Adesanya Barely Survived Against a 170lb Wrestler

Downplaying Kelvin as a 170lber is dumb. He drops everyone and is always game, he could be champ.
Nobody is sleeping on him except idiots

Kelvin is a tough fight for anyone at 185

Something both Adesanya and Whittaker acknowledged

He's also got some of the better hands in mma at this point

The same people talking shit about how he's this 170 pound fat wrestler are the same ones saying he was gonna expose Israel / end the hype train

They're idiots

Agreed. I wasn't impressed by Adesaya's striking again Kelvin. Whittaker's movement and striking is much better IMO but doesn't hit as hard I suspect.
Don't think you were paying attention then
The contrast in their body types, Adesanya being a tall lanky fighter

Kelvin being a short stocky guy with solid hands provided an interesting stylistic threat for him compared to most other opponents he might face on the feet

Even then, Kelvin provided a threat but he was completely dominated and barely hit him

Last edited:
Kelvin is one of the toughest fighters in the sport,ya idiot

News flash: Fighters can move up in weight and put on muscle. Robert Whittaker is a legit middleweight, but he used to fight at 170. Gastelum is also a legit middleweight now. Anthony Smith is a legit light heavyweight.

Can we all agree to stop this bullshit about fighters that used to fight in a lower weight class. By this logic Anthony Johnson is a blown up welterweight that weighs 285. The ONLY time it's okay to call someone a lower weight fighter, is when they first move up in weight. So Jon Jones did beat 185ers in Belfort and Sonnen, both of whom moved directly from 185 to a 205 title shot. But that's it.

I really wish people would stop doing this. Once a fighter has fought a few times in a division and filled out, he/she now belong in that division.
This sort of logic is almost always used by idiots who are just trying to discredit a fighter they don't like or are biased against

Easier to just find ways to shit on a guy when you lack the knowledge to break down the fights

I can't wait to see what the excuses are once Adesanya completely starches Whittaker. Even then people will probably jump on the Costa hype train.

What do you think Whitaker is gonna do to him? This is gonna be one of the most lopsided beat downs we have ever seen.
Member dat time Whittaker lost to WW superstar Court McGee?

How the F is that guy ever gonna be MW champion?

GlassCircularAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

<Kpop775>
EnergeticCharmingAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif

<Oku02>

FastRequiredBlobfish-size_restricted.gif

<{1-69}>

What do you think Whitaker is gonna do to him? This is gonna be one of the most lopsided beat downs we have ever seen.
I thought that fight was at 185.

And gastellum is a good fighter. You should watch more mma.

Hopefully after this fight, "Adesanya" will become "Ade-seeya"!
:mad:

Eh, he had a tough fight with him for sure. But the end of rd 5 he was absolutely hammering on Kelvin and likely wasn't far from getting a finish the way he was falling all over the place. Kelvin is a tough talented dude. Short, sure. But them hands are lightning.

So since he "barely survived" against a "170lb" Wrestle Boxer who he beat 48-46 across the board that means a Wrestle Boxer with 3 times as many 170 fights is going to destroy him?

Lol, do you even logic bro.... How can you call Kelvin a "170lber" while at the same time ignore the fact the guy you are hyping up has almost the same amount of career fights as Kelvin with close to 3x as many of them being at 170?

Actually never mind, I see what you mean now. If he "barely survived" Kelvin what chance does he have of surviving an even Weltier Welterweight..... Lol.

In the immortal words of Will Farell in the other guys "I bet that didn't go the way you expected", haha.

Bobby is too damaged from both Romero wars and had a long lay off. And Izzy is better.

Eh, he had a tough fight with him for sure. But the end of rd 5 he was absolutely hammering on Kelvin and likely wasn't far from getting a finish the way he was falling all over the place. Kelvin is a tough talented dude. Short, sure. But them hands are lightning.
Yeah, and on top of that he has a third as many WW fights as Whitaker does which clearly the TS failed to take into account before making this brilliant thread, lol.

Sure, Robert may well win the fight and being of that opinion is perfectly reasonable but for the whole of your analysis as to why to boil down to "because he barely beat a 170lb Wrestler" is asinine, especially in this case.

Expect this thread to be bumped should Robert win with the TS acting like this is some brilliant technical breakdown too, lol.

Anyone saying Kelvin was sloppy or still underrating him after that fight needs to go on Youtube and watch one of the breakdowns so they can understand what they were witnessing. Not only was that one of the GOAT fights, it was one of the best striking chess matches we've seen in MMA from a technical standpoint.
Preach
dm_180912_nba_nick_young_famous_missed_3.jpg

Robert Whittaker is a 170 lb striker who lost to and almost got killed by a middle-aged wrestler.

Israel sparks him in a pure striking fight.

Only realistic path for victory for Robert is to mix it up and use offensive wrestling.

Something tells me that Robert is a much better wrestler than most of us have imagined.

This

fuk genderbender

WAR Robert

I'm not really sold in Adesanya yet. I'm pretty confident Whittaker will embarrass him.

Whittaker got wrecked by the last tall kickboxer he faced, in b4 karate nerds tell me Adesanya and Wonderboy are sooo different in style it has no bearing on the fight.

That was 10 fights and almost 6 years ago, bro. Or are supposed to believe that Whittaker hasn't improved by leaps and bounds since then?

Back