AC: Odyssey

I started playing this and so far it's nothing like Assassin's Creed 1-4. Which is for the good. I got tired of that formula.

I am just over 50 hours into this. I'm liking it, but it is absurd in its scale. Too many shitty fetch quests, too. The game would benefit from some streamlining.

I am just over 50 hours into this. I'm liking it, but it is absurd in its scale. Too many shitty fetch quests, too. The game would benefit from some streamlining.
This is true.. I feel like those quests are only really good for discovering new locales.

The real strength of this game is the ability to play how you want.. I'm at the point where I finished the main story but I keep playing because I keep discovering new areas to raid. Completing the fort objectives and leader house stuff is too much fun..

Just finished the main story at 56 hours in. I had no idea the ending was even coming. Still a ton of stuff to do and a few islands I haven't visited yet. And two mythical beasts left. I hear the Fate of Atlantis DLC is excellent but I may take a break and play something else first.

SOOO I started playing Origins

Call me crazy but the graphics in Origins seem better- sharper. Not that Odyssey looks bad, but Origins just seems more polished overall which is weird since it came out a year before.

Not too far in yet.. no comment on the gameplay yet, but I think Odyssey might take the edge in that category...

Just finished the main story at 56 hours in. I had no idea the ending was even coming. Still a ton of stuff to do and a few islands I haven't visited yet. And two mythical beasts left. I hear the Fate of Atlantis DLC is excellent but I may take a break and play something else first.
Main story like killing and Cultist and all 4 bosses, and 5th final father?

Call me crazy but the graphics in Origins seem better- sharper. Not that Odyssey looks bad, but Origins just seems more polished overall which is weird since it came out a year before.

Not too far in yet.. no comment on the gameplay yet, but I think Odyssey might take the edge in that category...
Did you play any of the DLC for Odyssey?

Did you play any of the DLC for Odyssey?
No.. I have the Steam version and I tried buying the DLC from the UbiSoft app cuz it was cheap but then I was told that its incompatible with the Steam version AFTER I paid for it

Anyway they gave me my money back and I put the Season Pass on my Steam Wishlist.. I'll get it when it goes on sale. Playing Origins in the meantime- got the Gold version of that from the UbiSoft sale.

I stopped playing after about 20 hours because I remember there was gonna be some update and if you weren't a certain level by that time then you would miss out on some stuff and that kind of put me off lol. I came back to it and man... there's so much shit to do lmao. I played like 3 hours today and didn't even advance the main quest at all. I'm only like 1/4 through the main quest on Hard mode. The combat is fun and the atmosphere is great. I wish my computer could handle it a bit better but it still looks really good. Gonna try to actually play through it.

No.. I have the Steam version and I tried buying the DLC from the UbiSoft app cuz it was cheap but then I was told that its incompatible with the Steam version AFTER I paid for it

Anyway they gave me my money back and I put the Season Pass on my Steam Wishlist.. I'll get it when it goes on sale. Playing Origins in the meantime- got the Gold version of that from the UbiSoft sale.

I bought the Season Pass on sale on Humble Bundle Store that's on sale. I activated on UPlay site but access the game through Steam

Odyssey has the same problem as all of the other AC games. There's an overwhelming amount of things to do on the map and you feel drawn to do them. Once you are 20+ hours in, you get burned out and realize there's another 20-30 hours of story left to get through.

Basically, you need to focus on unlocking the fast travels and just the story. The optional stuff is a huge time sink and will just burn you out from the main game and isn't worth the effort unless you just want a bit more side story.

Odyssey has the same problem as all of the other AC games. There's an overwhelming amount of things to do on the map and you feel drawn to do them. Once you are 20+ hours in, you get burned out and realize there's another 20-30 hours of story left to get through.

Basically, you need to focus on unlocking the fast travels and just the story. The optional stuff is a huge time sink and will just burn you out from the main game and isn't worth the effort unless you just want a bit more side story.

Not really a time sink if you just want an excuse to murder fools...

I'm at the point now where i'm just clearing out forts, going after leaders, etc... not cuz I need to but because it's fun and I like finding creative ways to tackle these challenges

I'm playing it my way...

I didn't get bored until I was long past the story and DLCs. Probably 170 hours or so. I have a handful of side quests left that I couldn't be arsed with, but that's about it. Kassandra fucking people up, and sometimes fucking them, was quite a lot of fun. Plus the gal that voiced her did a fantastic job.

Not really a time sink if you just want an excuse to murder fools...

I'm at the point now where i'm just clearing out forts, going after leaders, etc... not cuz I need to but because it's fun and I like finding creative ways to tackle these challenges

I'm playing it my way...

That’s how I’m playing Origins right now. 50 hours in and I’ve only completed 25% of the game.

TBH, the next ~40 hours isn’t predicted to further the story either.

<Fedor23>

Origins was the first game back after their 2 year layoff so it had a lot of time spent on it.

To me to feels like the more serious and realistic game whereas Odyssey is more about fun and giving the player a surplus of things to do and not so much attempting to be realistic like Origins.

Origins was the first game back after their 2 year layoff so it had a lot of time spent on it.

To me to feels like the more serious and realistic game whereas Odyssey is more about fun and giving the player a surplus of things to do and not so much attempting to be realistic like Origins.
word

too many rocks tho

Back