• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Active Green Beret walks into Illinois bar/bowling alley and randomly shoots 6 people, killing 3...

I am just going off the little info we have. I would believe random if he stayed in Florida and did it.

The man wasn't even booked yet and they took him for food, that is not common. The last thing they should b thinking about is if you are hungry if you just murdered people.

It's a tactic used to garner trust... And, again, suspects in custody have to be fed. To actually believe it was some kind of reward actually says more about the person assuming that.

Not that you said as much.

From your link, absolutely brutal image here.

Jamar Luster, who owns Ripe Life Juice Co., wrote on Facebook

“Last night I watched a young Black man jump out his car with his Dad and run to the police and ambulance with his hands up bc he was shot in the face. They pulled guns on him immediately before he collapsed begging for help Looks like they caught the shooter without a fight tho! Smh!”

See, investigators don't just close the door on investigations at the crime scene. They want every single piece of information, and a full confession if possible. Without that, Roof could've clammed up and plead insanity. Given the extremity of his crime, it was a viable option. Instead, they treated him well enough and got all they needed to send him to death row.

Guy got everything that was coming to him, and you're whining about them giving the dude some Burger King.

Insanity was not a viable option the dude sat there and worshipped with the people. He knew exactly what he was doing. Worrying about if a murderer is hungry right after he killed people is offensive.

From your link, absolutely brutal image here.

Jamar Luster, who owns Ripe Life Juice Co., wrote on Facebook

“Last night I watched a young Black man jump out his car with his Dad and run to the police and ambulance with his hands up bc he was shot in the face. They pulled guns on him immediately before he collapsed begging for help Looks like they caught the shooter without a fight tho! Smh!”

Not like it was a very chaotic scene or anything... You'll get lots of witness accounts with varying degrees of accuracy.

Gain favor for what? They knew he just killed all those people there is nothing to get from him.

There's figuring out the intent. There's getting a picture of his mental state. There's getting details of timelines and how he did it. All this information is vital in getting a conviction, no matter how obvious it seems. Getting this info from the suspect first hand A) closes the investigation a lot faster and saves time and money that would be spent trying to cement these details, and B) gives the suspect no plausible defense. Lawyers are a crafty bunch, and you want to leave no stone unturned that a defense lawyer could capitalize on.

Not like it was a very chaotic scene or anything... You'll get lots of witness accounts with varying degrees of accuracy.

True, who knows if it really happened that way but it sounds believable which is the shitty part.

There's figuring out the intent. There's getting a picture of his mental state. There's getting details of timelines and how he did it. All this information is vital in getting a conviction, no matter how obvious it seems. Getting this info from the suspect first hand A) closes the investigation a lot faster and saves time and money that would be spent trying to cement these details, and B) gives the suspect no plausible defense. Lawyers are a crafty bunch, and you want to leave no stone unturned that a defense lawyer could capitalize on.

If this was some type of investigation where they needed someone to flip on someone I would understand that. This was a multiple murder and they had the gunman with multiple witnesses.

True, who knows if it really happened that way but it sounds believable which is the shitty part.

Gotta remove the emotional response / take.

I've been on active shooters. Was at ABB actually. It's complete chaos. Conflicting reports. Bad information. Incomplete information. Witness accounts that are inconsistent. Etc... Food for thought.

See, investigators don't just close the door on investigations at the crime scene. They want every single piece of information, and a full confession if possible. Without that, Roof could've clammed up and plead insanity. Given the extremity of his crime, it was a viable option. Instead, they treated him well enough and got all they needed to send him to death row.

Guy got everything that was coming to him, and you're whining about them giving the dude some Burger King.
that wasn't the reasoning though they said the only reason he was fed from Burger King is because they didn't think they had the right facilities with everything going on at their Police Department like they just didn't have a sandwich laying around, they did have one, they were treating him with kid gloves

If this was some type of investigation where they needed someone to flip on someone I would understand that. This was a multiple murder and they had the gunman with multiple witnesses.
And his older sister already called in and told them the pictures are of him.
Dylann had chips and drinks from a gas station earlier yet the police claimed he was hungry and hadn't eaten in days. Get the fuck outta here. Did he open the chips and slam it over his head like an ape?
Like they dont have food at the jail....fuck that shit.

Insanity was not a viable option the dude sat there and worshipped with the people. He knew exactly what he was doing. Worrying about if a murderer is hungry right after he killed people is offensive.

It's always a viable option. You're not a lawyer or a psychiatrist. Your hot take on his mental state means fuck all. Luckily, the investigators did their due diligence and robbed him of any such defense.

Lawyers and investigators aren't shit posters on Sherdog. They don't walk into a courtroom and go "I mean, come on folks. He's obviously guilty. The prosecution rests." They build cases, no matter how obvious. Getting Roof to spill his guts in the interrogation room, is the biggest win they can get. Not saying it was the whopper that did it, but it's not uncommon to treat suspects of horrific crimes with dignity and respect, in an attempt to put them at ease and make them more willing to open up about their crimes.

It's always a viable option. You're not a lawyer or a psychiatrist. Your hot take on his mental state means fuck all. Luckily, the investigators did their due diligence and robbed him of any such defense.

Lawyers and investigators aren't shit posters on Sherdog. They don't walk into a courtroom and go "I mean, come on folks. He's obviously guilty. The prosecution rests." They build cases, no matter how obvious. Getting Roof to spill his guts in the interrogation room, is the biggest win they can get. Not saying it was the whopper that did it, but it's not uncommon to treat suspects of horrific crimes with dignity and respect, in an attempt to put them at ease and make them more willing to open up about their crimes.

Bro you going all in the weeds on something that is simple. I know you choose a side and stick to it, but this is dumb.

Investigators said that's not what the Burger King was for. Nothing to do with interrogations at all.

See, that doesn't matter. They want all the information they can get, whether it's seemingly open and shut, or not. It's always best that they get those details from the suspect themselves.

Oh', and it's a fucking burger. You're acting like they cut a deal or something. He's on death row. Does the burger really matter to you?

See, that doesn't matter. They want all the information they can get, whether it's seemingly open and shut, or not. It's always best that they get those details from the suspect themselves.

Oh', and it's a fucking burger. You're acting like they cut a deal or something. He's on death row. Does the burger really matter to you?

Yes, it does! He just murdered people and your concern is if he is hungry.

Bro you going all in the weeds on something that is simple.

The only thing simple here is you and your hot takes on how investigations go.

"Why they need to do any investigatin'? They be witnesses n shit. Case closed."

Yes, it does! He just murdered people and your concern is if he is hungry.

He would be fed regardless. Your issue just seems to be when and where, and the very luxurious Burger King he got.

"My God, they treated him like a king!"

LOL

He would be fed regardless. Your issue just seems to be when and where, and the very luxurious Burger King he got.

"My God, they treated him like a king!"

LOL

Let's cut to the real issue, most of the guys bringing this up are wondering if a minority would have gotten the same courtesy.

Don’t know any special forces from the war on terror. But my dad was in Vietnam and possibly Latin America. Def messes people up. It’s hard to get those who’ve done so much killing to come back into society. My dad wasn’t there a lot for us as kids. You could definitely tell something was always eating at him
I have quite a few friends who are in AFSOC and my best friend is currently an active duty green beret. Let’s just say the life these guys live eventually takes something from you that can never be returned. This is my opinion but the killing is not what hurts the most. It’s watching good people die horribly that ends up being the shit that keeps you up at night. It’s never being able to truly let go and always feeling guilty you are here when so many other good men are gone.

Back