*About DC and Stipe: Who has the better chin, who hits harder and who has better cardio?*

Chin - DC slightly
Power - Even
Cardio - Stipe slightly

DC's main advantages are handspeed, clinching and wrestling.

Stipe's main advantages are boxing technique, footwork and heart.

Stipe has better chin? Really?

Let me know when DC ever survives any 5 round wars with prime JDS and prime Ngannou.

Both of Stipe's KO losses have come off vicious eyepokes where he couldn't see the punches coming and so took the equivalent of flush unexpected shots. He was literally wincing in pain after Struve raked his thumb through Stipe's eye. You cannot just ignore that about those finishes.

DC just goes down from hard shots like anybody else, and has a far worse reaction to body shots which IMO is a valid point to consider when discussing "chin" which to me simply means ability to weather punishment, and not necessarily actually getting hit on the chin.

It's clearly Stipe on all 3 counts, but people will say DC who gets passes all the time to be better than he is.

Like there are literally people in this thread saying DC has more power than Stipe, or equal. Stipe has 3 decision wins in his 19 win career. It's laughable to pretend that DC has more power.

Chin - DC
Power - DC when 240+, otherwise Miocic
Cardio - Stipe

Chin: too close to say definitively
KO power: conventional wisdom would suggest D.C., but in reality it appears to be Stipe
Stamina: Stipe, and it's not close.

Seeing as DC has never had his lights turned off, even as he’s taken some beatings, I’d say DC has the better chin.

Stipe probably has the edge with power

Stipe seems to pace himself better so maybe he gets cardio

Seeing as DC has never had his lights turned off, even as he’s taken some beatings, I’d say DC has the better chin.

Stipe probably has the edge with power

Stipe seems to pace himself better so maybe he gets cardio
???? Yes he has

Cormier. Stipe has his chin straight up in the air always

Hmmm very close with the power, I am unsure.

Yeah? I mean, DC has a good chin, but he got cracked by a JJ headkick, which honestly wasn't all that powerful. Stipe survived bombs from francis.
Stipe got slept by pillow fisted Struve

DC has a far better chin, not even close really

Has better cardio too
Let me know when DC ever survives any 5 round wars with prime JDS and prime Ngannou.

Both of Stipe's KO losses have come off vicious eyepokes where he couldn't see the punches coming and so took the equivalent of flush unexpected shots. He was literally wincing in pain after Struve raked his thumb through Stipe's eye. You cannot just ignore that about those finishes.

DC just goes down from hard shots like anybody else, and has a far worse reaction to body shots which IMO is a valid point to consider when discussing "chin" which to me simply means ability to weather punishment, and not necessarily actually getting hit on the chin.
DC mauls JDS and Ngannou

Struve sucks and is pillow fisted, still finished Stipe

Also Stipe has never even been hit to the body so that's a moot point

Neither of them are getting knocked out cold.

But imma tell you this, if Stipe get those bodyshots early in this fight rather than waiting för the 4th round like the last time, he is going to win this.
Lol as if its easy, dumb fuck

Push

Steepay

Steepay

For all those saying Steepay was KO’d by Struve and DC, it’s actually quite easy for a Professional HW MMA fighter to KO a blindman... Also reference the Struve fight, Miocic must’ve taken 4-5 flush shots IIRC, and still wasn’t really dropped b4 the stoppage. They actually both have very good chins.

Last edited:
1. Chin?

2. Power on his punches?

3. Cardio?

1. I prefer punch resistance as it takes into consideration bodywork. Stipe clearly handles strikes better imo.

2. DC has better power up close on his hooks and uppercuts. Stipe has better power everywhere else. Edge: Stipe

3. In standup: Stipe.
Grappling: DC.

My verdict: Draw

Basically, if DC doesn’t get Stipe to the ground and keep him there he loses

Stipe on all 3.

But it doesn't matter much. The biggest difference is DC's handspeed

DC can hit Stipe first every time. He was winning every round of both fights until the 4th round of fight #2, when he got tired of punching Stipe in the face.

I think DC has better chin, power miocic and cardio miocic too, speed dc

Chin: prime for prime definitely DC and it's not even close. He ate some monstrous punches from Rumble and a nasty headlock also.

Power: I'll take Stipe, DC is not really known for having gr8 power...he KOd Stipe bc the punch was unexpected and Stripe's chin isn't an all time gr8

Cardio: they both have ups and downs and no it always show up with the best cardio...I say it's even!

DC (Struve knocked out Stipe FFS and DC survived Rumble)
DC if we're just talking 1 punch pop
Even

1: Stipe
2: Either? Leaning Stipe cause he has way more proven power
3: Stipe

Bit of a mystery that Stipe has better power and a better chin when he was the one knocked out by DC.....

At HW, power and chin are close to being toss-ups for me depending on what one wants to prioritize on any given day. Cardio goes to Stipe IMO.

People ITT seem content to oversell him getting rocked by Struve, DC, or Reem while ignoring the bombs he ate from the hardest power punchers in the sport like Francis and Hunt. Why is that? It's almost like chin isn't a consistent game stat and has variables that play into it moment-to-moment. Shocker.

Stipe got slept by pillow fisted Struve

DC has a far better chin, not even close really

Has better cardio too

Don't trivialize the term "slept" by applying it to the Struve TKO (not KO). His knees had barely even touched the canvas by the time the fight was waved off. Nice try, though.

And trying to say DC has better cardio when he visibly gassed out and badly in their last fight is laughable. Stipe paces himself very well in most of his fights. He keeps a nice, steady output.

Back