Unpopular opinion: Aspinall EASILY finishes Gane even if he doesn't take him down

KanoKanito

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Aspinall has a chin and hits way harder than Gane. Gane doesn't have the power or countering to keep aspinall from blitzing him. Aspinall is basically better everywhere other than leg kicks; better chin, better speed, better hands, much more power , faster footwork and also rolls better with the punches.

Aspinall got clipped hard by Pav right before he turned the tides.

Gane may have a weak grappling game but on the feet he's show far more depth to his striking and hes just as fast. He lacks power but I doubt he falls for one of Aspinall's quick angles. On the feet Gane is the more proven guy with solid Cardio, volume and shot selection as a HW with the angles and footwork to match Aspinalls which seems to he his biggest weapon.

Aspinall has a chin and hits way harder than Gane. Gane doesn't have the power or countering to keep aspinall from blitzing him. Aspinall is basically better everywhere other than leg kicks; better chin, better speed, better hands, much more power , faster footwork and also rolls better with the punches.
I think Aspinall has better boxing and better footwork. He could finish the fight anyway he wants imo. We haven't seen a HW as talented as Tom in the history of the UFC imho (not kidding). The guy has 100% tdd and hasn't ever even been out of the 1st rd. He has some of the highest level BJJ you'll ever see as well. I think he would have smoked Stipe in Stipe's prime along with every other HW for that matter. His hardest test would have been Francis due to the power and chin Francis has, not because of talent. And to top it off Tom's only 30 (which is young for HW) and still has a good 7 years left in him.

Last edited:
no power, really?
Gane has plenty power when he sits down on his punches. It's his fighting style which has him throwing fast instead of using a lot of leverage. I find it hilarious anytime they say a 6' 5" athletic freak like Gane has no power. You can clearly see the difference when he has someone hurt, he'll visibly start to sit down on his punches vs his usually pitter patter style.

Last edited:
no power, really?
Game has plenty power when he sits down on his punches. It's his still which has him throwing fast instead of using a lot of leverage. I find it hilarious anytime they say a 6' 5" athletic freak like Gane has no power. Lol
If we were to rank them using those punching machines he would be below Aspinall, Pavlovich, Lewis and Ngannou, when it comes to fight he isnt known for punching power, its not in him, can he punch as expected for a man his size? Sure, but not at the level those others do.

You Aspinall fans are insane. Gane obviously destroys Tom 9/10 times if it stays on the feet. Watch Gane's fight with Derrick Lewis. Or Volkov. Or really any of his fights where he doesn't get wrestled.

If we were to rank them using those punching machines he would be below Aspinall, Pavlovich, Lewis and Ngannou, when it comes to fight he isnt known for punching power, its not in him, can he punch as expected for a man his size? Sure, but not at the level those others do.
Punching machines now, really?

Gane isn’t dedicated to his training enough to beat a consummate professional like Tonny Aspinal, he’s even admitted to slacking and short cuts in camps.

Gane probably has a slight edge over Tom in striking, but Tom’s wrestling/grappling is significantly better than Gane’s. All fights start standing up, so I guess it would be a competitive fight and Tom should be a slight favourite

Didn’t Gane get dropped by Tuivasa? I like his style and approach but I think a lot of it is for show

Gane has plenty power when he sits down on his punches. It's his fighting style which has him throwing fast instead of using a lot of leverage. I find it hilarious anytime they say a 6' 5" athletic freak like Gane has no power.
Has Gane ever gave anyone the stank leg like Asp did to Pav?

Punching machines now, really?
I mean, if not that all we can go by is what we've seen. Even when he sits down on his punches he isn't knocking anybody out cold. He beat the piss out of Tuivasa, then caught him clean with a straight and rocked him but it took him another 6 follow up shots to knock him down. All of which he threw hard.

Back