International Active US Air Force member self-immolates outside Israel Embassy in Washington

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
Aaron Bushnell, an active US Air Force personnel. Quite a horrific way to go, but he had strong feelings about this and was protesting US support. Apparently he has since passed away.

Police reaction is a classic

GHPi2a-QXw-AA31ck.jpg

Horrible way to go. Mental illness personified
No.
Given what he went through, he deserves the respect of being clear about what he chose to die for and in that manner.
He was not mentally ill, he was aghast at what he saw as the military being complicit in war crimes and wanted to take a stand against it.

He could have utilized the rest of his life to actually do something about the problem, instead of lighting himself on fire.
I agree it wasn't the best way to launch a protest, but he obviously felt powerless to do anything and you can't really disagree with him. He felt this was a way of making a statement that would make an impact and be remembered, like the famous Vietnamese monk self immolation.

No.
Given what he went through, he deserves the respect of being clear about what he chose to die for and in that manner.
He was not mentally ill, he was aghast at what he saw as the military being complicit in war crimes and wanted to take a stand against it.

I agree it wasn't the best way to launch a protest, but he obviously felt powerless to do anything and you can't really disagree with him. He felt this was a way of making a statement that would make an impact and be remembered, like the famous Vietnamese monk self immolation.
No mentally fit person lights themselves on fire

I understand that, but we live in an era of like 3 day news cycles. So I feel there's a chance this will probably just be lost in like a week or something. I could be wrong though.

Also, the class of people that sponsor these wars count on us feeling powerless. If this guy had the balls to light himself on fire, he definitely had the attitude to take on elites. I just see this as a sad waste of potential, I guess

Last edited:
No.

Yeah, the guy who lit himself on fire in an attempt to protest and draw attention to something was totally sane. As sane as people who cut themselves or have more than one instance of taking sleeping pills in weak-hearted suicide attempts.

Should he have lived I doubt he'd tell you that he was in a mentally well state up to the moment he lit himself on fire. Mentally well people don't off themselves.

I lost two relatives to suicide. Alcoholism and loss of a wife to cancer played a major role in one and PTSD from Vietnam and loss of a home to fire were the major factors of another along with a history of depression on that side of the family.

No.

Wasn't so bothered about previous atrocities though? Just when Jews are involved?

Back