• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Active US Air Force member self-immolates outside Israel Embassy in Washington

obligatory

giphy.gif

The Palestinians have their suicide bombers ready!

orc.gif

Last edited:
From a logical standpoint, his actions should not affect how you think about the situation. Even with what you said, that you would think differently about it and more deeply now, frankly you shouldn’t. That’s just emotional manipulation and a literal logical fallacy.

All he did was draw attention to a situation. He made no actual argument for his case.
This is the kind of arrogance in one's positions that I simply cannot comprehend... Genuinely man, how arrogant are you if you think that 7 billion people on the planet should not rethink their position at all because of what this guy did?

I don't think you realize how profoundly arrogant and self-centered a position like that is. And I am granting you here that you personally shouldn't change your position on anything because of it.... But to assume that nobody should be moved by what this man did and reconsider their positions and see things differently isn't defensible.

It's actually even hard for me to understand how you thought this post out frankly... Yes, someone could be moved deeply by what he did as I have been... a gravity and a seriousness that might have been lacking can set in as it has for me. That could cause millions of people to look more deeply into the situation when they hadn't before or weigh certain facts differently than they did before. And I think it's laughable that you expect one man to hold every bit of value on this topic rather than just contributing his piece to the greater whole

I think you are arguing against reality here in favor of just your own narrow perspective and that's granting you that you can keep your perspective!

I'm shocked how many people can't think beyond their own positions about things and it seems like a real loss of logic and reason has set over our whole country even. I don't think it's a measure of intelligence, but I think being able to think thoroughly through and see the value in positions that are not your own is a mark of the sincere use of intelligence.

It's probably simpler. guy went to his safe place, which was training. brain was so overwhelmed he just automatically collapsed into how-to-handle-danger 101. it's either that or he was really stupid. towards the end you can clearly tell there's no question of danger, so why keep the gun on what amounts to a pile of burned flesh.

Like I said, I didn’t watch it. I have no desire to. But, you have to consider that putting him out of his misery could be a legitimate course of action decision. He can’t put the fire out without any fire extinguisher or blanket. You don’t know that a self emoliating person doesn’t have a bomb, whether they run towards someone, or whether shooting them is in their best interest for mercy. And you could be correct. Some cops have a hammer and every problem is a nail. I just raised an theoretical and moral question that interests me in todays climate. Would it be murder or would it be mercy?

This is the kind of arrogance in one's positions that I simply cannot comprehend... Genuinely man, how arrogant are you if you think that 7 billion people on the planet should not rethink their position at all because of what this guy did?

I don't think you realize how profoundly arrogant and self-centered a position like that is. And I am granting you here that you personally shouldn't change your position on anything because of it.... But to assume that nobody should be moved by what this man did and reconsider their positions and see things differently isn't defensible.

It's actually even hard for me to understand how you thought this post out frankly... Yes, someone could be moved deeply by what he did as I have been... a gravity and a seriousness that might have been lacking can set in as it has for me. That could cause millions of people to look more deeply into the situation when they hadn't before or weigh certain facts differently than they did before. And I think it's laughable that you expect one man to hold every bit of value on this topic rather than just contributing his piece to the greater whole

I think you are arguing against reality here in favor of just your own narrow perspective and that's granting you that you can keep your perspective!

I'm shocked how many people can't think beyond their own positions about things and it seems like a real loss of logic and reason has set over our whole country even. I don't think it's a measure of intelligence, but I think being able to think thoroughly through and see the value in positions that are not your own is a mark of the sincere use of intelligence.
A lot of people surely agree with him and just think that this was retarded of him to do. If that's the case there's literally nothing for them to rethink. He's just retarded.

A lot of people surely agree with him and just think that this was retarded of him to do. If that's the case there's literally nothing for them to rethink. He's just retarded.
Now do the rest of the 7 billion people on the planet with your thought experiment though man....

Not just the ones you imagine that agree with you...

Now do the rest of the 7 billion people on the planet with your thought experiment though man....

Not just the ones you imagine that agree with you...
Man shut the fuck up with this arrogant "well just because someone might think differently you can't say anything with certainty" bullshit.

Dude wasted his life and in a week no one will care.

Man shut the fuck up with this arrogant "well just because someone might think differently you can't say anything with certainty" bullshit.

Dude wasted his life and in a week no one will care.
You've just restated an absurdity though.... It's not arrogant to consider that there's 7 billion people on the planet and that they aren't all going to think exactly like you... weigh the situation the same as you do. I think it's just realistic to think that way, don't you?

What position is more areogant here? The one saying saying there's 7 billion people and lots and lots of different ways to look at this situation or you saying no there's only my way and everyone else is either stupid if they don't agree or no one's going to think differently than me about it anyway?

Genuinely man, which of those two positions do you think is more arrogant?

His death will achieve absolutely nothing, apart from breaking the hearts of his loved ones.
You don't know what the larger repercussions might be. It might have a wider impact. And you also can't judge, as an outsider the effect on him personally as a military personnel and being made to feel complicit in these horrors inflicted on civilians, including small children. It no doubt weighed heavy on him while having a felt sense of responsibility even just by association and that influenced his decision to do this.

