the everliving fuck was Chris "1-4 Skid" Weidman even in the Top Five to begin with

giphy.gif

I mean, he didn't just lose 4 times, he got WRECKED 4 times.

Why the everliving fuck was Chris "1-4 Skid" Weidman even in the Top Five to begin with

giphy.gif

I mean, he didn't just lose 4 times, he got WRECKED 4 times.
Because he's only lost to the elite. I'd like to see how Palestine Adesanya does against Yoel (ranked #1), Mousasi (Bellator champ), Jacare (ranked #3) and Rockhold (Former champ, ranked #2). Any of these opponents is two times better than anything that Palestine has faced.

Long overdue for Chris to be out of the top 5, guy hasn't put together a winning streak since 2015 and is 1-4 in his last 5 with all 4 losses by (T)KO

And even in his one win ... he was getting schooled.

He won mainly thanks to being a high level wrestler against a much smaller opponent.
Stylistically ... should have been an easy fight except it wasn't.

Weidman still looked like a top guy and a threat in all his loses and the Gastelum win looks good ... I’d rather him be in the top 6 or 7 over someone on a winning streak , but over far weaker opposition

Chris didn't belong in the top 5 anyways, he's won only 1 fight on since losing the MW title. He should have never accepted the immediate rematch with Rockhold, which was unwarranted in the first place. He'll never touch gold again, just another casualty of accepting/fighting/begging for immediate rematches.

well it would be silly if chris was still in the top five having lost to 3 of them.

That's crazy. He deserves to be over adesanya!!! He lost to #s 1, 2, & 3, while beating Gastelum #4. Hes a former champ.

Israel beat anderson and brunson , cmon

Back