ACIT -the revolutionary training method- is finally here

when I was reading it I thought: "this doesnt even sound fun"...

Omoplata,

In the study you cited, there is no mention of greater 'loading' (here the correct term would really be intensity but I know you HIT priests have a different definition for that, in fact, I just mean weight).

The problem is, it sounds like the non failure group worked with their 6 rep max doing 3 reps for 8 sets w/ 2 minutes of rest between sets. Not enough work. It is not near what most people around here do. I think people around here stop just shy of failure, and they think it works best than hitting failure (I am of this opinion too).

What this study proves is that training to failure is better than deficient half-assed training. It does not show that inroad is the supreme king of all training parameters because the control group is not put under enough work.

Not trying to be picky, I really think what I say.

read about how evander holyfield trained. now that's revolutionary

OpethDrums said:
read about how evander holyfield trained. now that's revolutionary

For boxing or when he was on that dance show my wife loves? Heard Stacy Keebler is on it this time, so for this rare event wrestling > boxing. :)

Noskill said:
In the study you cited, there is no mention of greater 'loading' (here the correct term would really be intensity but I know you HIT priests have a different definition for that, in fact, I just mean weight).

The problem is, it sounds like the non failure group worked with their 6 rep max doing 3 reps for 8 sets w/ 2 minutes of rest between sets. Not enough work. It is not near what most people around here do. I think people around here stop just shy of failure, and they think it works best than hitting failure (I am of this opinion too).

What this study proves is that training to failure is better than deficient half-assed training. It does not show that inroad is the supreme king of all training parameters because the control group is not put under enough work.

I did not post that study to show the effect of gretaer loading. The original question was "can you show me one study that shows inroading matters" and in the study that I posted, it looks like it does matter. The two groups are exposed to the same TUT, TUL, and TTI (time under tension, time uder load and time tension integral, respectively) or whatever you want to call the "work" they are doing. They are definitely doing the same amount of work. The guys who are stopping shy of failure by lifintg a 6RM weight only 3 times are doing twice as many sets. So the total work is surely the same. However, the 3 rep group is of course fresh and has more power left to continue to do more reps at the end of their sets, in other words they achieve less inroading.

"It does not show that inroad is the supreme king of all training parameters" ==> Of course it does not. There is no parameter that is the supreme king and we should stop looking for one. This would be like an endless discussion of whether grappling or striking is better. As we all know, you need them both if you want to be a proper fighter. Similarly neither load, nor inroading, nor frequency nor lifting style is the supreme king. If load was all that mattered, we would all be training like Olympic Lifters. In the end, all of those parameters are important and ACIT is simply a way to get more inroading and metabolic work with less burnout and less probability of overtraining. It is one alternative for people who wish to try a new method of lifting and has its value and place in a well-planned program.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read our stuff, really appreciate the feedback.

Omoplata

Back