ACIT -the revolutionary training method- is finally here

omoplata

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Posters,

The Web Site for Accelerated Inroad Training or simply ACIT is now ready for your review. As the co-developer of the technique, I believe that this is a truly revolutionary method of resistance training and definitely worth taking a look at. As the name implies, ACIT is a means of achieving a tremendous degree of inroading and intensity in an incredibly short period of time and will therefore give the trainee a chance to work very hard with much less risk of overtraining.

please check it out at www.acit-training.com

As you will notice, the site is entirely non-commercial. We offer absolutely nothing for sale, are not hoping to generate revenue via advertising or cross-linking and are only trying to foster intelligent discussion as well as help develop a means that will bring us all a step closer to the greater muscle mass, strength and power we are looking for.

I would like to thank you for your time in advance and am looking forward to hearing your opinions.

Best regards,

Omoplata

Glad to see the REVOLUTION is here.
So...what was there to revolt about??

There is no way I'm reading all that. I don't want to hear about inroad. All I want to hear is #set, reps, exercise selection, tempo, failure or not, +any details you care to include.
just to know if it's total bullshit or just mild bullshit.

Ok, don't give yourself that trouble, I read some of it, I'll stick with my bourgeois lifting. thanks.

is there a cliffnotes version?

Urban said:
is there a cliffnotes version?

His sig says it's REVOLUTIONARY. That's all I need to know. I'm so switching!

Just thought I would save other forum members some time.

ACITwebpage said:
Now what you need to do is flex the biceps as hard as possible while lowering the weight. This will require a

Noskill said:
That sentence cracked me up. Once again, the universal laws of physics save the day.

Imagine if they teamed ACIT with The Strap! Then we'd have the universal laws of physics teamed with quantum mechanics... oh yeah, never mind.

The strap channels so much of my chi that if I were to do that, I would break those universal laws of physics like they were puny little etiquette conventions.

That's how good the strap is.

The thing is, this may be fine and dandy for a bodybuilder, but anything related to bodybuilding or muscle size/definition/aesthetics will be looked down upon here, as it should be looked down upon ... as this is an MMA forum ... where looks mean jack-squat.

There is a lot of detail, and I read all through the 'fundamentals' part, and the underlying theme and goal is muscle growth, no?

Basically a form of HIT training...i think its funny that they found a new revoltionary method and gave it an acronym.(ACIT.) I could just see the meeting where they decided on that; " Yea what we need is our own acronym this way people will talk about us and we''ll sell a gizzillion of whatever we got coming out." I didn't read the part on being unable to sprint because of waste product in the legs but the supplement line is going to be coming out soon...i'm waiting for the before and after photos next...

Matt Furey's Gorilla Program > ACIT + The Strap

I don't understand this at all now... why bother with something like this when study after study after study shows that the most muscle fibers are recruited with maximum effort movements on the concentric (usefull) portion of a lift? Revolutionary my ass.

Diligent said:
The thing is, this may be fine and dandy for a bodybuilder,

I don't see this flying on any serious bodybuilding forum or with even with any semi-serious 'hobby' bodybuilder for that matter either.

Oh, and the thread title cracks me up. ACIT is finally here. Like we've all been waiting breathlessly for months for them to perfect and release it.

Noskill said:
Just thought I would save other forum members some time.

SO the big thing is about contracting as much as possible on the negative, and cutting ROM where the lift is easy.

It's basically about trying to lift a weight as inefficiently as possible so that you are exhausted with a light load. IOW, it teaches you to use your strength like a retard.
This is pure bodybuilding, and inefficient one at that.

That sentence cracked me up. Once again, the universal laws of physics save the day.

Yes, one of the goals is to exhaust the muscle with a lighter load so as not to overburden the central nervous system as well as the joints. This may sound unusual, but if you have actually checked the study that I had referenced, a load that is equal to only 20% of 1 rep maximum generated greater muscle growth than much much heavier weights. Remember 20% of 1Rm is a weight that most people would not even warm-up with.

Of course, if someone reading our site is completely happy with what he is doing and does not wish to try something new, we will respect that. ACIT was developed for athletes who are either in an overtrained state or are at the risk of overtraining. Numerous studies as well as anecdotal evidence shows that this includes the majority of athletes. Especially someone cross-traiing in grappling, striking and weight training would be even under a much higher risk of overtraining and should look more carefully at ACIT.

Urban said:

"I don't understand this at all now... why bother with something like this when study after study after study shows that the most muscle fibers are recruited with maximum effort movements on the concentric (usefull) portion of a lift? Revolutionary my ass."

