According to Roga, Rousey achieved pinnacle of human history tonight

Honestly, I was nodding my head in agreement with most of what Rogan was speaking. I've been watching MMA for a long time and Ronda is one of the most exciting martial artists I've ever seen fight. From her entrance, the stare down before the fight, the fight itself, the only other fighter that gets my heart going and gets me up out of my seat like Ronda does was Wanderlie in Pride.

It's good that you enjoy her fights so much but may I ask what do you get so excited about? Whenever a Rousey fight gets announced I say Rousey by first round armbar and move on. It is nice that she's showing improvement in other areas now but still seems hard to get excited for a squash match which is all her fights. At least Tate can get out of the first round but even then there isn't much of a fight.

I can't tell anymore if he's just doing his job or he is so impressed that he's not bullshitting.

You know what the girls I was watching with noticed though? He almost never took his hand off her during the post fight. It was like he wanted some of her sweat on his fingers so he could tell his grand kids he felt her once.

My guess is he's exaggerating a little, I doubt he'd say those things just in casual conversation. However, I've said before and I will maintain that Joe legitimately likes Ronda. Listening to him talk about her on his podcasts it's abundantly clear he's a Ronda fan and I'm not talking about just being a fan of her fighting.

Yeah, I noticed he kept touching her too. I also noticed how Dana kept touching her at the weigh ins. Thought that was a bit odd.

rogan is a tumor. he could narrate bumfights and make it sound it's greater than ali-frazier.

His post fight interview was seriously one of the most awkward things Ive seen in my life. Ronda is indeed amazing but I feel Joe is in to more than just her fighting

I bet he has 5 pics of Ronda in his wallet, and none of his wife lol.

yeah it was weird... he seriously popped a honda bonner.
but i guess it wouldnt be very good for business to say.. "wellll bethe started training 3 years ago because she got fat...."
Totally agreed, I suspect that the momentum of everyone yelling in the building gets to him and makes him go crazy.

But honestly, too much praise makes people pull in the other direction and creates negativity.

it was
gfYRY4KYzPXVN8Togb4tveWSCNY@500x347.jpg

It was funny hearing Rogan going on and on about the combos Honda was throwing at Bethe against the cage just after the fight ended. Then, in the slow-mo replay, as Rogan was talking through it, it was clear that virtually every one of those strikes either missed entirely or was a glancing blow, save for the shot that clipped Bethe behind the ear.

But, of course, JoRo being JoRo, he never owns up to his previous misperceptions.

Joe has really went full retard, no hate on Ronda, but she is still sloppy on the feet and Joe's trying to make us believe were seeing something special.

JJ at 115 is an example of how good Women's striking can be in the UFC, Ronda is a long way from that.

Ronda is very good at what she does but her competition is sub standard.

Clip or exact quote?

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/ufc-190-ronda-rousey-octagon-075900764.html

Good Lord Ronda ! Just good Lord.

I had been watching videos of you training with Edmond. Your hands have gotten ridiculously good.

It's an honor to call your fights. It really is ! You're the best ever. You are just a true once in a lifetime human being. I just want to tell you I am beyond honored to call this fight. Thank you very much.

The best ever ladies and gentlemen : Ronda Rousey !

:)

Her opponent had come to decision 7 of 9 fights. This fight was as stupid as most of the womens fights. Ronda is a wimp/b word for avoiding cyborg. If you cant walk the walk then quit while you are ahead ronda...

They're not in the same weight division or in the same promotion. How is that avoiding cyborg? Cyborg needs to get signed by the UFC and make 135. She knows exactly what it will take to get her fight. Dana has stated publicly that if she can take a few fights at 135 to prove she can make the weight, then he will sign her and give her the fight.

No one but hater bitches can call her a wimp. She'd kick your ass faster than her last 3 opponents.

Joe has really went full retard, no hate on Ronda, but she is still sloppy on the feet and Joe's trying to make us believe were seeing something special.

JJ at 115 is an example of how good Women's striking can be in the UFC, Ronda is a long way from that.

Ronda is very good at what she does but her competition is sub standard.

I wish everyone realized this. Ronda is a queen in a very shallow division. Her biggest threat is Tate and she wasn't even impressive against Jessica Eye.

It's good that you enjoy her fights so much but may I ask what do you get so excited about? Whenever a Rousey fight gets announced I say Rousey by first round armbar and move on. It is nice that she's showing improvement in other areas now but still seems hard to get excited for a squash match which is all her fights. At least Tate can get out of the first round but even then there isn't much of a fight.

I just get caught up in the moment. She is one of the few fighters through the years to have that effect on me personally. I'm with Rogan, she is something special. Seeing her do her thing live as it happens is really something to appreciate. If you are just not a fan you are just not a fan. For those of us who are fans, man, it's been one hell of a fucking ride. I've enjoyed every bit of it.

This fight was a little sloppy but there was a blind rage there like what Wanderlie used to have, just relentlessly going after her opponent with an intensity that is lacking from most MMA fighters today. That intensity is what I crave as a fan, with Ronda you get it. Technique doesn't have to be top level for me to enjoy a fight, hell, sometimes I'd rather go watch amateur MMA(the ones without headgear and shin guards lol) over a pro show, at least you know you will be getting to see some fiery scraps.

Last edited:
OH GOD!!!! the same company bashes warriors like Aldo????

any woman doing tai-bow can fight for the belt, weak division.

Back