AC: Odyssey

MeatWagon06

Biting on Feints
@Silver
Reaction score
Just now getting around to playing this. I kinda got burnout on this title, though I did play Origins.. This Game is Awesome and Huuge.. so a good time waster for being stuck and home for weeks. If you need something to play check it out. I bought it for $12 off Mercari.

Just now getting around to playing this. I kinda got burnout on this title, though I did play Origins.. This Game is Awesome and Huuge.. so a good time waster for being stuck and home for weeks. If you need something to play check it out. I bought it for $12 off Mercari.

Better than Origins? I started Origins but got bored didnt care for all the horsemounted archery combat either

Better than Origins? I started Origins but got bored didnt care for all the horsemounted archery combat either
Same.. I only finished 75% of Origins and got bored.It is better in every way. Still an RPG like how Origins was, but way more polished. Combat is much better as well. I’m loving it, even just mindlessly exploring the massive map.

I preferred Origins and protag probably being why. Bayek was visceral in his experiences and relatable, IMO; the ending also came full AC boomerang and gave the skyscraper the series is a ground floor. Perfect. To add, I enjoyed discovering oases mid-sands under star-strewn skies and thought the implementation of Egyptian mythology very cool.

I put 100h in Odyssey and regret not a minute of it so not to knock OP; plots in Odyssey felt prescriptively storyboarded and self-aware, rather. Didn't click with me like Origins had. Freeroam in the Ancient Greek world was a big (colossal? nyuck-nyuck-nyuck) plus though.

From what I remember reading last year, AC alongside select catalogue hits and Siege are the only money-making titles for Ubi right now and restructuring was underway to try to right the ship. Release unready shit, get hit.

Enjoy and journey well, TS.

I'm glad you're having fun, TS.

I put 25ish hours in Odyssey before it got too repetitive for me. It is a really good game, but doing the same mission styles over and over gets old. Black Flag is the only AC game that I haven't hit that wall with so far.

Killing the other mercenaries was probably my favorite part.

I'm glad you're having fun, TS.

I put 25ish hours in Odyssey before it got too repetitive for me. It is a really good game, but doing the same mission styles over and over gets old. Black Flag is the only AC game that I haven't hit that wall with so far.

Killing the other mercenaries was probably my favorite part.
I could see that. I try to mix it up between missions and exploring. That’s what happened to me with Origins. Maybe it’s because I haven’t played a AC game in a few years. I’m also intrigued by Mythology, so thank helps.

AC Odyssey is best single player game i have ever played. Last year i finished game with 80 hours and just started dlc but my sony died and all saved data was deleted. Just yesterday i finished story and killed all. Cultist again. So here i am just started DLC again. Never skip scenes and stories, it is really amazing and well made. 10/10 never regret playing it and exploring.

I got this game a while back and haven't even touched it... Asscreed 3 was the last one I played and it wasn't all that.. I kinda got turned off by story heavy games a while back but if you guys say it's good I'll try it out.

I got this game a while back and haven't even touched it... Asscreed 3 was the last one I played and it wasn't all that.. I kinda got turned off by story heavy games a while back but if you guys say it's good I'll try it out.
3 is generally considered the worst major title in the series. You should give Black Flag and Odyssey a chance

I didn't like Origins at all, and I've trudged through every AC game except for Rogue and the French lady one. Odyssey is incredible in my opinion. At around 20-25 hrs it does hit a grind, and you gotta do a lot of stupid shit. But for me, I was invested in Kassandra and the world. I just bought the season pass a couple weeks ago, and I'm finishing the Legacy of the First Blade dlc before the Atlantis dlc.

Tip - If you ever do get the game, get the full version with all the dlc. As much as I loved the game, they gated the real depth of character storyline and true ending to the game behind the dlc. Buuuuuullshit move.

I've put over 200 hours into Odyssey. It's become one those games i come back to every now and then like Skyrim so i would say it's a personal favourite. It's not without it's flaws but combines enough elements of things i like to see in games and does most of them very well or at least competently.

In the next game i would quite happily see a continuation of the style of gameplay found in Odyssey but i hope they drop the over the top supernatural stuff and i'd like to see them implement a new combat system that acts like a hybrid of the newer and older games as i miss the countering and insta kills of the older games.

I got tired of this series 6 years ago. Might try this.

Origins sucked (who thought running around in a desert would be fun). Odyssey is epic

Black Flag is top three favorite games of all time. Absolutely hated Origins. If I see this son sale i may try it once I finish my current batch of games.

Odyssey took everything that changed the series in Orgins and improved upon it. Absolutely loved Odyssey. Greece was a great choice for the game, loved that it was mythical and you're basically a demigod, they did a fantastic job with the ships again, the cities were great, getting to visit all the Greek Islands was great (well except no Rhodes :(). Taking down the Cult was a lot of fun and well executed. Loved exploring every bit of the World (unlike Origins). Was the best AC since Black Flag.

My one complaint is that it's not an Assassin's Creed game. It has zero to do with the Assassin's or Templars and they clearly just used the name to boost game sales.

Odyssey took everything that changed the series in Orgins and improved upon it. Absolutely loved Odyssey. Greece was a great choice for the game, loved that it was mythical and you're basically a demigod, they did a fantastic job with the ships again, the cities were great, getting to visit all the Greek Islands was great (well except no Rhodes :(). Taking down the Cult was a lot of fun and well executed. Loved exploring every bit of the World (unlike Origins). Was the best AC since Black Flag.

My one complaint is that it's not an Assassin's Creed game. It has zero to do with the Assassin's or Templars and they clearly just used the name to boost game sales.

It actually does have stuff to do with the Assassins and Templars if you have the dlc, of course. lol. They tease that stuff in the main game then gate it off. Having said that, I just hit Elysium in the Atlantis dlc, and oh my god, the view.

I'm glad to see people thought Origins sucked, yet gave Odyssey a try, because it's like night and day with the tweaks they made to the latter. It's gotta be my favorite AC at this point. Hitting Elysium put me at the 100 hour mark.

It actually does have stuff to do with the Assassins and Templars if you have the dlc, of course. lol. They tease that stuff in the main game then gate it off. Having said that, I just hit Elysium in the Atlantis dlc, and oh my god, the view.

I'm glad to see people thought Origins sucked, yet gave Odyssey a try, because it's like night and day with the tweaks they made to the latter. It's gotta be my favorite AC at this point. Hitting Elysium put me at the 100 hour mark.

I didn't hate Origins. It made a lot of changes that were necessary in a stale franchise. The problem with that was it was basically a 1st model that wasn't perfected, but it pushed the franchise in the right direction IMO (combat, crafting/hunting, auto travel for open world). It did have too many uninteresting areas and wasn't nearly as deep or engrossing as Oddessy though.

So the DLC is worth it for Odessey then?

I didn't hate Origins. It made a lot of changes that were necessary in a stale franchise. The problem with that was it was basically a 1st model that wasn't perfected, but it pushed the franchise in the right direction IMO (combat, crafting/hunting, auto travel for open world). It did have too many uninteresting areas and wasn't nearly as deep or engrossing as Oddessy though.

So the DLC is worth it for Odessey then?

I would say the Legacy of the first blade was pretty good, and the Atlantis stuff is pretty damn cool. I don't know how they're priced individually, so I can't speak on if they're worth their prices.

One of the few games where i stop to admire the view and take screenshots,

Man, must have put in over 170 hours. Origins I loved, but Odyssey's possibly my favourite of the series to date, beating out both AC II and Black Flag.

Back