It is inaccurate to classify the concentric portion of the movement as useful. Numerous studies show that people can grow from negatives and statics. Besides, as we mention, the positive will always be difficult and require maximal recruitment. You are lifting the weight and fighting gravity, so there is no way you will not utilize the muscle in question at maximal or close to maximal effort (assuming you're not "cheating" or throwing the weight by relygin on momentum). What we are trying to do is to maximize the accumulation of lactic acid during the negative, too, so that when the individual lifts the weight back up after the negative, he has to do so in that acidic environment, where the utilization of Fast Twitch fibers would be maximized.

And finally, a note to those who are waiting for before and after pictures... hahahaaa, no worries, there will be none. As you can see there is nothing for sale, nor are there plans to sell something.

omoplata said:
if you have actually checked the study that I had referenced, a load that is equal to only 20% of 1 rep maximum generated greater muscle growth than much much heavier weights.

Studies say the darndest things. I personally don't believe studies too much anymore.

What about strength? How strong can you get using 20% of 1rm? 440x20%=88
Hmm, yeah I doubt using 88 pounds to deadlift would increase my max deadlift....

omoplata said:
It is inaccurate to classify the concentric portion of the movement as useful. Numerous studies show that people can grow from negatives and statics.
to do what? I've never met anyone who said they got more powerful by doing loaded negatives. Dan john sez you're full of shit. and if you don't know who he is, I don't think you a right to tell me shit about lifting.

Besides, as we mention, the positive will always be difficult and require maximal recruitment.
because the lifter "makes" it difficult. why even bother with weight at all? why not just flex and move?

You are lifting the weight and fighting gravity, so there is no way you will not utilize the muscle in question at maximal or close to maximal effort (assuming you're not "cheating" or throwing the weight by relygin on momentum).
oh, goody, you mentioned momentum. This is a huge point of confusion to many HIT (and appearently ACIT) advocates. where you say "cheat by relying on momentum, I see people generating their momentum. Yes, if you're shrugging and you use your legs to gain momentum on the bar, that's cheating (or a power shrug, usefull in its own right but by no means a strict shrug). If, however, you perform your lift explosively (dynamic effort), you are generating momentum through the movment (speed bench, jump squats, etc.).

And I hate to tell you but the weight's you're talking about in the program are not maximal effort at the speeds you're reccomending. not in the least. Max effort is performing the movment as fast and hard as you can on the concentric portion.

What we are trying to do is to maximize the accumulation of lactic acid during the negative, too, so that when the individual lifts the weight back up after the negative, he has to do so in that acidic environment, where the utilization of Fast Twitch fibers would be maximized.
who is we, and why is an acidic environment important? I was under the impression that fast twitch fibers functioned best in a lactic acid free environment, because they used atp-p stores for energy and required time to recharge (hence the flushing of lactic acid from the area). Am i wrong about this, and i would love a source on your response.

sorry but all the people hating on bodybuilding are just trying to feel superior. there isn't a huge difference between powerlifting and bodybuilding.

you can work on your weak point or your strong point. endurance, or raw power. it's all gonna add up to helping you do the work better than you did before.

This is another HIT spinoff. Besides, doing eccentric only movements does not help you improve functional strength and power at all.

Liberation through threadstarter.

He posts from under the Bodhi Tree.

Noskill said:
Studies say the darndest things. I personally don't believe studies too much anymore.

What about strength? How strong can you get using 20% of 1rm? 440x20%=88
Hmm, yeah I doubt using 88 pounds to deadlift would increase my max deadlift....

Unfortunately people focus on a single example given in the site and try to pound on it as hard as they can. Nowhere in the site did we say that one should train with 20% of 1RM. We have very clearly said that researchers were able to elicit a growth response with even as little as 20% of 1Rm. Those who wish to debate that study are welcome to read it in its entirety at

http://www.acsm-msse.org/pt/re/msse/fulltext.00005768-200405001-01691.htm;jsessionid=DmOtUM2vtnHoxea8mWpwT3yJoxybDRIq4wH2ehSBS2zAY6ctgpT1!-85436088!-949856145!9001!-1
(by the way, Squat and leg curl strength increased 19% and 24%, respectively, in the LIT-Kaatsu experiment above in 2 weeks and that's by using 20% of 1RM, not too shabby, I would say)

This is just one example which shows, under the right conditions, muscles can grow with much lighter weights than people usually assume. That's all.... In ACIT, we usually recommend that people reduce the weight by around 30% compared to what they would usually empoy in a given exercise, that's all. So you're still using 70% of what you otherwise would be...

Also, to the poster who asked who "we" is. Well, it is spelled out in the Home Page. I don't know how it can be any more explicit than that.

At the present moment, I do not have time to answer all the specific questions but I welcome all of them. Please do post and I will respond with more specifics as well as further links to research studies as soon as work comitments allow. (the links may take a while to post here as they are on my laptop, which I don't have with me but I will post them)

Best regards

Back