That's an okay opinion to have because you're not stating that it's a fact. But I also think you leave a lot to chance here because you really don't know that what he did won't save a life and assuming so, I think is unjustifiable. It is absolutely possible that a life will be saved because of this because it may profoundly affect how some soldiers behave when dealing with Palestinians.

But also saving a life cannot be the only useful means of martyrdom. Sacrificing oneself for an ideal in a way that motivates others deeply is also a worthy object of sacrifice.

And it would be very wrong to pretend that no one has been motivated deeply by his actions or could be.

As with most topics on sherdog. I think it's fine for someone to hold an opinion that the soldier shouldn't have done that, but to think of that opinion as a necessity is extremely small-minded.

To go beyond that to mocking is profound foolishness and self-centeredness.
You get it. Few here seem to.

You've just restated an absurdity though.... It's not arrogant to consider that there's 7 billion people on the planet and that they aren't all going to think exactly like you... weigh the situation the same as you do. I think it's just realistic to think that way, don't you?

What position is more areogant here? The one saying saying there's 7 billion people and lots and lots of different ways to look at this situation or you saying no there's only my way and everyone else is either stupid if they don't agree or no one's going to think differently than me about it anyway?

Genuinely man, which of those two positions do you think is more arrogant?
Did you read what I fuckin said? "A lot of people surely agree with him and just think that this was retarded of him to do." Nowhere did I deny the existence of other opinions.

Get off ur high horse and learn some reading comprehension. Or go scroll through ur Twitter echo chamber about how we should all praise someone for killing themselves on Twitch.

I'm done with you, good luck living a retarded life of "Yeah well, there are OPINIONS about things."

You don't know what the larger repercussions might be. It might have a wider impact. And you also can't judge, as an outsider the effect on him personally as a military personnel and being made to feel complicit in these horrors inflicted on civilians, including small children. It no doubt weighed heavy on him while a felt sense of responsibility even just by association and that influenced his decision to do this.

You get it, few here seem to.
Only because they don't want to because they don't want to give any power or good to someone or something that disagrees with their positions...

This is why I don't value intelligence nearly as highly as the world seems to because it's the sincere use of intelligence that counts for a lot more than just IQ.

Did you read what I fuckin said? "A lot of people surely agree with him and just think that this was retarded of him to do." Nowhere did I deny the existence of other opinions.

Get off ur high horse and learn some reading comprehension. Or go scroll through ur Twitter echo chamber about how we should all praise someone for killing themselves on Twitch.

I'm done with you, good luck living a retarded life of "Yeah well, there are OPINIONS about things."
Yes I read what you said and that's all a possibility for sure man.... now do the rest of the 7 billion people on the planet though....

I don't understand how he was able to scream in pain. Out of all the videos i have ever seen of people getting burned to death, nobody made any sound and this is plausible because fire tends to eat up all the oxygen and you're gonna breathe in flames which swell your throat shut.

Sick burn!

Only because they don't want to because they don't want to give any power or good to someone or something that disagrees with their positions...

This is why I don't value intelligence nearly as highly as the world seems to because it's the sincere use of intelligence that counts for a lot more than just IQ.
A lot of them are unwittingly stuck in ego consciousness and defending their small minded and self absorbed world views. They do not have a larger universal ethical framework let alone a larger metaphysical framework with which to comprehend this type of action. It frightens them to see someone giving up their life for an ideal and a principle for, what he believed, is the greater good.
It's just a trivial distraction for them, "another 3 day news story" as some have said.
They don't realize such views reflect the trivialization of their mindsets and perspectives.

He could have utilized the rest of his life to actually do something about the problem, instead of lighting himself on fire.

Btw they let him light himself on fire, he couldn't get it lit for like a minute or two, while they were just standing there
He could had at least gotten a back tattoo of "Free Palestine"

This reminds me that really gotta give some respect to the monk who went out quiet and without moving

Not many who can pull that off

Hope pic doesnt break rules

Last edited:
I don't understand how he was able to scream in pain. Out of all the videos i have ever seen of people getting burned to death, nobody made any sound and this is plausible because fire tends to eat up all the oxygen and you're gonna breathe in flames which swell your throat shut.
Because he was empowered by the promises of 72 purple haired Latinx Zes in heaven

Would it be murder or would it be mercy?
The answer is both. Many cops struggle to understand basic concepts such as "the public has the right to film in public areas". I don't think we need cops entertaining the idea of mercy killings on critically injured civilians. In the video, one of the officers says "I need fire extinguishers not guns" and this SS/capital police (?) officer remains a deer in headlights. This is a good teaching moment. We extinguish burning people, we do not shoot them. This is so bizarre I can buy into the idea he thought the guy could have a bomb or be an imminent threat in some way. It's a retarded thought but I can accept it as plausible.

Back