Adesanya Barely Survived Against a 170lb Wrestler

Plus Stephen Thompson sparked him. At least Adesanya beat the last Welterweight he fought.
Man you just look ignorant when you don't do your research. Whittaker beat the last WW he fought, Mike Rhodes, his last WW bout before moving up and going on a tear at MW.

What do you think Whitaker is gonna do to him? This is gonna be one of the most lopsided beat downs we have ever seen.
you dumbass bahaha fuckin casual ass fans are the worst. Go watch all of Whittakers fights before you post some stupid shit like this thread

Man you just look ignorant when you don't do your research. Whittaker beat the last WW he fought, Mike Rhodes, his last WW bout before moving up and going on a tear at MW.

"At least Adesanya beat the last Welterweight he fought"

Never said Whittaker didn't also win at Welterweight...

Robert Whittaker is a 170 lb striker who lost to and almost got killed by a middle-aged wrestler.

Israel sparks him in a pure striking fight.

Only realistic path for victory for Robert is to mix it up and use offensive wrestling.

Something tells me that Robert is a much better wrestler than most of us have imagined.
this

Downplaying Kelvin as a 170lber is dumb. He drops everyone and is always game, he could be champ.

What do you think Whitaker is gonna do to him? This is gonna be one of the most lopsided beat downs we have ever seen.
Izzy will win if he point fights. Otherwise KO by Whittaker.

News flash: Fighters can move up in weight and put on muscle. Robert Whittaker is a legit middleweight, but he used to fight at 170. Gastelum is also a legit middleweight now. Anthony Smith is a legit light heavyweight.

Can we all agree to stop this bullshit about fighters that used to fight in a lower weight class. By this logic Anthony Johnson is a blown up welterweight that weighs 285. The ONLY time it's okay to call someone a lower weight fighter, is when they first move up in weight. So Jon Jones did beat 185ers in Belfort and Sonnen, both of whom moved directly from 185 to a 205 title shot. But that's it.

I really wish people would stop doing this. Once a fighter has fought a few times in a division and filled out, he/she now belong in that division.

izzy will finish Whittaker.

Whittaker is a 170 lb wrestler
206lb wrestler technically

I think his gameplan will be different this fight.

Let’s see how good Izzy’s striking looks against someone with a td threat incoming.

It will look like Silva Wiedman imo.

LOL barely, Izzy beat the snot out of Kelvin and it wasn't even close. And no Kelvin is not wrestler, he has a background but hasn't applied it since like TUF

News flash: Fighters can move up in weight and put on muscle. Robert Whittaker is a legit middleweight, but he used to fight at 170. Gastelum is also a legit middleweight now. Anthony Smith is a legit light heavyweight.

Can we all agree to stop this bullshit about fighters that used to fight in a lower weight class. By this logic Anthony Johnson is a blown up welterweight that weighs 285. The ONLY time it's okay to call someone a lower weight fighter, is when they first move up in weight. So Jon Jones did beat 185ers in Belfort and Sonnen, both of whom moved directly from 185 to a 205 title shot. But that's it.

I really wish people would stop doing this. Once a fighter has fought a few times in a division and filled out, he/she now belong in that division.
“Reem is a blown up LHW”
Anderson is a blown up WW
Etc etc

206lb wrestler technically

I think his gameplan will be different this fight.

Let’s see how good Izzy’s striking looks against someone with a td threat incoming.

It will look like Silva Wiedman imo.

I'm using TS's logic obviously

Adesanya has finished 2 of his 6 UFC opponents.
I don't expect Whittaker to be his 3rd.

Adesanya should have had to beat someone better than fat Kelvin, old Anderson and Brunson to get a title fight. I've no idea how good he is but I suspect Whittaker is better.

Agreed. I wasn't impressed by Adesaya's striking again Kelvin. Whittaker's movement and striking is much better IMO but doesn't hit as hard I suspect.

Kelvin is a wrestler like Chuck Liddell was a wrestler.

A huge size advantage? You realize he and Yoel are like a centimeter apart in height and Yoel had issues making weight right? Are you talking about the bout that fell through with Gastelum?
I mean I was referring to adesanya being very lanky compared to short Gastelum who used to be at we
A huge size advantage? You realize he and Yoel are like a centimeter apart in height and Yoel had issues making weight right? Are you talking about the bout that fell through with Gastelum?
lol no I simply wrote this in error trying to defend Gastelum and adesanya. I do actually feel Whittaker WON’T run through him, and that it will be a competitive fight. I’m going with Izzy to win it

Back