Adesanya Barely Survived Against a 170lb Wrestler

What do you think Whitaker is gonna do to him? This is gonna be one of the most lopsided beat downs we have ever seen.
Whittaker also fought at WW.

Why did you make this hater thread?

What do you think Whitaker is gonna do to him? This is gonna be one of the most lopsided beat downs we have ever seen.

Don't besmirch Kelvin. Whittaker lost to Court McGee at 170. It's possible for fighters to improve. Both guys are beasts at 185.

Before the Kelvin fight I thought Israel was a horrible matchup for Whittaker but not anymore, fat Kelvin was able to land some good shots and had Israel in serious trouble in the 4th round. Whittaker is faster and is better at closing distance than Kelvin and also has more diverse striking arsenal.

Whittaker should go hard on the calf kicks just like Santos was on Jones. If he can stunt Izzy's mobility he could easily get in close and hurt him.

I disagree.

31cc53af6d53de068c91e89ab4fcc9a1
Izzy by KO in first round, the layoff Whittaker has taken will be his downfall
Robert Whittaker is a 170 lb striker who lost to and almost got killed by a middle-aged wrestler.

Israel sparks him in a pure striking fight.

Only realistic path for victory for Robert is to mix it up and use offensive wrestling.

Something tells me that Robert is a much better wrestler than most of us have imagined.
I like how you imply Kelvin is some sort of scrub

Pretty fucking stupid of you
Eh

I do think its a little absurd that izzy acts like he has ran thru everyone when he was seconds away from getting finished multiple times by a guy throwing sloppy overhands all night lol.

Gastelums legit imo and Whittaker won’t be enjoying a huge size advantage
A huge size advantage? You realize he and Yoel are like a centimeter apart in height and Yoel had issues making weight right? Are you talking about the bout that fell through with Gastelum?

I want Bobby to take it, but I'm honestly not sure. Izzy is slick as fuck.

Also, why are we pretending that Kelvin is a blown up WW. Dude is super legit, and might have the best boxing at MW.

Yeah, no way Bobby has improved in any way in the last 5 1/2 years either.

Thank you! I hate people that say “ fighter x lost to fighter y 8 years ago in a different weight class, so now fighter x can never beat anyone similar to fighter y for the rest of his career. “

This is the top level MMA. If these guys aren’t getting better they would get left in the dust. Robert honestly looks so much better at MW, I think he plows wonderbread now.

A wrestler who has probably the best pure boxing in the division, and who hasn’t used a grappling heavy game plan since his TUF days when he was 20...

Ban

Hard to be certain of much, but I'd be very surprised if Israel won by KO. Very.

Whittaker is 10/10 tough.

Robert Whittaker is a 170 lb striker who lost to and almost got killed by a middle-aged wrestler.

Only realistic path for victory for Robert is to mix it up and use offensive wrestling.

Something tells me that Robert is a much better wrestler than most of us have imagined.
Robert is a great wrestler in terms of TDD and he has the tape to back it up. Knuckles surely has the wrestling advantage but I expect him to stand with Izzy. I see a war incoming. Also rooting for Whittaker even though I think SB is much more well rounded than most people think.

styles make fights, adesanya is just a bad match up for bobby knuckles.

i'd love to see whittaker take this, but i have a feeling izzy is going to put him to sleep.

I think his hands are under rated anyway, Whittaker has some great hands, and Izzy needs to hespect them or he will for sure get caught. His hands are wayyy slicker than Gastelums, they even look good in this old footage

Eh

I do think its a little absurd that izzy acts like he has ran thru everyone when he was seconds away from getting finished multiple times by a guy throwing sloppy overhands all night lol.
I agree with your overall premise but KG is a slick/elusive/striker with quick hands and power or maybe we watched a different fight.{<huh}KG isn't sloppy...

Wasn't he like the Australian equivalent of an all American in wrestling?

Vettori most likely beat him too.
Adesanya is just a terrible hype job about to be derailed by Bobby Knuckles

They’re style are so different in style it has no bearing on the fight.

Each fight is different and has no bearing on the next fight.

I got whittaker all day in this fight but Kelvin is no 170lbs Wrestler, this needs to stop, it's like saying Anthony Johnson is a 170 fighter, he clearly isn't but that's where he started.
Kelvin struggles making 185 these days.

Back