AC: Odyssey

Well worth 12 dollars. I've played through it and every DLC. 168 hours and 95 percent of the achievements.

I did like the story and map in Origins more but I liked the that combat style was the same. Hoping for the same gameplay style when the next one playing as Vikings come out.

Last edited:
Ive never played an AC game... tempted to get the ultimate edition at 29.99 but it's digital...

Last edited:
Man, must have put in over 170 hours. Origins I loved, but Odyssey's possibly my favourite of the series to date, beating out both AC II and Black Flag.
Francis Rossi lives!

I tried it. Seemed like more Ubitrash so I moved on.

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before and have generally pushed the series in the pile of open-world games/franchises that sound cool but can't even crack my backlog.

But I gotta say everything I have been hearing about Odyssey (and to a lesser extent Black Flag) has me tempted to let it skip the line a bit and give it a try. Always had a soft spot for Ancient Greece too

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before and have generally pushed the series in the pile of open-world games/franchises that sound cool but can't even crack my backlog.

But I gotta say everything I have been hearing about Odyssey (and to a lesser extent Black Flag) has me tempted to let it skip the line a bit and give it a try. Always had a soft spot for Ancient Greece too

I think Odyssey beats even Black Flag by a good margin.

OK so I finally started playing yesterday- Odyssey mode

There's a lot of talking.. how much of this is necessary? I actually kind of like the gameplay mechanics so far.. I just finished the part where you have to secure the wood supply for the bowmaker, but umm yea, I just want to explore the world and play the game.. too much gd talking...

Does the pacing improve?

OK so I finally started playing yesterday- Odyssey mode

There's a lot of talking.. how much of this is necessary? I actually kind of like the gameplay mechanics so far.. I just finished the part where you have to secure the wood supply for the bowmaker, but umm yea, I just want to explore the world and play the game.. too much gd talking...

Does the pacing improve?
Not really, you can tell when the story is moving on, but it moves at a dire pace. There are so many missions, and it doesn't help that it is too slow. Origins was much better in this regard.

Black Flag is top three favorite games of all time. Absolutely hated Origins. If I see this son sale i may try it once I finish my current batch of games.
Ok was gonna buy Odyssey but decided to give Origins another try. It is a 100x better if you understand you have to basically complete every side mission when you unlock a new territory before you progress the main story. The open world which at first appears monotone is actually awesome. Ubisofts ridiculous leveling system sucks though

Last edited:
Not really, you can tell when the story is moving on, but it moves at a dire pace. There are so many missions, and it doesn't help that it is too slow. Origins was much better in this regard.
Hmm ok..

Played a bit more tonight, need to get the hang of switching between hunter/assassin and warrior fighting styles. I know it can be done pretty seamlessly but I'm still trying to get the hang of the flow.

It's cool though. I like using the eagle.

One nitpick though: they really couldn't put in some decent animations for gathering loot? Here I am playing one of the most gorgeous games in existence and Kassandra's animation for collecting money from a pouch on the ground is to wave her hand at an invisible object in the air?? C'mon ubi....

AC Odyssey got me back into the franchise since they left Italy

Origins wasn't horrible and the landscape looked amazing but I didn't like the controls and shooting arrows on horseback was just irritating. I don't mind a tough challenge but it has to keep me engaged or it because pointless

Loved that you can play as a male or female but it doesn't really change the storyline at all

Never regret getting odyssey and finishing it 2 times. Game is just fantastic. Also build i always go full warrior ( spear) and assasin dmg

Never regret getting odyssey and finishing it 2 times. Game is just fantastic. Also build i always go full warrior ( spear) and assasin dmg

It'd be way too hard for me to go through a huge open world game like this a second time, especially right after the first!! That's some focus.

The best part about the game is how it lets you tailor towards one of the three playstyles. I went super stealth with bows, and looooooved it.

OK so I basically spent all of yesterday playing this game.. if that doesn't tell you anything, let me spell it out: I am ALL IN on this game and future Assassin's Creed projects. I am LOVING IT. I am at the part where you reach Athens for the first time and meet up with their leader and he gives you some stuff to do.. no idea how deep into the game I am because I honestly spend most of my time exploring, hunting, etc.

I love the fact you can define your own playstyle- in the beginning I was having some issues getting adjusted to the playstyle, controls and abilities. Once I leveled up a bit and settled into the Hunter class with some basic upgrades so I could hold my own in melee combat, I REALLY started to appreciate the gameplay.

Yes,I'm late to the party but a quarantine is the perfect opportunity to get into this kind of game.

Anyone else's game freeze for a few seconds at a time every so often? I can't tell if its a glitch or I'm pressing or doing something

Anyone else's game freeze for a few seconds at a time every so often? I can't tell if its a glitch or I'm pressing or doing something

Yeah, mine does it too. I thought it was my machine since it's a Gen 1 Xbone.

You need to play black flag too. That is probably my favorite AC

Back